Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    At this point the CDC is compromised beyond repair. This is supposed to be the institution that is supposed to assess medical evidence and give guidance based on medical facts. It still blows my mind they are giving guidance based on public ability to respond and economics.
    Clearly they are not economic geniuses because when people die, become disabled due to a disease, they do not help the economy. When their families have to adjust to meet their needs they also do not help the economy. When people miss work due to catching an illness that no one is doing jack squat to prevent this does not help the economy. But it is all over. No one is acknowledging the impact and this is leaving families hung out to dry.
    One more brick removed from what should be an effective government. All so that rich people can get more rich.

Comment

• It was very important to make sure there was no cap on wealth. The entire point of 99% of the human race's existence is to labor for the other 1%, after all.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        At this point the CDC is compromised beyond repair. This is supposed to be the institution that is supposed to assess medical evidence and give guidance based on medical facts. It still blows my mind they are giving guidance based on public ability to respond and economics.
        Clearly they are not economic geniuses because when people die, become disabled due to a disease, they do not help the economy. When their families have to adjust to meet their needs they also do not help the economy. When people miss work due to catching an illness that no one is doing jack squat to prevent this does not help the economy. But it is all over. No one is acknowledging the impact and this is leaving families hung out to dry.
        When a number of panelists for ACIP voted against recommending approving Covid boosters last year because not everyone had gotten the first two shots, I knew the organization needed a clean sweep.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

When a number of panelists for ACIP voted against recommending approving Covid boosters last year because not everyone had gotten the first two shots, I knew the organization needed a clean sweep.
          As a medical professional I often wonder how these people live with themselves. Where is the push to vaccinate, to respond to the mess? Nope We are supposed to ignore the enormous elephant in the room that will soon decide it wants to stand in the middle instead of in the corner. People are stupid and our culture is a bunch of spoiled brats but medical people have NO excuse stroking those who don't like reality.

Comment

• Hey, Remember The Quacks That Said HCQ and Ivermectin Helped With COVID...

When employees at leading COVID pseudoscience group America’s Frontline Doctors tried to log in to work last week, they found themselves locked out of their email accounts. The nonprofit quickly fell into factions, with employees holding rival Zoom meetings to plot who would take over the group.

The organization’s exiled founder, Dr. Simone Gold, tried unsuccessfully to gain access to a private Zoom call, only to find herself stuck in a waiting room. In internal emails, the group’s accountant worried about who could still access the $7 million locked in its bank accounts.

The war for the right’s most prominent COVID quack group—and the millions of dollars it has raised through relentless fundraising and prescriptions for bogus coronavirus cures—had begun.

For months, AFLDS has been split between its board and Gold, the group’s charismatic founder and convicted Capitol rioter, over an internal audit into Gold’s personal spending. That dispute spilled into the open on Nov. 5, when the board sued Gold to try and force her to stop representing the organization, in a lawsuit first reported by Vice News. Now the lawsuit’s outcome could determine the fate of the group driving much of the medical disinformation on the pro-Trump right.

AFLDS is tearing itself apart in a fight over what Gold’s rivals describe as her extravagant spending using the group’s funds. The alleged purchases include $100,000 on a single private jet trip and $50,000 a month in Gold’s personal expenses. Much of the controversy has centered on AFLDS’s purchase of a $3.6 million mansion in Naples, Florida., where Gold lives with her boyfriend: a much younger underwear model and fellow Capitol rioter.

Gold isn’t backing down, penning threatening emails to board members and describing herself, alternately, as a “popular folk hero,” a “rainmaker,” and an avenging “lioness.”
            The story is a friggin page turner!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              So a MAGA related *thing* was out there to raise money for themselves? Shocking, I say. Who would have thought.....

Comment

• Brutal flu season

https://twitter.com/dr_kkjetelina/st...loxCO9ivaAhTnA

Comment

• First winter with all restrictions lifted, big public events back on after hiatus, etc. so it's not surprising. Everyone is getting colds, too - I had one back at the end of October after my wife and I went to a big party downtown. Lots of people fully exposing themselves and their immune systems to the herd for the first time since this all started. Glad I got a flu shot this year.

Comment

• Ditto. Very glad I got my flu shot. and my Booster. And I love my mask. It is really nice to not have to wince when people are coughing up a lung- instead I can ignore those knuckledraggers who think they should cough, snort and sneeze without attempting to cover their mouth.

And I thank God daily I am not working at the office. Dealling with my older generation is enough.

Comment

• There have been so many people in my office seriously sick this week. Not sure exactly what they have but they sound horrible.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I get to travel to rural Missouri (80-20 Trump 2020 rural) week. So excited!
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I get to travel to rural Missouri (80-20 Trump 2020 rural) week. So excited!
                          Where in rural Mo?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Where in rural Mo?
                            Nevada
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nevada
                              Spent five years shortly after college in Joplin, which is at least in the Ozarks (and really enjoyed the whole experience, which was so odd and new to me--middle south/Okie/Ozark). Nevada (nevayda), though. Like most of Kansas.

Comment

• Yeah. I've been angling to get to the plant there for about six months but now's the right time with the end tire team going down. It's actually one of our larger facilities. Lotta money there. Tiny town.

not looking forward to 2025-2026. No extended stay hotels and I'll be spending 25%+ of my time down there.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X