Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Today was the first day I haven't felt like death. I absolutely guarantee I would have been hospitalized pre-vaccine.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I was almost hoping I had it a few weeks ago. My parasthesia came back in left leg, exact same as when I got Covid years ago. But every test was negative

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I was almost hoping I had it a few weeks ago. My parasthesia came back in left leg, exact same as when I got Covid years ago. But every test was negative
        Sorry to hear that. Any idea what's causing it?
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Former colleague died at 32 a week ago. Had just started a new job Monday, got what was thought to be strep throat Tuesday, and was dead from covid complications Thursday. Heard he was planning to propose to his longtime girlfriend next week, they'd just bought a house together ~6 months ago.

Don't know for certain but presume he was vaccinated since he masked up longer than anyone in the office.

Comment

• Jesus ****. That's.... a terrible, heartbreaking tragedy. Condolences to the family.

Like, I know the data says most of these variants are about on par or less severe than most of the ancestral strains, but I'll tell you what, Thursday night I was legitimately wondering if Friday I'd be going to go to the hospital. My wife said the same thing Friday when I started feeling better. I haven't felt that sick outside of EB, which is a different kind of sick. Even the flu was a distant second to whichever strain we got. And like I said, this is the first time I've ever seen my wife get so much as a cold in the four plus years we've been together.

I thought maybe after getting it and having it be a little cold we could be somewhat more 2018ish in our approach to being out in public. I think we'll stick with strategic unmasking (going out to dinner, etc).
            Code:

Comment

• Mostly back to normal now. Lost my lung capacity though. Mostly from being out of shape to begin with but shoveling tonight in the bitter cold had me wheezing good.

Senses of taste and smell almost back to normal. Maybe 75%. First thing I could smell yesterday was the smoked pork butt we thawed for dinner. It makes me happy that it was the first thing I could smell.

coffee still sucks ***. And I can no longer fart with impunity in enclosed areas. :-/
              Code:

Comment

• Based on what Jake Sullivan said this morning on CNN sounds like lab leak was the most likely origin of COVID. I always figured it was just a conspiracy theory but starting to look more likely.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Not even the conspiracy accounts took his comments that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Based on what Jake Sullivan said this morning on CNN sounds like lab leak was the most likely origin of COVID. I always figured it was just a conspiracy theory but starting to look more likely.
                    Nope. Two agencies, one that oversees labs and the FBI have said they have low confidence assessments that say lab leak. FOUR other agencies say natural cause and two additional agencies say there's no ****in way to know.

So no, that isn't even a plurality of the opinions that make even a low confidence assessment that it's lab leak.
                    Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nope. Two agencies, one that oversees labs and the FBI have said they have low confidence assessments that say lab leak. FOUR other agencies say natural cause and two additional agencies say there's no ****in way to know.

So no, that isn't even a plurality of the opinions that make even a low confidence assessment that it's lab leak.
                      Sure, but try to get Fox DrewS to understand such nuance. C’mon, man!
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My post was strictly about Sullivan’s comments on CNN.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Jake played the question just fine. He said he couldn’t confirm or deny anything. He clearly has no trust in china, which is correct.

no one knows enough to say either way. Because china is a lying sack of lies

Comment

• China's medieval sense of honor and "saving face" ensures the CCP will never admit the real numbers, nor any COVID wrongdoing whatsoever. If they were to do it, the facade they put on for their citizens of China and the CCP being the best would collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              China's medieval sense of honor and "saving face" ensures the CCP will never admit the real numbers, nor any COVID wrongdoing whatsoever. If they were to do it, the facade they put on for their citizens of China and the CCP being the best would collapse.
                              I don't think it is about "face." I think it's that authoritarian regimes lie about anything that exposes their incompetence. cf. Dump and DeSantis.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't think it is about "face." I think it's that authoritarian regimes lie about anything that exposes their incompetence. cf. Dump and DeSantis.
                                If The Government is the supreme authority on all things, no part of it can be shown to have failed in any manner and maintain their cloak of perfection and absolute authority. So in short, what Fade said.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X