POTUS 45.65: I'm Just Here For The Lincoln Project Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the Jon Oliver piece
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Then you (and I for that matter) are rather fortunate. Of course Dems want that type of ease in every state...who is it again who blocks it all the time?

Up until 2 months ago I never had an issue with the Postal Service dating back to at least 2008. Now it sucks. Postal Workers havent been happy with Trump's Postmaster General to say the least. And the rules Congress put in place about the pension funds and such is the ultimate reason it is in financial trouble. I will see if I can find the Jon Oliver episode about it...
      Minnesota was never gonna be a state with massive issues. It’s others that will be- and again shocking that it’s a conservative who can’t see that it’s an issue beyond their home state

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Minnesota was never gonna be a state with massive issues. It’s others that will be- and again shocking that it’s a conservative who can’t see that it’s an issue beyond their home state
        I don't see North Dakota as exactly a liberal bastion, and we haven't had a problem with it there either.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't see North Dakota as exactly a liberal bastion, and we haven't had a problem with it there either.
          So because one conservative state doesn’t have issues, other ones won’t? That’s terrible logic.

i don’t know much about ND voting, but there are some red states that have serious, serious issues

Comment

So because one conservative state doesn’t have issues, other ones won’t? That’s terrible logic.

i don’t know much about ND voting, but there are some red states that have serious, serious issues
            When I lived in North Dakota, it was one of the few (only?) states to have same day registration. So going and picking up a ballot was never an issue. I have no idea how they do voter registration now. If it is still the same, then North Dakota is almost certainly a conservative state outlier.

ETA: Just looked it up, and I misspoke. It is not called "same day registration" because North Dakota does not have voter registration. You just show up with some form of identification. So yes...a conservative state outlier.
            Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 07-31-2020, 11:30 AM.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

What I'm saying is, it's a local (and by that I mean "state") issue. My guess is that there are numerous "conservative" states with no voting issues (probably SD, Wyoming, Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, etc...,) and probably any number of "liberal" states where voters have complained about difficulties voting. My guess is that it is largely a reflection of how well, or how poorly, the state is governed, how well the Secretary of State's office in that state is managed, and financing by the state.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

What I'm saying is, it's a local (and by that I mean "state") issue. My guess is that there are numerous "conservative" states with no voting issues (probably SD, Wyoming, Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, etc...,) and probably any number of "liberal" states where voters have complained about difficulties voting. My guess is that it is largely a reflection of how well, or how poorly, the state is governed, how well the Secretary of State's office in that state is managed, and financing by the state.
                Oh Alaska has issues, the Post Office is a f-ing mess here.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Oh Alaska has issues, the Post Office is a f-ing mess here.
                  Ok. I'll defer to you on that. I hadn't heard of any Alaska related voting problems.

Comment

Ok. I'll defer to you on that. I hadn't heard of any Alaska related voting problems.
                    If we're opening it up to states with voting problems in general, then North Dakota needs to be on that list. I was under the impression that we were talking about voting problems stemming from the issues with the post office.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• The best part of this is some think tank did a study when the Nazis started with the mail-in derp, and it is not at all clear that nuking Mail In will hurt the Dems. A lot of rural conservative idiots rely on it too.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The best part of this is some think tank did a study when the Nazis started with the mail-in derp, and it is not at all clear that nuking Mail In will hurt the Dems. A lot of rural conservative idiots rely on it too.
                        I would think that would be mostly areas like Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and the like. Areas that A) are not changing from Red anytime soon, and B) A small amount of votes anyways.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I would think that would be mostly areas like Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and the like. Areas that A) are not changing from Red anytime soon, and B) A small amount of votes anyways.
                          WY and UT don't matter -- they are straight ticket Nazi anyway so it doesn't matter if they count 80,000 votes or 80.

NV matters a lot -- classic case of a state where educated humans in the cities have rescued the state from the inbred apes in the sticks. AZ, PA, OH, TX are like that.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• LP to Dump: DIAF.

Also, wow.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 07-31-2020, 12:53 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              LP to Dump: DIAF.

Also, wow.
                              No one better in any way insult our beautiful flag or anthem but hey **** the idea of free elections they both stand for.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Lol that's a mighty white list of states there. It's almost as if the effort to suppress votes is happening in states where there is a larger percentage of the population that might not vote the right way...

Comment

Working...
                                X