Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There wasn't a backlash against the actual DOE statement, there was a backlash against the Qtards saying "see, we knew all along, Fauci is a reptile, hurr derp hurr!"

Stop. Digging.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

And that's exactly what they were saying. Along with the "most likely, it sprang from nature"nature". You figure out what 'likely' means yet.

But then the usual suspects, and you know who they are, started clamoring about how no way this could have occurred naturally, and had to be released from a lab. And many of them pushing the released intentionally bit.

But you just keep on gaslighting, like you do.
      Oh, god (no pun intended). We're about to get into the Intelligent Design coronavirus theory - a virus this nasty must have been designed, right? How else could it be such a perfect killer?
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

For me, my issue was with drew saying that Jake Sullivan neither confirming or denying dept of energy report as conclusive. Sullivan was admitting it’s possible but the report itself said it had a low level of confidence.

some people reacted that the dept of energy wouldn’t know- well actually they would, as these top security labs are in their purview
        The thing I found surprising in Sullivan’s interview was just how much the narrative has shifted. He didn’t try even a little bit to suggest that it was naturally occurring and more than anything was pushing that Biden is doing everything possible to identify the source.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• No narrative has shifted. It was always assumed to be a natural thing, and that still holds true. The only real wrinkle is whether it was brought to a wet market and spread from there, or an oopsie from a lab that was studying it (without having actually changed it).
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Oh, god (no pun intended). We're about to get into the Intelligent Design coronavirus theory - a virus this nasty must have been designed, right? How else could it be such a perfect killer?
            No no no. It was designed by the Chinese to kill Republican voters. To help Dems get elected. Because the Chinese own the Dem party hook, line and sinker.

And the Repubs did everything they could to combat this dastardly Chinese attack, telling their voters the best information available to combat this infection, urging them to get vaccinated, etc. But the Chinese/Dem allegiance was just too powerful, overwhelming. Those Dems are soooo sneaky.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

But you don't understand. Heavily edited emails presented without context kinda sorta maybe could be interpreted that way......
              The authors of the emails have been approached for comments, or have certainly been free to comment on their own, for a few weeks now and have certainly had a chance to offer the "unedited" versions or any other context you think might be out there.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

No narrative has shifted. It was always assumed to be a natural thing, and that still holds true. The only real wrinkle is whether it was brought to a wet market and spread from there, or an oopsie from a lab that was studying it (without having actually changed it).
                The stuff of movies https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...ome-from-covid

Narrative hasn’t shifted at all.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Not that Hovey or Drew will care, because "We Still Just Don't Know!!!!!!!"

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/new...n-of-covid-19/

Only been out for nine months or so now. But you guys keep on just asking the questions.
                  Last edited by rufus; 03-02-2023, 06:00 PM.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Even if it was lab sourced, China has a lot more to lose than the rest of the world. They already have a serious population decline problem as it is- to make it worse by the virus makes less sense than dumpy ever did.

Thanks to the sum of many issues,
                    most coming to a head during ( and right now) the pandemic, china is also bleeding factories from their borders, too.

Do the right really think they are that stupid? It’s not as bad as vlad and his invasion of Ukraine, but if the release was intentional- it would be pretty close to economic suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Handy's personalization of his opinions is always amusing. You can't be merely in disagreement with him, you have to be morally suspect. And, of course, he knows your motivations and he can see into your heart.

You missed your calling, man. You would have made a fine inquisitor.
                      The irony of this post from you is friggin delicious. Have you ever read a post by you? You literally judge and speak for everyone on this friggin board and anyone who dares have an opinion on any of the thousands of topics you apparently are an expert of all around the world! You are like Rover, the only difference being you actually admit your biases at the door whereas that guy just spouted nonsense and then ran away.

I don't think he is morally suspect, I think he is mistaken either willfully or by forgetfulness. Either that or he wasn't paying attention at all but I don't think that is the case cause he was here commenting at the time. I may be wrong, I have never met the guy. We have differing opinions but see that is what the point of a discussion is. I read what he said and it seems to be in conflict with pretty much everything we know of the situation. People more learned on the subject in this very thread seem to take issue with it too. I commented. I don't present myself as knowing anything more than the experience I had following the issue here and elsewhere. I didn't shout him down, I didn't insult him (I mean I said he is gaslighting himself, but that is more that I think he is convincing himself there wasn't more to what was going on at the time) I disagreed with him. I respect his right to his opinion, I just think it is wrong. Isn't that that the whole point of all this?

