Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Mail is almost as credible as Faux News.

Comment

• The Daily Mail is such nonsense that if they write an article simply stating that the Earth rotates around the Sun, I'd question whether or not either the Earth and the Sun even exist.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        The Daily Mail is such nonsense that if they write an article simply stating that the Earth rotates around the Sun, I'd question whether or not either the Earth and the Sun even exist.
        The Sun is an entirely different kettle of fish. It's not even fit to line the bottom of a birdcage.

Oh, you meant the big yellow orb at the center of our solar system.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The Sun is an entirely different kettle of fish. It's not even fit to line the bottom of a birdcage.

Oh, you meant the big yellow orb at the center of our solar system.
          insert laughter emoji here

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            The Daily Mail is almost as credible as Faux News.
            Beautiful attempt at deflection, so obviously you didnt read the story, or it doesnt fit well with your viewpoint,so disregard.

78 Studies on masking covering over 1,000,000 participants. The studies were done in multiple different countries by multiple different organizations. ALL of them are incorrect? No room for more viewpoints about the effectiveness of masking?

Which areas of the studies, or the organizations conducting said studies, can you refute?

Comment

I don't know what the derp drooled in his post, but I'm sure it was something wise and profound.
              The funny thing, at this point, is the actual result of this "information" campaign.

The reduction in lifespan is worst in a very specific group of people. Which seems to be the natural goal for the "information". As if they need more convincing to murder their own people.

Comment

• Wait, is the imbecile posting that as if it's some knock on Covid management?

Well, I suppose it is, entirely stemming from his own side's gross disinformation. The fact is, if it weren't for Trump and the right wing trolls, we'd have a lot fewer dead people today.

Comment

Wait, is the imbecile posting that as if it's some knock on Covid management?

Well, I suppose it is, entirely stemming from his own side's gross disinformation. The fact is, if it weren't for Trump and the right wing trolls, we'd have a lot fewer dead people today.
                  Let alone probably gotten into a stable situation a LOT faster- getting the economy working better. Heck, if he dealt with this much, much better- it's possible he could still be president. But between the BS and that handling of the pandemic, well, that's for a different thread.

Ironic how much the right labeled anyone who thought Obama was a good leader as a worshiper, when they are literally following their guy to their graves. The ultimate sign of worship.

Comment

• Which derp posted I blocked them all...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Beautiful attempt at deflection, so obviously you didnt read the story, or it doesnt fit well with your viewpoint,so disregard.

78 Studies on masking covering over 1,000,000 participants. The studies were done in multiple different countries by multiple different organizations. ALL of them are incorrect? No room for more viewpoints about the effectiveness of masking?

Which areas of the studies, or the organizations conducting said studies, can you refute?
                      The scientific consensus does not support this hypothesis. And the hypothesis is driven by braindead politics. Ergo, the hypothesis is most likely bullsh-t.

Could it be true? Sure, because nothing is certain. That's why conservatives clutch their scripture so close, because in AdultWorld nothing is certain. However, some things are disproved. If you want to shoot up with bleach for COVID please go right ahead. No, seriously. Please, and get your entire caucuse to do likewise. That would really show us.

The rest of us will rely on actual science.

I am legitimately surprised conservatives can get through a day without killing themselves given the idiocy they believe and their utter lack of critical thinking skills, but I guess we have created a world where even the mentally incapable are safe.

Last edited by Kepler; 02-03-2023, 11:51 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Why are cons still trying to debate masks? The pandemic policies are over and here in purple flyover we're back to where I usually only see Asian people and a handful of seniors wearing them in public venues. The ongoing butthurt is just pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Which derp posted I blocked them all...
                          This.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Why are cons still trying to debate masks? The pandemic policies are over and here in purple flyover we're back to where I usually only see Asian people and a handful of seniors wearing them in public venues. The ongoing butthurt is just pathetic.
                            Right? There hasn't been a mask mandate in the country for a year.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

From the Authors themselves:

Our confidence in these results is generally low to moderate for the subjective outcomes related to respiratory illness, but moderate for the more precisely defined laboratory‐confirmed respiratory virus infection, related to masks and N95/P2 respirators. The results might change when further evidence becomes available. Relatively low numbers of people followed the guidance about wearing masks or about hand hygiene, which may have affected the results of the studies.

The evidence summarised in this review on the use of masks is largely based on studies conducted during traditional peak respiratory virus infection seasons up until 2016. Two relevant randomised trials conducted during the COVID‐19 pandemic have been published, but their addition had minimal impact on the overall pooled estimate of effect. The observed lack of effect of mask wearing in interrupting the spread of influenza‐like illness (ILI) or influenza/COVID‐19 in our review has many potential reasons, including: poor study design; insufficiently powered studies arising from low viral circulation in some studies; lower adherence with mask wearing, especially amongst children; quality of the masks used; self‐contamination of the mask by hands; lack of protection from eye exposure from respiratory droplets (allowing a route of entry of respiratory viruses into the nose via the lacrimal duct); saturation of masks with saliva from extended use (promoting virus survival in proteinaceous material); and possible risk compensation behaviour leading to an exaggerated sense of security
                              Our review found large disparities between studies with respect to the clinical outcome events, which were imprecisely defined in several studies, and there were differences in the extent to which laboratory‐confirmed viruses were included in the studies that assessed them
                              The Authors conclusions (and somehow, I suspect, not yours):
                              In summary, more high‐quality RCTs are needed to evaluate the most effective strategies to implement successful physical interventions in practice, both on a small scale and at a population level.

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Why are cons still trying to debate masks? The pandemic policies are over and here in purple flyover we're back to where I usually only see Asian people and a handful of seniors wearing them in public venues. The ongoing butthurt is just pathetic.
                                Here's the thing to me- if they are so convinced that masks are that bad, then they should take out their home air filter, and remove the air filter on their car- as they just put in a block in the airflow that decreases efficiency.

The physics of masks and air filters in your life are exactly the same, as is the intent. As much as people want to convince me of how useless masks are, the basic physics of what they are designed to do can't be really refuted. I've seen plenty of data- both visual as well as measured of that design. They are not perfect, but the reduction in virus load is significant enough to reduce the risk of infection. Just like the air filter on your car- it's not perfect, but it's enough to allow your engine to last a whole lot longer than without it. So it really tells me that people have to look to the flaws and then inflate their notes to pretend that it was a massive mistake.

Then again, the target of such studies are for the haters in the first place at this point. So go ahead and convince the people who are dying in the largest numbers to keep doing nothing. They will certainly keep dying as you intend.

At the time of the original fight against masks and social distancing- it sure seems in hindsight that they noticed who was dying at the time in the highest numbers, and they just wanted to make sure to murder the most people they could that they hated. And now the right is just so angry with it that they are just letting their own die out of spite.

Comment

Working...
                                X