Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Fox should sue the FCC to allow smoking commercials. And then encourage their viewers to smoke.
    Taking up smoking to own the libs has literally been a thing since Limbaugh.

Comment

• Tucker was whining about it the other day. Cause Libs love weed which is becoming legal which means it is bad that nicotine is not just allowed to kill people!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Taking up smoking to own the libs has literally been a thing since Limbaugh.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Newsflash: We never WANTED to work; it was required for our continued existence. A more correct way of putting it is: No one is willing to do the job for the poverty wages you're paying.

Lots of pizza and fast food places around here were begging for workers at $13/hour. Amatos offered $17 to start, plus medical, life, 401(k), paid vacation and profit sharing. Guess which one was able to hire people and has remained open throughout the pandemic and is now flourishing?
          Amatos has shut down store(s) around me but they thrive because their food is better and has been for years. They struggle to get and keep help also.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• The point is almost all work sucks and the only reason people do it is economic coercion. It took me 40 years to find a job I didn't want to blow my brains out, and I've been incredibly lucky in never having had a dangerous, drudgery, or physical demanding job.

Almost all work is polite slavery. The rich delude themselves. They party atop a mountain of skulls.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It's just another example of the system eventually collapsing. We have let huge Corporations take over every aspect of our lives. You reap what you sow.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The point is almost all work sucks and the only reason people do it is economic coercion. It took me 40 years to find a job I didn't want to blow my brains out, and I've been incredibly lucky in never having had a dangerous, drudgery, or physical demanding job.

Almost all work is polite slavery. The rich delude themselves. They party atop a mountain of skulls.
                BS. Work is your opportunity, and obligation, to be a contributing member of society, and not a parasite. When we are old enough, and strong enough, we roll up our sleeves and start contributing. When we are old and feeble, society tells us that we've done enough and we set down our tools.

I have a bit of news for you. Your game controllers and your televisions and the home you are sitting in don't just magically appear. Work is literally the only noble contribution you will make during your time here. Everything else is just sucking off of the work of others.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

BS. Work is your opportunity, and obligation, to be a contributing member of society, and not a parasite. When we are old enough, and strong enough, we roll up our sleeves and start contributing. When we are old and feeble, society tells us that we've done enough and we set down our tools.

I have a bit of news for you. Your game controllers and your televisions and the home you are sitting in don't just magically appear. Work is literally the only noble contribution you will make during your time here. Everything else is just sucking off of the work of others.
                  You are describing craftmanship and creativity and service, all of which are noble and fulfilling. "Work" has nothing to do with that. Work is being forced to do another's will. Ever wonder why 99% of people who work hate their jobs? It's not an accident. It's because they are prisoners of an economy every bit as much as manorialism. Take your Randian tripe and tell a miner or a factory worker.

As for sucking off of the work of others... you just described capital gains.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    It's just another example of the system eventually collapsing. We have let huge Corporations take over every aspect of our lives. You reap what you sow.
                    What we gave them we can take back. Sovereignty derives, ultimately, from force -- everything else is a cover story.

Human beings could end the reign of corporations and Wall Street in 72 hours with a comprehensive consumer strike. They are only parasites because we allow it.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by kepler View Post
                      as for sucking off of the work of others... You just described capital gains.
                      boom.

A+
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

If gains and profits were more equitably distributed to those who actually do the real work ot make the goods you buy, you would have a point.

But that doesn't happen. It's the people who tell them what to do that get rewarded the most. Even if what they tell them is wrong- and the company ends up in trouble for some reason. The higher ups barely suffer- either the bankruptcy court awards them with massive salaries or they get incredible golden parachutes. Whereas the people who do the real work to make or harvest stuff lose their jobs and livelihoods.

Don't you find it curious that some of the lowest paid workers in this country are also the most important ones we have- the people who harvest food? But the owners of Kroger or Publix- who just make decisions- make millions?

Those game controller makers you talk about barely make any money, and have to send them to their families- who are also struggling in a rural country. Whereas the "owners" of said plant in China are quickly becoming billionaires. And this is in a country where the state owns everything.

If the wage gap between the actual workers and the upper management were closer, your point would be more valid. But it's far, far, far from that.

Comment

You are describing craftmanship and creativity and service, all of which are noble and fulfilling. "Work" has nothing to do with that. Work is being forced to do another's will. Ever wonder why 99% of people who work hate their jobs? It's not an accident. It's because they are prisoners of an economy every bit as much as manorialism. Take your Randian tripe and tell a miner or a factory worker.

As with most of the other statistics you throw around here, that isn't even remotely true.

A small percentage of people may hate their job. Some people may also feel stressed about their job, but that stress can include things like self-imposed stress where the employee wants to do a great job and is worried that they aren't. Workers may also feel underappreciated, but that's not a sign that they hate their job, they may just hate the person that is supervising their performance.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Small Percentage? Dude, come on. Maybe Kep's 99% is high but "small percentage"?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/12/job-...018%25%20angry.

I won't quote snippets, read that whole article. Companies that treat their employees well tend to do well. Conversely, with some exceptions, companies that don't... don't.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

They are not called unearned income for nothing. Much of investment things have no real impact on making stuff to sell. And they don't really contribute to a real GDP- they just gamble.

Funny that they are get so very much money when they produce nothing- just trade on perceived value of something, and the people who make stuff, like the assembly line workers who make cars, get a small fraction of those leeches.

Comment

• In Covid news, this is outstanding: https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/25/healt...ion/index.html

For adults between the ages of 18 and 49, the boosters cut the odds of getting a symptomatic infection caused by the BA.5 subvariant by 52%, and it cut the odds of getting an infection caused by XBB or XBB.1.5 by 49%. For adults 50 to 64, the new boosters cut the odds of getting sick with Covid-19 by 43% for BA.5 and 40% for XBB subvariants. For those 65 and older, the boosters cut the odds of an infection with symptoms by 37% and 43% for the BA.5 and XBB subvariants, respectively.
                                "But they don't work!" has always been nonsense.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X