Look, I get it, you don't like that your hero Nate Silver is making a heel turn and since you avoid Twitter like the plague you don't see it as much. It sucks cause I used to really like him too. But lots of people recently have taken a turn for the worst and that is just the way it works. You can blame me all you want to if it makes you feel better but it changes nothing. Nate is letting his personal opinions and pride get in the way. He is human, it happens. He has been taking a lot of grief the last couple years (some deserved some not) and he just doesn't seem built to handle it. Since I love a good nerd fight it is great fun. You would be singing a different tune though if it was say Bill Maher saying these things (which btw he did, does and always has) and not Nate Silver.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It is precisely about what the scientists were saying.

Again, there is no question that when the possibility that virus came from a lab was first discussed publicly, people who felt that there was a political or racial hatred agenda to be enhanced by trumpeting that came out of the woodwork. And that isn't right. They should have been shouted down or ignored or whatever.

But the correct response is not to respond by saying that you are confident it didn't come from a lab when they didn't know (and probably still don't know one way or the other), just to try to tamp down the extremism. Respond to the extremism in other ways.
                        I don't disagree with that. But we don't live in a world where that is possible anymore. As you say in your next post people are impatient and COVID caused a lot of fear once it became clear it was a problem. And if we had a society that wasn't horribly divided and you didn't have a political party demonizing everything and everyone they deemed a threat (and half the country so on edge that any slight put them in fight or flight mode) we could have had the proper discussions to figure all of this out in a calm and rational way.

But, and there is always a but, that just isn't feasible. We had our President and his sycophants along with some of the highest rated news hosts in the country calling it things like "China Flu" or "The Chinese Virus". That killed the nuance of the argument because China is bad and the Commies want us dead. (I am not saying you subscribe to this I am saying a lot of scared dumb people did) It was bad enough when it came from the wet markets but the idea it might have been accidentally released from a lab allowed for no nuance in part because morons like Rand Paul made it sound sinister from the word jump. No one wanted to hear the minutiae of what that means (and when Fauci tried saying it at hearings it became a bleep show because the GOP again made it sound sinister) because who cares we have all seen movies and we have all feared weaponized viruses and blah blah blah. That doesn't make it right to outlaw talk of it but once violence started happening I think it was understandable...not to mention half the people were conditioned to not believe what the scientists were saying.

I mean think about it, even after scientists showed that certain drugs (Ivermectin and HCQ especially) had zero effect on the virus people still hoarded them and took them and pretended that because they didn't die it proved it worked just because some politician or loser with a podcast told them too. Young people licked toilets to prove it was a hoax. Rudy Gobert literally caused all sports leagues to shut down by making fun of the virus at a PC and then getting it. How many prominent COVID Hoaxers held parties with no masks and no social distancing and then died because of it? March of 2020 was the end of rational thought in this country for almost 2 straight years. I just don't think the discussion you and Nate think could happen would have happened. You guys sound like Academics who tell teachers how they should run their classroom but never actually see the repercussions of how those decisions affect the students and teachers. There is a difference between theorizing what may be right and what happens in the real world. (ask me sometime what I think about the Minnesota Department of Education in case you think I never say bad things about my side of the aisle)

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

That’s what I recall. I believe fauci himself always said he was open to all the theories as it would take time to figure out- and that’s if china had any integrity to be honest. Several diseases have mutated in the wild. Also possible that it leaked from a lab that is known to study corona viruses.

Scientists didn’t like the “durrr it was leaked from wuhan lab” crowd because there was no proof
                          And that crowd was in control of the government and was the loudest voices in the media and in Congress...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's like IP counts for nothing these days.
                            I believe your bit is in the public domain like Classical Music old man ;^)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The stuff of movies https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...ome-from-covid

Narrative hasn’t shifted at all.
                              I have absolutely no earthly idea why you think that article is evidence in a change in narrative. Do you know what these words mean?

Also, anyone who uses the term "narrative" regarding... almost anything... is making a disingenuous argument.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

I have absolutely no earthly idea why you think that article is evidence in a change in narrative. Do you know what these words mean?

Also, anyone who uses the term "narrative" regarding... almost anything... is making a disingenuous argument.
                                He can’t read.

i read his stupid link and it’s very clear he does not understand what he supposedly read

Comment

Working...
                                X