Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Denialist and Proud Boy dies of COVID. Dude claimed he was "naturally resistant. "

https://snbc13.com/aaron-laigaie-mt-...eath-obituary/
    A few days ago, I tried to go through the math of the death rates- man the data is hard to get that is clean and easy to use. At least the CDC data.

But the in your head math: 20% of the population isn't vaccinated- so call it 66M people. And based on what I can see, the annual deaths is somewhere around 100-120k of that population. Extrapolate that to the whole population, that's 500-600k dead every year. Which is to say that COVID is right there as the leading cause of death for the unvaccinated.

Not quite as bad when it was 700-1000k in the dark days. But it's still really, really bad. Easily so bad to warrant massive amounts of regulation or research for other causes of death.

Not sure if that's accurate or not- but interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

A few days ago, I tried to go through the math of the death rates- man the data is hard to get that is clean and easy to use. At least the CDC data.

But the in your head math: 20% of the population isn't vaccinated- so call it 66M people. And based on what I can see, the annual deaths is somewhere around 100-120k of that population. Extrapolate that to the whole population, that's 500-600k dead every year. Which is to say that COVID is right there as the leading cause of death for the unvaccinated.

Not quite as bad when it was 700-1000k in the dark days. But it's still really, really bad. Easily so bad to warrant massive amounts of regulation or research for other causes of death.

Not sure if that's accurate or not- but interesting.
      But what we'll hear from the government and corporate media is "No one wants to work anymore," not "The person who used to do this job is dead."

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

But what we'll hear from the government and corporate media is "No one wants to work anymore," not "The person who used to do this job is dead."
        Well, it's not as if the former isn't true. I didn't want to work anymore and quit.

Although that's been in the works for 25 years for that specific time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Both are true.

Where the media will be wrong in is forgetting about all the conservative deaths in the 2024 election. I believe after the midterms the GOP was lamenting about a million less votes than they were expecting and can't seem to figure out why. The media seems confused as well...by my count it will be even worse in 22 months or so...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Where the media will be wrong in is forgetting about all the conservative deaths in the 2024 election. I believe after the midterms the GOP was lamenting about a million less votes than they were expecting and can't seem to figure out why. The media seems confused as well...by my count it will be even worse in 22 months or so...
            "Stay the course."
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Both are true.

Comes back to the question to the conservative media- why are you killing your viewers? That's literally what is happening. The more right the viewer is, the more likely they will die based on what the news is telling them.

An incredibly funny point is right wingers (like Musk) getting the vaccine, reporting how crappy they feel, and telling their minions to NOT get vaccinated. So you go and keep yourself alive, and then make sure the people who worship you die in the exact way you just protected yourself to. What kind of reporting is that?

Comment

An incredibly funny point is right wingers (like Musk) getting the vaccine, reporting how crappy they feel, and telling their minions to NOT get vaccinated. So you go and keep yourself alive, and then make sure the people who worship you die in the exact way you just protected yourself to. What kind of reporting is that?
                Lucrative.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Also funny because that's your workforce, dubmass! Keeping everyone in your company productive is incredibly important. The most important thing to the P&L.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, it's not as if the former isn't true. I didn't want to work anymore and quit.

Although that's been in the works for 25 years for that specific time.
                    Newsflash: We never WANTED to work; it was required for our continued existence. A more correct way of putting it is: No one is willing to do the job for the poverty wages you're paying.

Lots of pizza and fast food places around here were begging for workers at $13/hour. Amatos offered $17 to start, plus medical, life, 401(k), paid vacation and profit sharing. Guess which one was able to hire people and has remained open throughout the pandemic and is now flourishing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Lucrative.
                      For how long? Your viewership is declining because of your reporting.

Comment

For how long? Your viewership is declining because of your reporting.
                        Viewership will be declining at some point anyways because The Olds are not getting any younger.

ticap,

My buddy had a pizza place and paid the best he could. Dunkin Donuts came in and offered his managers more money than he could afford, better hours (because of how short the workday is) and benefits a small time shop can't offer. That is why he had a pizza place. He wasn't paying crap wages either...he just can't match corporate run stores.

Now, we can all applaud the corporate behemoths or even just larger stores Darwining out the mom and pop shops that probably can't afford to do what the big stores can but in the end that hurts local economies more than it helps. Many of the same people who are happy about all of this are the same people who *****ed as Walmart destroyed communities for decades doing much the same business practice. Homogenization destroys character and makes communities less for it. Not to mention it destroys competition...

It is not cut and dry. Not every place that pays lesser wages is doing so to screw over the workers.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Viewership will be declining at some point anyways because The Olds are not getting any younger.
                          True, but this is increasing the rate of decline by quite a bit. And instead of trying to put ads out there to make their viewers live longer, it's the opposite. The actual encouragement to increase their threat of death.

Fox should sue the FCC to allow smoking commercials. And then encourage their viewers to smoke. And then possibly tell their viewers to "stick it to the man" and intentionally not wear seatbelts as well as throw away bike helmets. It would have a similar effect, and I'm sure they can make even more short term ad money.

Just looking this up, but some of Faux News shows have only 3.5M viewers (and that's a huge amount, relatively speaking). And even if only half of the dying have cable to watch (and they probably do, else who is telling them how bad vaccines are), 50k is just under 1.5% of their viewers dying. Probably some massive wrong assumptions there, but the idea....

Comment

Now, we can all applaud the corporate behemoths or even just larger stores Darwining out the mom and pop shops that probably can't afford to do what the big stores can but in the end that hurts local economies more than it helps. Many of the same people who are happy about all of this are the same people who *****ed as Walmart destroyed communities for decades doing much the same business practice. Homogenization destroys character and makes communities less for it. Not to mention it destroys competition...
                            Universal health care coverage for the economy. And job security. And real hope for the small business opportunity.

Comment

Universal health care coverage for the economy. And job security. And real hope for the small business opportunity.
                              UHC would require corporations to actually fight for employees instead of tethering them to "Well, do you want to take a chance you get hurt?"
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

UHC would require corporations to actually fight for employees instead of tethering them to "Well, do you want to take a chance you get hurt?"
                                I hate that acronym for universal coverage for…reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X