Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm not mistaken, Covid remains the leading cause of death among the unvaccinated.

There's some truth to the "we need to learn to live with this". It's a ridiculous pill to have to swallow, but it is. Omicron Covid is as infectious as any disease we've ever discovered and, as with most other coronaviruses, it seems that the circulating neutralizing antibodies simply don't last long enough to be prophylactic for more than a handful of months. So yeah, we're all going to catch it at some point. Hopefully our acquired immunity fully renders it just another cold at some point, but until that time happens (if it happens), we're just going to have to deal with this.

This isn't a uniquely American problem, even if our "leader" at the start was aggressively stupid about it and absolutely encouraged other world leaders to do the same.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Other than those who have pre-existing conditions, or other health issues that would increase their risk of having a not-good outcome should they get Covid, I'm one of those who have no sympathy for those who get sick and die from it.

They know how to lessen their risk, increase their chance of it being nothing more than a bad cold. They choose not to. Oh well, tough ****. Sucks to be you. Hope those you left behind are happy.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-officials-say

Primary immunizations were associated with up to 680,000 fewer Covid hospitalizations and between 330,000 to 370,000 fewer related deaths among Medicare beneficiaries in 2021, according to research from the Department of Health and Human Services. Prevention of Covid hospitalizations was associated with savings of more than $16 billion in direct costs, the report found.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• So, its not only smart, its fiscally responsible.

Wonder why the party of personal responsibility, bootstraps, and cutting wasteful spending wouldn't be all for them then?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
            Sigh....

So a cruise channel I watch posted a video about an outbreak on a ship. And the excuses are out- this is now normal, we need to live with this, it's government control- resist, etc.

Since the testing is only finding it in crew, thankfully, they are all vaccinated. But ships are now allowing unvaccinated on board, and there is no testing. So there's a 100% chance that a passenger brought it on board and then spread it around the crew.

It's interesting that people continue to deny how bad COVID still is, being the 5th (currently) leading cause of death in the US. And the total lack of compassion for those who have gotten sick and die, to the point that people are STILL actively fighting properly dealing with this.... The real irony of the government control conspiracy is that it's the r's that desire to have more control over people- killing people they think are bad (either by cops or penalties), and controlling women pretending that life is the most important thing. I really don't get people.

At some point, someone who is unvaccinated will go on a ship get sick and die. It's going to happen- just the odds of who is going on and the lack of protections.

But we've gotten through it, and it's highly unlikely that we will get sick on our next cruise given the timing. If someone wants to risk their lives, I can't stop them. Sure sucks for the people who have to take care of them.
            I just got off a Disney Cruise to Bermuda. Bermuda was still making everyone get a test within 2 days of boarding, I believe they gave that up as of Monday. We got boosted a month before getting on board. What cruise line?
            Last edited by walrus; 10-08-2022, 03:48 PM.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I just got off a Disney Cruise to Bermuda. Bermuda was still making everyone get a test within 2 days of boarding, I believe they gave that up as of Monday. We got boosted a month before getting on board. What cruise line?
              Royal Caribbean- explorer of the seas out of Florida. The crew gets tested pretty often, but passengers will not divulge if they get sick, as they get to stay in their cabin.

This will happen again, and it will certainly will result in someone so sick, the ship can’t deal with it.

Oh, well, we will have fun and not care about others, since that is what they want.

Canada also removed restrictions, so it’s all up to the passengers.
              Last edited by MichVandal; 10-08-2022, 04:27 PM. Reason: N

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Royal Caribbean- explorer of the seas out of Florida. The crew gets tested pretty often, but passengers will not divulge if they get sick, as they get to stay in their cabin.

This will happen again, and it will certainly will result in someone so sick, the ship can’t deal with it.

Oh, well, we will have fun and not care about others, since that is what they want.

Canada also removed restrictions, so it’s all up to the passengers.
                Disney requires vaccine or testing before you can cruise at this point. Not sure what other cruise lines are doing.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Disney requires vaccine or testing before you can cruise at this point. Not sure what other cruise lines are doing.
                  Pretty much all cruises have opened up to all, and the unvaccinated just need to do a self test- which means it's not really a test.

Comment

• Nothing says "trust me" like a study with anonymous authors: https://twitter.com/kmpanthagani/sta...21562761465857

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Nothing says "trust me" like a study with anonymous authors: https://twitter.com/kmpanthagani/sta...21562761465857
                      More info:

The link to the analysis takes you here, not a published study, but a pdf of a word document: floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-content/upl…

A few notes off the bat:
                      1. this analysis is not published and is not peer reviewed.
                      I know I'm convinced!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Is this the same DPH that, in like mid 2021, told us all to get over Covid and we'd be fine?

Comment

• While it's not *really* news, but Congress has concluded that the dump admin interfered with CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report multiple times during the pandemic because the reports would have made the moron look bad https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health...id-panel-finds

These were purely science-fact papers, but given that the pandemic was turned very political- yea. I really wonder how many people died that could have been prevented because of that. Heck, I'm betting someone could trace that interference to the vaccine reaction- which we know the resistance to that has killed (and still kills) many people.

Going beyond the pandemic, this whole episode has really made one side question the CDC. Like the WHO, the CDC used to be just science doing their best to keep people healthy. Now that there's a portion of the world that have been convinced they are both wrong- there are going to be a lot of people who die from preventable reasons. Heck, in the near future, as the pandemic runs out- the number of people who develop co-morbidities just because is going to let COVID take more people than it should.

Good thing that so many of those right wingers are christian, right?

Comment

• The right wing complaint that Covid was so politicized really bugs me. The first people I heard making Covid in any way political were Republicans. "Just another attempt to make Trump look bad. Tyranny! Freedom!" Then they went and complained about the response to that nonsense.

The modern GQP way. Cause a problem, then ***** about it.

Comment

• Then ***** about the way Dems try to fix it.

Comment

• At this point the CDC is compromised beyond repair. This is supposed to be the institution that is supposed to assess medical evidence and give guidance based on medical facts. It still blows my mind they are giving guidance based on public ability to respond and economics.
                                Clearly they are not economic geniuses because when people die, become disabled due to a disease, they do not help the economy. When their families have to adjust to meet their needs they also do not help the economy. When people miss work due to catching an illness that no one is doing jack squat to prevent this does not help the economy. But it is all over. No one is acknowledging the impact and this is leaving families hung out to dry.

Comment

Working...
                                X