This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Interesting. I was wrong about Pelosi's presser. I thought this was a commission for future presidents. No, she's announcing a 25A inquiry into Trump. I totally misunderstood this.
    I'm looking forward to Dumpy's ramblings about this, ha ha...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• The botskis are saying that this isn't for Trump, it's so she can remove Biden after the inauguration and install Harris. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        I mean again I think it's the fish in the rivers rather than the ocean, because yes if you dry up every ****ing river it will hurt the fish but it will also hurt everything else in the state. He's still dumb as Chuck's mom with 12 trucker cocks in her mouth and all but yeahh.
        I believe the fish in question is the delta smelt. It needs the rivers/stream tributaries for spawning. After spawning once it dies. The young fish then go back downstream to the estuaries to mature before going back up to spawn. It needs some level of minimum flow to get up to ideal spawning habitat. They have a low fecundity (low number of eggs) and spawning success has been declining. Like many small non-game fish they are an important part of the ecosystem and food chain. I am not certain but I would imagine they are a an indicator species as well. Their decline means bad things for that river system. They are currently listed as critically endangered but may very well be functionally extinct. Many of the specimens in the system are being hatched in labs and released in a desperate attempt to save them.

Lots of people blame the smelt for the loss of water for irrigation and then subsequent job loss. However, it has been countered by others that the loss of water for irrigation is more to do with the massive and long lasting drought that California has been going through for years. Based on what reading I have done and my limited knowledge of water use rights and what not (and because I am not an derp idiot), I am inclined to agree with the drought reason. I don't know the specifics of the court orders, but I would venture that it was set so that some minimal flow would be maintained in the river. Now, with already record low flows due to droughts, it greatly reduces the water than be taken for irrigation. If there was good flow, it is likely that they would be able to get good water with minimal impact on flows of the river.

Long story short: Trump is a moron and has no clue what he is talking about. But we all knew that.

Comment

• This Pelosi Commission thing is stupid. It is bad optics and even if they feel Trump isn't fit for office there is no way this legislation will A) pass in time or B) have the teeth to actually do anything. I mean it is a solid troll move, but it does nothing to help.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            This Pelosi Commission thing is stupid. It is bad optics and even if they feel Trump isn't fit for office there is no way this legislation will A) pass in time or B) have the teeth to actually do anything. I mean it is a solid troll move, but it does nothing to help.
            Yeah it just let's them play victim while not having the power to really do anything. Unless she knows a lot more about what is happening and can definitively prove it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I don’t recall her doing a lot of stupid moves so I’m hoping there’s more to it

Comment

• She has been particularly cautious about that kind of move in the past. Have to think they are trying to force a hand or see some other predictable political value.
                Last edited by burd; 10-09-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• There isnt. The legislation wont even pass in time for the election let alone fast enough to do anything about Trump. Congress is not in legislative session. This is a worthless move that does more to help Trump legitimize his "The Democrats are trying to steal it" crap than it will make him look unfit.

There is no need for this move...Trump makes himself unfit every time he goes off. Now you are giving the other side a counter attack for no reason.

If she wants more info on his COVID issues that is one thing...but mentioning invoking the 25th is ridiculous. That is for anonymous clowns like us to do not for the SOTH one month before the election. Once more, she basically acknowledges this at her PC. This is about the future...so wait til after the election to do it.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• My wife and I were just talking about this. She got to watch the presser, I didn't see it. My take is that literally no one knows what she's doing here but her and a couple trusted cohorts. We don't know if this is a move at a needed structural change, trolling Trump, actually making a move because he's incompetent, using it as a delay tactic for the ACB proceedings. We have absolutely no idea. Like DGF said, she doesn't make many stupid moves. I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.

Hearing the press trying to explain what she's doing is hilarious. They have no ****ing clue.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• There is no move to make over his incompetence. Congress can't force the issue as of now. (it has to be referred to them) The legislation she is touting wont even be voted on most likely and will never pass with the current make up of Congress. There is no there there.

The idea itself has a ton of merit because the Legislative Branch should have the ability to look into it (even though it will be abused to high heaven at some point) but for this specific case she is out to lunch. Her quote about how Trump will face the voters proves she knows this wont go anywhere before this election. This is a structural change for the future and she is using it as a way to take a jab at the President that is unneeded.

In other news: Trump is taking a medical exam on Tucker's show...***?
                      Last edited by Handyman; 10-09-2020, 11:46 AM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        This Pelosi Commission thing is stupid. It is bad optics and even if they feel Trump isn't fit for office there is no way this legislation will A) pass in time or B) have the teeth to actually do anything. I mean it is a solid troll move, but it does nothing to help.
                        1. Optics isn't real.
                        2. It's trolling to make his orange head pop off.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• He is doing that on his own. This is unneeded. This is like the coach faking a fg up 20 in the 3rd quarter to try and run up score. You gain nothing but risk an unforced error screwing things up.

Just stay out of the way...the guy is hanging himself by the hour.

And ask Hillary if optics matter. Ask Al Franken. Ask any number of Dems who get in trouble over optics if they don't think they are real.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...02185272238080

Breaking NYT: The CDC drafted a sweeping order last month requiring all passengers and employees to wear masks on all forms of public and commercial transportation in the U.S., but it was blocked by the White House, according to federal health officials.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I don’t recall her doing a lot of stupid moves so I’m hoping there’s more to it
                              I agree. Like her or not, Pelosi is one of the best in Washington at playing the political game. I have no idea what’s she’s up to, but I wouldn’t underestimate what it is.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Saw one of the tour buses in town yesterday, people coming up to look at the foliage. "look at the trees!!! They're soo beautiful!!!"

Driver wasn't wearing a mask.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X