This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

You want to know what I wonder? I wonder why all these liberals with these huge brains we keep hearing about have such a surprisingly difficult time with a very, very simple task: Pick up ballot, make choice, deliver ballot before election day deadline. It doesn't get a lot easier than that. I mean if you can't even navigate that problem, do we even care that much that your vote might not count?

I don't really give a ratsazz about the "mailbox rule." If the Minnesota legislature wanted to adopt the "mailbox rule" as the election rule in this state, they would have done so. They didn't.

Let me switch it around for you. Let's say that instead of a Democrat in the Sec of State's office, it was a Republican. Let's further assume a Republican group sued the Sec of State arguing that ballots shouldn't be counted unless they are received at least one day before election day, and the Sec of State decided sure, sounds good to me. You'd be ok with that change in the law made unilaterally by the Secretary of State? I think we know the answer.
    Why do you hate people voting? Are you afraid? You sound afraid.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

You want to know what I wonder? I wonder why all these liberals with these huge brains we keep hearing about have such a surprisingly difficult time with a very, very simple task...
      Why do you think this only impacts liberal voters? Grow up.

Comment

• Hovey just wants everyone to follow the rules set in place. Nevermind the fact those rules are only in place because his fellow republicans know they can only win if they restrict voting.

At some point, it has to suck to find yourself consistently sharing the same opinion as white supremacists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          So someone who mailed their ballot over a week early and has it sitting on the floor of a PO is a lazy POS on tick tok

https://mobile.twitter.com/kionnemcg...14250413215744
          Hush. That **** doesn't happen.

Quit being so anxious.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            Hovey just wants everyone to follow the rules set in place. Nevermind the fact those rules are only in place because his fellow republicans know they can only win if they restrict voting.

At some point, it has to suck to find yourself consistently sharing the same opinion as white supremacists.
            Not if you're ok with those opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Why do you think this only impacts liberal voters? Grow up.
              Well in all fairness most conservatives are too stupid to realize this. While the overall level of intelligence in this country has been slowly falling for 30 or 40 years, the average conservative voter's intelligence has positively cratered. What else can you expect from a whole subset of people who decry education? It was inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Not if you're ok with those opinions.
                I don't think Hovey is a white supremacist or a racist (except insofar as we all are to some degree from being raised in a racist society). The scary thing about Hovey is he appears to have a good brain and a good heart and yet his ideology allows him to turn away from the practical results of his political opinions and choices. He is an excellent example of a Good German. He's not a Nazi, but he will vote for Nazis, and then because he votes for Nazis he must convince himself they can't be that bad (otherwise he would be bad for voting for them). That means he must relentlessly attack everyone who opposes Nazis, and he must either ignore or somehow warp all the facts in order to support that one decision.

If Hovey stopped voting for Nazis he would lose about 98% of his cognitive dissonance and anxiety. Why doesn't he? I assume pride. Probably some sense of tribal allegiance and comraderie to people around him who also vote that way. Some of it is identity and there is no fighting that. But some of it is the terrible power of ideology, and that's why I engage with him. It is frightening to see a good person bobbing and weaving to justify amoral choices in the name of some weird neural crap in his head, probably not even put there by him.

For the love of God, everyone:

Last edited by Kepler; 10-31-2020, 12:07 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  While the overall level of intelligence in this country has been slowly falling for 30 or 40 years
                  This is not true at all. The level of both intelligence and informedness (wd ch?) in this country has been slowly but steadily rising. What's happening is the access of the stupidest, loudest, and most malicious has exploded, which makes it seem like people are stupider. But those people have always existed. Now they are about 35% of the population (the hard core Dumpies). But every one of them has tools to inflict themselves on us which they didn't have 50 years ago.

I'll bet 50% of the population was as dumb as the Dumpies 50 years ago, and 65% was 100 years ago. Partly they are being educated, partly their poor decisions breed them out over time. We always had to tip toe around them before but since (a) we can't anymore and (b) they are now a small enough population, we are now confronting them directly. We used to have to pretend to agree with some of their idiocies just to get through the day. Now we are slowly realizing that we don't have to live in a lowest common denominator world. We can create a country for us. The apes are shocked; the Plutes who harvested ape votes to keep their power are outraged (and scared). That's the hinge of history we have arrived at.

Win the election, expand the courts, exert our power, buy more time, pump as much education as medicine into these sick communities to save some of their kids, and let nature take its course with the rest. This process has been going on in humanity for a million years. It's how we go from animals to rational beings. It's a relay race: we just have to do our part and let the great chain of humanity advance another link.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 10-31-2020, 12:21 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Didn't say he was.

But it obviously ain't a dealbreaker.

Comment

• Ask people in other countries what they think of our intelligence...trust me it isnt going to be kind. We have dumbed ourselves down to ridiculous levels.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Social media and the internet made it possible for stupidity to spread.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't think Hovey is a white supremacist or a racist (except insofar as we all are to some degree from being raised in a racist society).
                          You need to get over this ****ing stupid idea that Hovey is somehow an upstanding, non-racist person. He may seem more intelligent than an Alabama, but that doesn't make him smart.

There were Germans that were scared to act out and so they were silent. That's not Hovey.

There were Germans that went all in and were Nazis. That's also not Hovey.

But then there's the majority of Germans who didn't do **** because they quietly agreed with what was happening. They're the thousands of citizens living in Dachau, seeing the smoke every day, smelling the filth, and watching the trains. That's exactly where Hovey lives. He'd fit in perfectly at the houses just outside the gates that only say "Work makes you free." And he'll tell all of us we're overreacting to it.

Comment

• Least surprising thing I've read today...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...885103618.html

Also, his response to his supporters trying to run the Biden bus off the road..."I LOVE TEXAS"

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1322703389084557314
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• One of the finest Lowering the Bar entries, ever.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• The cusp of becoming a failed state???

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...41142112129027

Comment

Working...
                                X