Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    He is at “a medical school in Texas” lol
    I know for expertise I go to the guy still in medical school who brags about being quoted by Joe Rogan rather than the people in the field for multiple decades.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I know for expertise I go to the guy still in medical school who brags about being quoted by Joe Rogan rather than the people in the field for multiple decades.
      You’re supposed to crowdsource policy when it hurts the feefees of morons.

also I can’t believe they won’t name the med school

Comment

Newsweek now accepting op-eds written in crayon: https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-sc...pinion-1776630
        Not really sure what point he was making (as I didn't click through to read more). But of what little I did read, the current result will be more distrust of vaccines, and more deaths. So I'm not really sure what the point of the essay is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          He is at “a medical school in Texas” lol
          Apparently it's UT Austin. WHich... would surprise me.

His educational background is a BA in "medical anthropology" (whatever that is) and a BS in biology, both from UT-A.

some other info I found on the google:
          "Kevin is an MD/PhD student in Texas. He has a BS in biology and BA in anthropology from the University of Texas at Austin and an MS in immunology. For his PhD, he studies the potential use of the ketogenic diet as an adjunctive therapy in the prevention and treatment of cancer, focusing particularly on the role of G-protein-coupled receptor GPR109A. He will return to medical school in 2021 to complete his medical degree. He also has a particular interest in nutrition, nutrition science and how diet and lifestyle play a role in chronic disease prevention and reversal."
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Not really sure what point he was making (as I didn't click through to read more). But of what little I did read, the current result will be more distrust of vaccines, and more deaths. So I'm not really sure what the point of the essay is.
            Grift. Basically just grift.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Apparently it's UT Austin. WHich... would surprise me.

His educational background is a BA in "medical anthropology" (whatever that is) and a BS in biology, both from UT-A.

some other info I found on the google:
              "Kevin is an MD/PhD student in Texas. He has a BS in biology and BA in anthropology from the University of Texas at Austin and an MS in immunology. For his PhD, he studies the potential use of the ketogenic diet as an adjunctive therapy in the prevention and treatment of cancer, focusing particularly on the role of G-protein-coupled receptor GPR109A. He will return to medical school in 2021 to complete his medical degree. He also has a particular interest in nutrition, nutrition science and how diet and lifestyle play a role in chronic disease prevention and reversal."
              His BS/BA is from UT-Austin, doesn't mean his med school is. Especially since he claims he withholds that name due to privacy but specifically mentions UT-Austin.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I read pretty much the entire thing and I don't see what his point is either.

We crafted policy for the people without consulting them. If our public health officials had led with less hubris, the course of the pandemic in the United States might have had a very different outcome, with far fewer lost lives.
                This is ****ing dangerous. He completely ignores the "novel" part of novel virus in the entire essay. He never explains how he would have saved more lives either. I do not get it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This is ****ing dangerous. He completely ignores the "novel" part of novel virus in the entire essay. He never explains how he would have saved more lives either. I do not get it.
                  "Acted with less hubris"??? There was something bad happening and they need to quickly address it. The complainers are Vincent Vega:

The Wolf: Jimmie, lead the way. Boys, get to work.
                  Vincent: A please would be nice.
                  The Wolf: Come again?
                  Vincent: I said a please would be nice.
                  The Wolf: Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better ****ing do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
                  Jules: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that, your help is definitely appreciated.
                  Vincent: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
                  The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car.

KDR

Comment

• The next time a nuclear plant is leaking, we’ll need to poll everyone down at the vfw to see how we should react. Can’t have those ******* scientists making decisions based on facts

Comment

"Acted with less hubris"??? There was something bad happening and they need to quickly address it. The complainers are Vincent Vega:
                      Aside, this is an absolutely brilliant scene. From the initial discussion of coffee to the knowing nod from The Wolf at the end of the kitchen scene. Absolute brilliance.

It also led to one of my favorite lines of all time, from any move: "I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mother****er, mother****er!"
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

It also led to one of my favorite lines of all time, from any move: "I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mother****er, mother****er!"
                        https://ebroodle.typepad.com/.a/6a01...6753ca9970c-pi

KDR

Comment

His BS/BA is from UT-Austin, doesn't mean his med school is. Especially since he claims he withholds that name due to privacy but specifically mentions UT-Austin.
                          Oh jeeze. I completely misread the first sentence. I thought it said "Kevin is an MD/PhD student at Texas"

d'oh
                          Code:

Comment

Oh jeeze. I completely misread the first sentence. I thought it said "Kevin is an MD/PhD student at Texas"

d'oh
                            Yeah his whole "describing things that are adjacent to what he is doing versus what he is actually doing" gives off a real Santos vibe.

KDR

Comment

d'oh
                              This is why I made my comment. If he was at UT I think it would have been stated

Comment

• Wow. A Garfield strip that's actually funny.

Now do Dilbert
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X