• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

You are?

News to me.
    I’m from Minnesota, man. I think that’s got Maine over a barrel in the voting Democrat department. You can check for me though.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Sounds like you should develop it. (1) You're a People Of The Land with a natural goodness from your god-fearing sod busting. (2) Your name is psych.
    Nah. I think in this particular case, you need to be one of them for them to understand the message you’re conveying. I can’t teach hypocrisy on this, because, well, um, I was never enough of an ignorant dumba— to vote libertarian or anything but Democrat in an era of Nazis. I can’t say “Now you’ll see the light by becoming Democrat and saving the world!” because I’ve always been a Democrat. You picking up what I’m putting down?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    As much as I am enjoying this there is some relevant news...

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/statu...78vpPd5zw&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    /popcorn

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Serious question: is there a concept of "meta-flyover" country? Lke "I take off from Detroit and land in Minneapolis," so Wisconsin is Flyover2?
    To me, "flyover" is everything between Chicago and Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

I say this as someone who commonly agrees with you:

You have your head shoved so far up your *** that the lump in your throat is your fucking nose.
    OK, OK, then you're not the Midwest. Christ, make up your flatland minds!

Serious question: is there a concept of "meta-flyover" country? Lke "I take off from Detroit and land in Minneapolis," so Wisconsin is Flyover2?

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

The Midwest is anything not touching an ocean, the Gulf, or a Great Lake.
    Please show me on a map what you think the Midwest is, without using a Saul Steinberg illustration.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

You convinced me. Nix the Great Lakes. You guys all make the cut.
    I say this as someone who commonly agrees with you:

You have your head shoved so far up your *** that the lump in your throat is your fucking nose.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    So Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, etc. All states that touch the Great lakes and are the very definition of Midwest are not Midwest.
    You convinced me. Nix the Great Lakes. You guys all make the cut.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    So Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, etc. All states that touch the Great lakes and are the very definition of Midwest are not Midwest.

God you are one elitist ******* aren't you.
    Your take is so bad I think it gave me cancer.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Tennessee is not the Midwest
    The Midwest is anything not touching an ocean, the Gulf, or a Great Lake.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

It’s too bad rich white folks from the Northeast ever think libertarianism is the way to go. Us down-to-earth Midwestern folk are smart enough- logical enough, if you will- to vote Democrat from day one.
    You are?

News to me.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Sounds like you should develop it. (1) You're a People Of The Land with a natural goodness from your god-fearing sod busting. (2) Your name is psych.
    Tennessee is not the Midwest, but there are people like that in the midwest for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

It’s too bad rich white folks from the Northeast ever think libertarianism is the way to go. Us down-to-earth Midwestern folk are smart enough- logical enough, if you will- to vote Democrat from day one.
    Maybe you can develop some kind of training program for these young, haughty elitist STEMlords to go from being ineffective dipsh-ts to functioning members of society.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied

I have a soft spot for Libertarians because I was a young STEMLORD once myself. I believe they have the power to evolve into human beings. They have good logical skills. They just have to realize that logical positivism was buried with its own contradictions 72 years ago when Quine published The Two Dogmas of Empiricism in 1950.
    Maybe you can develop some kind of training program for these young, haughty elitist STEMlords to go from being ineffective dipsh-ts to functioning members of society.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X