Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't just take his word for it either - there's audio of it.

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSmith/sta...863474176?s=20

Aaron Rupar @atrupar Replying to @atrupar
    Trump admits he's sabotaging the Postal Service so universal mail voting will be impossible during an election that will be conducted amid a pandemic this November
    But no let's just give these other instances the instant benefit of the doubt because reasons. And despite all of this from the Salon story the only item you gleaned from it was, "it was one machine" rather than a conglomeration of events:

Numerous reports have detailed how changes made by DeJoy, a top donor to President Donald Trump and the Republican Party, have cut overtime and changed policies, which have slowed down mail delivery across the country.

"We believe these changes, made during the middle of a once-in-a-century pandemic, now threaten the timely delivery of mail — including medicines for seniors, paychecks for workers, and absentee ballots for voters — that is essential to millions of Americans," they wrote in a letter to DeJoy, calling the cost-cutting measures "counterproductive and unacceptable."

"We are beginning to see those changes and how it is impacting the mail. Mail is beginning to pile up in our offices, and we're seeing equipment being removed," she said on Tuesday. "So we are beginning to see the impact of those changes."

"Curious," exclaimed host Noel King, "I hadn't heard about this one. Equipment being removed. What equipment?"

"The sorting equipment that we use to process mail for delivery," said Karol, who is also a postal clerk. "In Iowa, we are losing machines . . . so that also hinders our ability to process mail in the way that we had in the past."
    Karol said DeJoy's changes have alarmed postal workers "all across the country."

"His policies — although they've only been in place for a few weeks — are now affecting the way that we do business and not allowing us to deliver every piece every day as we've done in the past," she said.

She also disputed that the changes were cost-cutting measures.

"I don't see this as cost-saving measures. I see this to undermine the public confidence in the mail service," she said. "It's not saving us. We are spending more time trying to implement changes, and in our office, it's costing more overtime."
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-13-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Here's another quote for you Mr. Head-in-Sand: https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...668782592?s=20

The Recount @therecount
      Trump this morning why he won’t fund US Postal Service. “Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots ... But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.
      He's literally trying to steal the election and your reaction is:
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Run a test. Write a letter to your mother or another loved one. I'm sure they'd love to receive a letter from you. See how long it takes to arrive.
        I mailed a letter on Friday, July 17th to a friend who lives about 15 miles away. She should have received it no later than the 21st. She got it on the 24th. That's a simple envelope. It took a week to go 15 miles.

I mailed a small padded envelope to my brother in Los Angeles. It took close to 15 days. And that was in late June.

So, yes, while mail is still getting through, it is definitely taking much longer than it should. I worry about my mom and aunt - they get their medications via mail. I've told her to start requesting refills sooner than she normally does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I mailed a letter on Friday, July 17th to a friend who lives about 15 miles away. She should have received it no later than the 21st. She got it on the 24th. That's a simple envelope. It took a week to go 15 miles.

I mailed a small padded envelope to my brother in Los Angeles. It took close to 15 days. And that was in late June.

So, yes, while mail is still getting through, it is definitely taking much longer than it should. I worry about my mom and aunt - they get their medications via mail. I've told her to start requesting refills sooner than she normally does.
          How dare you crush the narrative!

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/NancyCoop...70872130547712

The editor of Newsweek tries to stop the absolute dragging they are getting for publishing the "Kamala Harris is Too Black to Be American" article saying it wasnt about racism or birtherism...needless to say it doesnt go well for her. Especially since this clown has an axe to grind since he lost to Harris in 2010 for I believe AG.

I mean Newsweek sucks but that is NYTimes level "Bothsiderism".

Unless they changed the 14th Amendment...which I am sure Trump would love to do if he A) knew how to count to 14 or B) had the ability to read.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• At least 2 days a week (not inclusing Sundays) I dont even get mail now...that has never been the case before.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

You're aware that Trump said he's specifically blocking funding the USPS needs to handle mail-in voting but yet your Pavlovian response is still, "Nothing to see here" like a good little soldier.
                And he said he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. And that we'd travel to Mars. And that he'd deliver to us a very fine health care program. And that we'd have a vaccine for Covid "soon." Shall I go on?

I cannot wait until January.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• It took over a week for my birthday card to arrive from my mother. That was just last week when I received it.

She also sent an overnight express package for my birthday. That took six days to arrive. An OVERNIGHT EXPRESS package took SIX goddammed days.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Yeah guys! Dont you see...he isnt the problem WE ARE!!! If we just ignored everything he said and did there wouldnt be an issue!

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

And he said he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.
                      You realize this is 100% bogus comparison right? One thing has control over, the other he does not. And way to ignore the majority of the content of that article because it demonstrates your, "whatever" attitude is sorely lacking logic.

Comment

• If it takes six days to get an overnight package, then that's just swampy USPS union stewards messing with Trump's guy fixing things by trying to sabotage him. Cry harder, libs. ;-)

Comment

• So...uhh...somehow Herman Cain is still posting on Twitter despite...you know...being dead. And he is tweeting stuff in support of the man whose rally probably caused his death...

(its his daughter doing it but it still looks funny)
                          Last edited by Handyman; 08-13-2020, 11:32 AM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I dropped a request for an absentee ballot in the overnight box at our township on the 12th of July for the 8/4 primary. I got the actual ballot on the 3rd of August. I (unknowingly) had a meeting scheduled with our Sec State office on July 20th for something with my car. I got the letter informing of said meeting on the 31st. Whoops.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              If it takes six days to get an overnight package, then that's just swampy USPS union stewards messing with Trump's guy fixing things by trying to sabotage him. Cry harder, libs. ;-)
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• and as I recall, Congress even gave the postal service extra money as part of the Covid package.
                                Congress, at least the House, wanted to, and had it included. Trump said no deal if it was left in, so it wasn't.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X