Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rufus
    replied
    Nice strawman, Chuckles.

Keep up the ****ty work.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    What a completely ****ed up and illogical comparison. What if our overlords reacted to a shotgun the same way they react to an AK47?

Oh, wait..................

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Imagine that. A dishonest, disingenuous article from a source not exactly known for embracing science (or logic, or reason).

What if this other thing that has nothing to do with the current thing happened? What then? huh?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    What If Our Medical Overlords Reacted to a Common Cold Like They Have to Coronavirus?

https://townhall.com/columnists/scot...virus-n2577028

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Well I think I ****ed up

my wife was driving home tonight and witnessed a single car accident. Once the cops arrived she called me.

After establishing that she and everyone else was ok and safe and I was relieved to hear that, she mentioned the lady and kid were in my wife’s car. I immediately asked, “wait were you wearing a mask?” She said no and I said “are you ****ting me?” (Not angrily, just out of surprise)

wrong answer.

edit: settled in for the night and we both explained how scared we both were. Turns out I had no idea how bad it was. Then the lady’s car ended up getting hit again while they were waiting for the cops. My wife pleaded with the lady to not go back to her car. Thank god.

Deep breaths. Glad she stopped. Possibly saved them from serious injury or worse.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; Yesterday, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

Yeah, what the heck is going on with them and Minnesota?
    We're a month after Sturgis. COVID takes a month to catch hold. ND, SD, IA, MN, WI all spiking one month later.

I don't know why Minnesota isn't spiking as fast as literally every state around it. But it's happening.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post

I'm working on it...Going to get tested this coming week...The biggest problem for me is my symptoms are bad for 4 or 5 days and then I'm fine, so I think I'm over it...The long term effects of this thing scare me
    I have my first neurology appointment this week and hope to learn something

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

That hashtag could get a lot of hits if he keeps it up (I thankfully got blocked in before they shut it off)

Went to a local box store adjacent to Lawrence- All the towns in that area are trending in the wrong direction (In direct in proportion to the number of Dump signs that are popping up). I would say >50% of the people in the store are wearing masks in the dicknose way. What a bunch of Richard Craniums. Worse, most of them were of the ethnicity and race that would put them at sig higher risk. Sigh
    Almost 600 new cases in MA today. Things have gotten a lot worse in last couple weeks and it’s hard to imagine things will improve anytime soon with more schools going back and an increase in indoor dining.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyfan77
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

The research on this is really scary. I wonder how the hell they know the LT prognosis is good. Everything I have been reading is saying they have no idea how they can tell and the experts being consulted for the athletics have flat out said there is no way to tell and we are experimenting on athletes to make $ (paraphrasing but actual sentiment was voiced)

hf77 if you are have exacerbating/remitting symptoms you might want to consider going to see someone or calling one of the bigger med ctrs near you to get in a post covid clinic. That way they can put you out on disability instead of forcing you into a job that will make the symptoms flare worse.
    I'm working on it...Going to get tested this coming week...The biggest problem for me is my symptoms are bad for 4 or 5 days and then I'm fine, so I think I'm over it...The long term effects of this thing scare me

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Yeah, what the heck is going on with them and Minnesota?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    On Wisconsin!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX9/stat...99653666230279

Leave a comment:

• net presence
    replied
    Chuck, thanks for the math lesson. Much appreciated. Yes, I realz I FS currently Lowe than a 1,000 a day at the moment. It was a generalization based both on the average during the summer surge and, what real experts are predicting in the next 45-90 days.

On a separate note, despite our obvious disagreements regarding Covid and politics, I genuinely want to thank you for your years of service to the youth of your area. I’m sure we would find a fair amount of common ground over a cold beer or two.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I would say that about sums it up...

I am sure this is proof though that Africa conspired with China to attack America with the virus! #thetruthisoutthere #stupidcrapsenileoldmenlikeChuckMurraybelieve
    That hashtag could get a lot of hits if he keeps it up (I thankfully got blocked in before they shut it off)

Went to a local box store adjacent to Lawrence- All the towns in that area are trending in the wrong direction (In direct in proportion to the number of Dump signs that are popping up). I would say >50% of the people in the store are wearing masks in the dicknose way. What a bunch of Richard Craniums. Worse, most of them were of the ethnicity and race that would put them at sig higher risk. Sigh

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    Eduardo Rodriguez (myocarditis) has been cleared to resume walking in a couple weeks.

Rodriguez developed myocarditis after contracting COVID-19 and hasn't been able to do any real physical activity since the diagnosis. However, the long-term prognosis is good. "They’re hoping his offseason will be normal and he’ll be able to build himself up for (‘21)." Red Sox manager Ron Roenicke said
    The research on this is really scary. I wonder how the hell they know the LT prognosis is good. Everything I have been reading is saying they have no idea how they can tell and the experts being consulted for the athletics have flat out said there is no way to tell and we are experimenting on athletes to make $ (paraphrasing but actual sentiment was voiced)

hf77 if you are have exacerbating/remitting symptoms you might want to consider going to see someone or calling one of the bigger med ctrs near you to get in a post covid clinic. That way they can put you out on disability instead of forcing you into a job that will make the symptoms flare worse.

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Here's an interesting take: African nations have responded to Coronavirus so much better than the US.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=pocket-newtab
    This is a hysterical piece to say the least.

Kenya, for example tests about 10 people per 1,000, the US about 324 per 1,000. What would the US "Cases" be if they we were testing 10 people per 1000 thousand? Or what would the Kenya "Cases" be if they were testing 324 people per 1,000? Which Country is going to have more "Covid Deaths," the one testing 324 per 1000 or testing 10?

This was from Mid July, Africa (entire continent) testing. Not much has changed since then.

Testing remains limited by shortages of supplies, with just 7.2 million tests conducted on a continent of 1.3 billion people. Data collection is incomplete as some people are dying at home or before being tested. Few African countries were equipped to widely track deaths even before the pandemic.

For context the US rips of 7 million tests in about 10 days for 330,000,000 people +.

Again, the answers are going to be in the excess deaths historical data.

Africa’s case fatality rate in this pandemic remains relatively low at just over 2%, but that measure is weakened if authorities don’t know the real number of deaths.

Here is more info the chew on.

Nigeria isn't known for outstanding heathcare. Nigeria has the worst flu mortality in the world. They're a crowded country with 63% of U.S. pop. and 5x the density. Flu mortality rate 726% of the U.S. rate. But covid mortality rate is <1%???

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-26-2020, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X