Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah. I've been angling to get to the plant there for about six months but now's the right time with the end tire team going down. It's actually one of our larger facilities. Lotta money there. Tiny town.

not looking forward to 2025-2026. No extended stay hotels and I'll be spending 25%+ of my time down there.
    During the warm months, Lake of the Ozarks can't be too far east. KC is maybe 45 min north for whatever it has to offer. In any case, it won't compare to Mpls.

Comment

• I got a notification on my phone from the Virginia Department of Health that someone that was near me tested positive. I haven’t been anywhere near Virginia or anyone from Virginia. I’ve been off work since last Thursday and haven’t really been out to do or see much. How do I get a notification like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I got a notification on my phone from the Virginia Department of Health that someone that was near me tested positive. I haven’t been anywhere near Virginia or anyone from Virginia. I’ve been off work since last Thursday and haven’t really been out to do or see much. How do I get a notification like that?
        Did it have a suspicious link? Scam?
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• A leading QAnon promoter who urged both her followers and strangers she passed on the street not to take the COVID vaccine died Thursday of the coronavirus, making her just the latest vaccine opponent killed by the disease.
          https://***********/Kevin_Padma/stat...30856663252998

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Huh. Imagine that.

Comment

• Came to ask if that article date was a typo. Guess not. Oh well, good reminder.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Isn't that story like a year old? I thought I remember seeing her story here before, although it might have been somewhere else, too.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

That article says 1/7/22. Typo or she been dead awhile.
                  Just saw it today. The relevant information is she died of stupidity.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I sent my mom a selfie from my hospital bed to show I was OK after my surgery and she said she was glad to see I was wearing my mask. It is mandatory in hospital for all patients, visitors and staff. Outside the pandemic is mostly considered over and forgotten but inside these walls it is still very much reality. When they were transporting me from recovery to my room I saw an entire wing devoted to Covid-19 patients with a big warning sign that staff must be wearing proper PPE and no visitors are allowed. A 700 bed hospital (somehow with almost 800 patients) with a wing of Covid patients seems like a big deal to me.

Comment

• First, I hope you're ok!!!

But beyond that, while Covid is absolutely circulating heavily again, a quick glance at the census of one of the hospitals I work for shows it's pretty full (which is typical) and the covid ward is almost full (not typical). Average age is pretty old.

Otherwise, almost no one is immune naive anymore, so for most people Covid has moved into "bad cold season" territory.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Someone posted the anti-vaxxors blame of the vaccine for Hamlin's injury, and I just saw a U or Tubes video of that.

My reaction to that is, well, ok. If anti-vaxxors want to risk their lives, still, for invalid reasons- it's not really a risk to me or my family. Deaths have been pretty constant since about may, and the data I'm seeing is that non vaccinated are about 18x more likely to die.

I'm really sorry for those who can't, and I hope you can be super careful given that there's a non trivial number of people who insist that their opinion is equal to a 6 year doctor degree. It's kind of sad that over 100k Americans will die from COVID for the foreseeable future, with the highest risk being the deniers. But it is what it is.

Again, in the long run, the people who have been touting this for +2 years will be the ones who lose out at the ballot box. How they miss that is, well, I'm not sure.

Comment

• Darwin at work.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            First, I hope you're ok!!!

But beyond that, while Covid is absolutely circulating heavily again, a quick glance at the census of one of the hospitals I work for shows it's pretty full (which is typical) and the covid ward is almost full (not typical). Average age is pretty old.

Otherwise, almost no one is immune naive anymore, so for most people Covid has moved into "bad cold season" territory.
                            Looks like things might heat up a bit because the latest variant is uber infectious. It's the long covid stuff that scares me. This is hands down the best thing I have found to follow for info- sourced, to the point and current.
                            https://open.substack.com/pub/yourlo...m_medium=email

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately we're opening ILI clinics again and expanding our telehealth system again. Severity doesn't seem to be super bad but good lord is everyone catching this new subvariant.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Looks like things might heat up a bit because the latest variant is uber infectious. It's the long covid stuff that scares me. This is hands down the best thing I have found to follow for info- sourced, to the point and current.
                                https://open.substack.com/pub/yourlo...m_medium=email
                                Thank you for this. 8 months doesn't seem very long for hybrid immunity. :-(

Can you explain why they are called .5 and .1 infections? Are these like point versions in software?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X