Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    The culling of the stupid in the herd is not nearly efficient as it needs to be. The amount of wasted resources- medical and financial- wasted on those born with deficient reactivity to risk.... the excess amount of money spent treating, the loss of income of family and friends who have consequences of their stupidity, the disruption and economic impact of them (and those around them) missing work, the cost of long covid (exponentially higher in the unvaxxed)... We could fund a lot of things more useful than the nanny state propping up people who intentionally put themselves at risk while complaining about the nanny state and then utilizing all the resources they complain are funded.
    Have to add in the people who go bankrupt because they either don't get insurance (because Obamacare) or get the cheapest version they have to (because Obamacare) For sure, people will have to put out a lot of their own money to spite themselves.

It's really not a good thing that people die, and I should feel bad for them and their families. But in the same manner that they object to medical assisted suicide, they are making a choice to risk their lives and tend to lose often enough. Seems that it would be more effective for them to go for a motorcycle ride w/o a helmet at really high speed in traffic. Then at least the other person can sue their insurance and get some money.

Comment

The culling of the stupid in the herd is not nearly efficient as it needs to be. The amount of wasted resources- medical and financial- wasted on those born with deficient reactivity to risk.... the excess amount of money spent treating, the loss of income of family and friends who have consequences of their stupidity, the disruption and economic impact of them (and those around them) missing work, the cost of long covid (exponentially higher in the unvaxxed)... We could fund a lot of things more useful than the nanny state propping up people who intentionally put themselves at risk while complaining about the nanny state and then utilizing all the resources they complain are funded.
      Armies used to take care of this. The testosterones signed up to be moved down. But now wars kill civilians and some of them are worth something, so nature is finding another way.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Late to the party answering but this sent me into the stratosphere. The MEDICAL COMMUNITY handled this exactly as you suggested they should. In doing so they were vilified, chastised, accused of hiding information, lying and told they were less knowledgeable than those who went to the University of Bing, Google or [fill in a Faux host]*. Leading experts were denigrated, misquoted, physically threatened. The attempts of the CDC to present this message were met with the dismantling of the agency, scientists/personnel being muzzled, a mass exodus of experts from the agency, the website being sanitized of accurate information and the data flow being changed to route through a different agency to prevent analysis from occurring. Still, people persisted in trying to convey accurate information.

What you are criticizing is the message from the MEDIA who were unwilling or incapable of accurate reporting incuding nuance or uncertainty. They presented what the medical community was attempting to share with oversimplified analysis, passed judgement without expertise and ultimately managed to undermine any effort by creating confusion. (knucklehead people who were spreading and amplifying patently false information is for another day).

The general population doesn't do well with uncertainty. They were unwilling to listen to the message that there was no definitive answer. That you have no recollection of this message is a perfect illustration of how successful they were at delegitimizing what was being said. The medical community continues to attempt to convey this is a novel virus and we do not know exact answers. This is STILL the message and it is lost in the noise of the idiots.

At the start the message addressed nuances. Guidelines were developing being adjusted d/t increasing knowledge
        Media translation- changes showed lack of knowledge, and they had caught experts 'lying' or changing their tune.

Complex messaging was abandoned in favor of black and white guidelines.
        Media response- claimed variables (the ones that were previously dismissed) were being ignored, asked why guidelines weren't considering local situations.

Variables were acknowledged- release of decision tree guidelines based on local data.
        Media response- too unclear and complicated for people to know what to do. No coverage about how to navigate thru (a 5 yr old could figure this out).

Add into this multiple Public figures who were messaging we should not have to deal with this while ignoring the reality (reality sux chickie- you don't get to be tired, take your ball and go home)

What this has shown is
        -people like being told reality is optional. If they are told it enough, people will believe anything, even if it will kill them or their loved ones.
        -there is no reward in encouraging problem solving or being logical. Outrage is much better for political campaigning.
        -it is nearly impossible to correct faulty messaging

This article is an excellent

https://open.substack.com/pub/yourlo...m_medium=email

*I have an advanced degree and worked in medicine for close to 40 yrs. I don't know what I wasted my money, time and effort for. My message of it was too early to be sure, we didn't have enough data to make definitive statements was met with derision, insult and my being informed I was attempting to cover up real information
        <3
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It’s been over a year since I’ve lost partial sense of smell from this ****ing virus. Fortunately(?) I can still smell most noxious things, so safety is less compromised. Still, I’d tend to think that an ability to smell more scents is better than my overly heightened ability to smell the gasoline in my snowblower.
          Oh, that's the sad truth. I'm sick with covid for the third time and it's annoying me. I am barely coping with diabetes now (I Buy Trulicity Online, do a lot of sports, eat right). And covid limits me even more. When I don't smell, it's terrible! It's sad because three times, my sense of smell has deteriorated significantly
          Last edited by jjuliajul11; 03-31-2023, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• The biggest takeaway so far from the lab leak and other behind the scenes information is there was a concerted cover-up on the information, from a wide swatch of media outlets. At some point, ALL of us need to be able to look at this from the outside. The truth will always come out, eventually. The cracks in the wall are just starting and dont you have to admit the beginnings are not looking good "for Mr Science"?

Emails show Mr Science first became aware of covid from a lab in Nov 2019. Then further emails show a concerted effort to "get ahead: of this in Jan/Feb 2020. Unless Forbes Magazine is shown to be some right wing nut publication, here is an article from DECEMBER 2021. How well has this article aged for the good doctor?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbre...h=48b7d8f3a853

Then you follow it up with one of his most recent interviews where he said this (too paraphrase) - "The virus could still be "naturally occurring". How?? "Maybe a scientist from the lab went to the Wuhan wet market, got infected, and then went back to the lab where he infected another worker. Then they left the lab and infected others, who then infected the world. Yes, it did come OUT of the lab, but it had already gone IN to the lab from outside. See, this would PROVE the virus was in fact, "natural".

Is OJ still looking for the "real" killers? Maybe he could spare a few minutes to fly over to Wuhan. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              It’s been over a year since I’ve lost partial sense of smell from this ****ing virus. Fortunately(?) I can still smell most noxious things, so safety is less compromised. Still, I’d tend to think that an ability to smell more scents is better than my overly heightened ability to smell the gasoline in my snowblower.
              It has been 3+ yrs for me. I totally lost it then had diminished sense of smell, phantom smells where I would smell something that didn't exist- often a chemically smell or something sweetish. I progressed to that becoming intermittent but getting the smell of something stuck in my nose and smelling it all day. Got Covid beginning of Feb- back to square one. (Pooo)

Comment

• Jesus. I'm sorry friends. :-(
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• North Carolina wants to ban COVID vaccine mandates for schools and government employees for 3 years.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    North Carolina wants to ban COVID vaccine mandates for schools and government employees for 3 years.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

So, Native Americans, Hispanics, and Black people die sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

That's the plan.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Well who do they tend to vote for?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Poor people die younger. Wealthy Native Americans, Hispanics, and Black people are doing just fine.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Poor people die younger. Wealthy Native Americans, Hispanics, and Black people are doing just fine.
                              Exactly what this map is. I guarantee a wealth plot mirrors this map exactly.

Being "healthy" takes money in America.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Exactly what this map is. I guarantee a wealth plot mirrors this map exactly.

Last edited by Kepler; 04-27-2023, 10:11 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X