Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I am getting the newest booster Monday along with a Flu Shot. I almost never get the Flu Shot but my parents are dealing with The Flu right now and I want nothing to do with whatever they have.
    I got both the same day too. I had only signed up for the flu shot but they offered me the bivalent thing while I was there so I got both. Had a bit of a sore arm but nothing more.

i also mixed brands… my earlier shots had been Moderna but this time got Pfizer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

That is my understanding.

best bet is for someone to ask their PCP
      I think it should take more than that, as the conversation I had was with my PCP. Or at least a representative of him.

Not a bad thing to look into multiple sources.

And given I have 5 days of doing what I normally do being retired, I have the time to look into it.

BTW, for a laugh, one of us got it most likely on a cruise (the other has the rather obvious source).... from a passenger or a Canuck is the real question, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I thought the reason for the delay was because you'd already have some immunity from having had the disease, so by waiting you don't double it up with the vaccine immunity.
        That is the thinking. The underlying numbers are complex, but to keep it simple, let's say you get 3 months protection from infection, and 3 months protection from the vaccine. If there is crossover in those times, it is possible you may reduce the overall time of good protection. But, that is based on many assumptions and not controlled data.

In truth, it will probably take a few years for us to know the right answer. Getting vaccinated every 3 months to only protect from mild illness is not reasonable, but we may find we need more frequent than every 1-2 years to protect from serious illness.

If you are interested, Paul Offit probably has the best insight and practical advice with the current vaccinations.
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I think it should take more than that, as the conversation I had was with my PCP. Or at least a representative of him.

Not a bad thing to look into multiple sources.

And given I have 5 days of doing what I normally do being retired, I have the time to look into it.

BTW, for a laugh, one of us got it most likely on a cruise (the other has the rather obvious source).... from a passenger or a Canuck is the real question, though.
          I agree with you that most PCPs are not equipped to answer this questions, because the truth is we do not have a solid answer at this time. Most of my calls answering patient's questions on these topics usually contain the phrase, we are just not sure.

As I mentioned in another post, I find Paul Offit to be a very good expert source with fairly practical advice.

I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

I agree with you that most PCPs are not equipped to answer this questions, because the truth is we do not have a solid answer at this time. Most of my calls answering patient's questions on these topics usually contain the phrase, we are just not sure.

As I mentioned in another post, I find Paul Offit to be a very good expert source with fairly practical advice.
            Fair enough. I guess my larger point was that “what (insert any screen name) said on an internet message board” is not the right place to get an answer to this question.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Fair enough. I guess my larger point was that “what (insert any screen name) said on an internet message board” is not the right place to get an answer to this question.
              We certainly agree on that! : )

Comment

• Uff da!
                I had Flu vaccine and the magic Booster yesterday. Spent the entire night with shaking chills under 3 quilts, a blanket and my sherpa robe. Have felt like 5hit the entire day. Felt a little bad the first ones but nothing like this. Wondering if maybe I had an asx case and this is my body's way of saying heyah!

Meanwhile the CDC has completely sold out and is now saying healthcare facilities don't need to mask dependent on community numbers. What the actual ****? No one has any good community numbers. We all know they are inaccurate and completely undercounted.

The Orange Menace dismantled the CDC but I had thought the new Administration had appointed someone with integrity (she came from Boston Children's). All the nopes. I wouldn't trust the CDC recommendations on a bet and it is so disheartening.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Uff da!
                  I had Flu vaccine and the magic Booster yesterday. Spent the entire night with shaking chills under 3 quilts, a blanket and my sherpa robe. Have felt like 5hit the entire day. Felt a little bad the first ones but nothing like this. Wondering if maybe I had an asx case and this is my body's way of saying heyah!

Meanwhile the CDC has completely sold out and is now saying healthcare facilities don't need to mask dependent on community numbers. What the actual ****? No one has any good community numbers. We all know they are inaccurate and completely undercounted.

The Orange Menace dismantled the CDC but I had thought the new Administration had appointed someone with integrity (she came from Boston Children's). All the nopes. I wouldn't trust the CDC recommendations on a bet and it is so disheartening.
                  Walensky had a huge early victory when she overruled her idiot committee and it looked like she was going to begin getting the organization in some kind of shape and then... she... didn't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/24/w...-director.html
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Uff da!
                    I feel you, I just got done with a 36 hours of body aches and headaches from the bivalent booster. However, I have also had COVID, and even with both original doses and the first booster I still felt like I was being rolled in a cement mixed with rocks and rabid wolves with sharp elbows.

This is better.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So we figured out why no one was masking over here last week. They have had something like a 6 cases in the last month for the entirety of west Scotland.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        So we figured out why no one was masking over here last week. They have had something like a 6 cases in the last month for the entirety of west Scotland.
                        That's still 20% of the entire population.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          So we figured out why no one was masking over here last week. They have had something like a 6 cases in the last month for the entirety of west Scotland.
                          That could change. My MIL and her sisters are in Scotland this week. While I trust my MIL has been cautious, I've seen what her sister's kids post....and who knows what germs they have (and aunt K does much of the babysitting for the not the brightest child's kids).

Interestingly, I think they are taking the same route dx took....I know they had a layover in Amsterdam this morning before getting to Scotland.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Hey wT, MichVandal any of you other Michigan peeps - I am heading your way for the the BU games out there in a couple of weeks. Is positivity there still high? I am planning to be masked while there but wanted to check with the locals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's still 20% of the entire population.
                              Lol

but seriously. All of Argyle and Bute have had 0-3 cases for the last month. That's a population of 87,000+.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Hey wT, MichVandal any of you other Michigan peeps - I am heading your way for the the BU games out there in a couple of weeks. Is positivity there still high? I am planning to be masked while there but wanted to check with the locals.
                                Right now (10/3) we are medium. But it's been going back and forth to High for over a month. Speaking with people we know- anecdotally, it sure seems high.

BU may be our first game in years, as we may skip this weekend since it's less than 10 days from positive for me. And we will wear masks if we go. (FWIW, we didn't get it here, we got it *probably* in Canada on our cruise)

Comment

Working...
                                X