Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    Rough news for Drew: https://people.com/nose-picking-incr...-covid-7570442

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Obviously the left's fault for forcing Impossible Burgers on us all!

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Why can’t I taste food?

https://twitter.com/bmeiselas/status...3v2cVkMjQylOVg

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

For the randomness you point, sure. But corporal shmuck isn't likely to have access to documents that they are not supposed to have. So the odds are that the person has access for real work reasons- just like the POTUS. So, in reality, it's closer, but not the same.

If they got documents they are not supposed to have access to, then the prosecution needs to be even more robust, as that's bordering on espionage.

But there are very, very, very few documents the POTUS isn't supposed to have.

Still, for this case, the clear attempt to hide the retention multiple times, specifically instruct people to do that, and showing off the documents- that's the real case here.

That being said, not sure what this has to do with COVID anymore. LOL.
    Title has the "Trump virus" in it. More fitting might be Trump Cancer and metastasis but...

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

The event took place in 2021, the punishment was just handed down.
    Ah, even more amusing given the current circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

That's pretty funny, but are there any places that still have mandates? Seems like handing these out is rather moot now (in spite of this still being deadly and debilitating).
    The event took place in 2021, the punishment was just handed down.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    That's pretty funny, but are there any places that still have mandates? Seems like handing these out is rather moot now (in spite of this still being deadly and debilitating).

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    LOL

https://twitter.com/kffhealthnews/st...3v2cVkMjQylOVg

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That was my guess in another thread.
    Maybe you Inceptioned me.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Certainly true.

What percentage of MAGAts will ever make it out of the cult? My guess is between 2-5%.
    That was my guess in another thread.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Ok. Then it's incredibly difficult to do so.
    Certainly true.

What percentage of MAGAts will ever make it out of the cult? My guess is between 2-5%.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't think this is true. For one thing, reformed racists. For another, atheists.
    Ok. Then it's incredibly difficult to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    you cannot reason yourself out of a belief you didn't reason yourself into.
    I don't think this is true. For one thing, reformed racists. For another, atheists.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

My earlier point being, given the pure volume of documents that a VP/POTUS is trying to bring back with them (legally), I could see some slipping through the review process completely by accident. It's not robots doing the reviewing, it's humans who make mistakes. And the recipient is also not going to magically know what every single document that ends up in their possession is, given the volume there too, and it's reasonable for them to assume the review process did its job correctly. So, again assuming one is going through correct process and going through it sincerely, it would not surprise me if some documents ended up in their possession, unbeknownst to them at the time, only for them to notice it at a later time. So as long as they cooperate with the authorities at the later time to make sure things get rectified as much as possible I'm not losing sleep over it.

Of course, none of this was the case with Trump, and that's the problem. There was never a concern for the correct process, things did not end up with him accidentally, he knew he had things he should not, and he repeatedly stalled the attempts to rectify the process.
    This is correct, at least as far as I understand it. Intent, how you came into possession of said documents, their level of classification, and then how you respond when discovered. All of these will determine the "what now". In the cases of both Biden and Pence, they self reported. Classifications were low (fortunately). They both actively assisted the FBI with further searches. Most likely, staffers included them by mistake.

None of that was the case with Trump, who collected absolutely everything, turned over just enough that he thought would get NARA off his back, and then actively obstructed the rest. Not to mention his constant dissemination.

So yeah, to tie this into Covid, the people that insist these are the same situations are the same people that look back at 2020-present and say "man, was that ever overblown!"

And no, you cannot reason yourself out of a belief you didn't reason yourself into.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

While true, at least there's some "excuse" for having a document, and then claim it a mistake, return document, everyone is happy. That's happened a few times like for Pence. But all of the stuff that happened beyond that, yea.
    My earlier point being, given the pure volume of documents that a VP/POTUS is trying to bring back with them (legally), I could see some slipping through the review process completely by accident. It's not robots doing the reviewing, it's humans who make mistakes. And the recipient is also not going to magically know what every single document that ends up in their possession is, given the volume there too, and it's reasonable for them to assume the review process did its job correctly. So, again assuming one is going through correct process and going through it sincerely, it would not surprise me if some documents ended up in their possession, unbeknownst to them at the time, only for them to notice it at a later time. So as long as they cooperate with the authorities at the later time to make sure things get rectified as much as possible I'm not losing sleep over it.

Of course, none of this was the case with Trump, and that's the problem. There was never a concern for the correct process, things did not end up with him accidentally, he knew he had things he should not, and he repeatedly stalled the attempts to rectify the process.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X