Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like my job... But the money that it offers is able to offset the crap I have to put up with. That money was NOT there before the pandemic and I was looking elsewhere.

The main reason I'm content currently is that I've gotten a 50% raise between now and what I was making in Fall 2019. The cash simply buys out the "trouble" my job causes (odd schedule, working in 39*F, 34*F, or -5*F for 10-12 hours/day, regular racism/bigotry among staff are some of the more egregious things). And things are still looking like they will keep trending favorably for me, so I'm just gonna hold the course.

But yea, the actual job I have to do sucks. There is no way to describe it other than that.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      In Covid news, this is outstanding: https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/25/healt...ion/index.html

"But they don't work!" has always been nonsense.
      That it great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

boom.

A+
        Headshot.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          I don't like my job... But the money that it offers is able to offset the crap I have to put up with.
          Exactly. It's a trade. I have valued my misery at roughly my current salary. WHich is generally true for everyone currently employed. There's probably a law named after some old white guy that says this.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

That it great news.
            Yeah it is. There was some worry they'd only have the almost presumed brilliant protection against death and hospitalization. But even a 50% reduction in getting sick at all? That's way beyond what I was expecting.

My only question, what does 52% mean in relation to time? 52% within 3 months? A year? Forever (lol)? I'm assuming something relatively short like 2-3 months. Which is still huge!

Edit: lol, my fault. It was literally the next section:

How long protection lasts

For people who are wondering whether the protection from the bivalent booster they got in September has worn off by now, itâ??s too early to know how waning would work with these new two-strain shots, Link-Gelles said.

So far, there's little evidence of waning effectiveness two to three months after people got their shots.

It's too early, I think, to know how waning will happen with the bivalent vaccine. We know from the older vaccines that we do see protection decrease over time, especially against symptomatic infection. Just like with overall protection, what we've seen in the past is, your protection lasts longer for more severe illness,� Link-Gelles said.

Researchers donâ??t have data past three months, she said, but based on experience, she would expect protection against severe disease and death to be higher and last longer than these results against infections.

â??We will continue to monitor it over time in the coming months,â? she said.

The study authors said that these are just estimates of how well the vaccines are protecting people against an infection that brings on symptoms like cough or fever. They are probably working even better against more severe outcomes like hospitalization and death.
            Code:

Comment

• I was curious about that. I got the booster in September and was wondering if/when I might need another one. I have my annual physical next week and was going to ask my PCP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I was curious about that. I got the booster in September and was wondering if/when I might need another one. I have my annual physical next week and was going to ask my PCP.
                It appears to be going to a once a year system. At least that is what I have been told. So, you can get your Flu/Covid booster at the same time every year. If there is a nasty variant that they want boosters for they will probably communicate that and then you might need an extra one if it's mid year cycle.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It appears to be going to a once a year system. At least that is what I have been told. So, you can get your Flu/Covid booster at the same time every year. If there is a nasty variant that they want boosters for they will probably communicate that and then you might need an extra one if it's mid year cycle.
                  I thought annual too but if I'm reading those numbers right it should be semiannual. Unless we're saying get covered for the winter 10-3 and you should be fine for the summer 4-9.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

As for sucking off of the work of others... you just described capital gains.
                    Or whatever it is that Hovey does.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought annual too but if I'm reading those numbers right it should be semiannual. Unless we're saying get covered for the winter 10-3 and you should be fine for the summer 4-9.
                      HOnestly, what I care about is staying out of the hospital and above ground. If annual is what prevents that, great. Probably kills off more antivaxxers that way. Long game, kep. long game.
                      Code:

Comment

• Newsweek now accepting op-eds written in crayon: https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-sc...pinion-1776630

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Newsweek now accepting op-eds written in crayon: https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-sc...pinion-1776630
                          He should be kicked out of med school, even if it is Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

Comment

• So, the right is just going with the "if we say something often enough, it will become true" method?
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

He should be kicked out of med school, even if it is Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.
                              But he has such a scientific critical eye: https://twitter.com/kevinnbass/statu...38495131791365

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• He is at “a medical school in Texas” lol

Comment

Working...
                                X