X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Are his lawyers making a ham-fisted reference to this recent (SCOTUS, June 2017) ruling?
    https://njsbf.org/2020/05/12/access-...0free%20speech.
    Well, I guess I had not seen that one. That is one horrible decision. And it was unanimous. That decision is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It is amazing how someone pretty freaking dumb like me understands the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States better than a former President of that United States. It's pathetic and sad that that is the case.
    Are his lawyers making a ham-fisted reference to this recent (SCOTUS, June 2017) ruling?
    https://njsbf.org/2020/05/12/access-...0free%20speech.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Remember he loves to make a big stink and loudly threaten lawsuits, but then never actually follows through.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Trump to sue Facebook, Twitter CEOs over being banned from their platforms

Trump made the announcement at a press conference at his New Jersey golf club Wednesday.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...aders-n1273225

It is amazing how someone pretty freaking dumb like me understands the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States better than a former President of that United States. It's pathetic and sad that that is the case.

Trump argued that the suspension of his social media accounts amounts to an infringement on the First Amendment's guarantee that speech won't be curtailed by the government.

Fundamental to that case is his relatively novel contention that the major tech firms function as arms of the federal government rather than as private companies.
    What a fucking joke this lawsuit is. If any Judge gives it the time of day we are finished.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    "MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED" says man who becomes part of the 24 hour news cycle every time he opens his fat yap.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Just a normal tour group!

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Goatse was an incredibly common prank back when I was in college nearly 20 years ago (w t f!!!!!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    If only there was someone who was President for the entire two weeks after the 6th who could have had gained the knowledge of the person who shot Babbitt. For some mysterious reason he didn't give a **** then but now that it's convenient for him to ask to get more PR and money he suddenly cares. (Note: she had it coming, of course, just pointing out how blatantly this is another grift.)

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

The "hands" are photoshopped from "goatse", an early 2000s meme (?). Goatse is a picture of a middle aged dude spreading his arse cheeks and exposing his bum-hole which is rather "large".

The joke here is that Trump's head is where the Bum-Hole is in the original meme.
    Azz-sphincter says what?

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I thought a "goatse" was one-hit wonder from about 5 years ago?

I also don't recall any bunghole memes and I have Twitter. =^D

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Defund the schools is soon to be the right’s new rallying cry.
    It always was. They know their worst enemy is education, like every authoritarian institution that came before them.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Defund the schools is soon to be the right’s new rallying cry.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Trump is said to have responded: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.”
    You know this is one of those remarks that simply passes for conventional wisdom among those people.

Growing up, I knew plenty of white Catholics who would say stuff like this. It's this idea that having a charismatic nationalist leader who talks about The Volk is good, and blaming minorities and foreigners for your problems is acceptable and has a ring of truth, but invading your neighbors is what makes you a bad guy. Hell, Heidegger fell for it and he was pretty smart.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...043831810?s=19

Trump's response to a question about what he did on January 6 to try to prevent the rioting he instigated at the Capitol is whatabout antifa and who killed Ashli Babbitt (note how he gets details of Babbitt's shooting wrong)

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    A lot of books are hitting the shelves right now promising to tell the shocking untold story about the Trump era—but this outrageous claim is going to be pretty hard to beat. An upcoming book by the Wall Street Journal’s Michael Bender recounts a remark from then-President Donald Trump in which he lavished praise on Adolf Hitler. The book—titled Frankly, We Did Win This Election—claims that Trump was talking to his chief of staff John Kelly on a 2018 visit to Europe to mark the centenary of the end of the first world war. Bender reports that Kelly was trying to teach Trump about the history of the conflict and he “connected the dots from the first world war to the second world war and all of Hitler’s atrocities.” Trump is said to have responded: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.” Kelly reportedly chided Trump to his face, telling him: “You cannot ever say anything supportive of Adolf Hitler. You just can’t.”

Liz Harrington, a spokesperson for Trump, said in a statement: “This is totally false. President Trump never said this. It is made up fake news, probably by a general who was incompetent and was fired.”
    https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/st...368153602?s=19

Leave a comment:

Working...
X