Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I just got back from a conference in The Land Where COVID Never Existed - Florida. About a week before the conference, the organization running the conference sent an email to everyone that you had to upload proof of vaccination through the Clear app or proof of a negative PCR test before even getting there and that everyone at the conference, especially the exhibit hall, should wear a KN95 mask and they would provide them if needed.

So I get there and go to register and not one member of the conference staff is wearing one. In fact probably only 10-15% of people in the exhibit hall were wearing one. I wore mine the entire time. Once the post conference survey comes out, I’m going to ask why they even bothered sending that email out if they weren’t going to enforce it. Or have their own people wear them.
    Corporate "CYA" crap. Also, I'm pretty sure Florida banned any vaccination requirements of any kind. Because that helped.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Corporate "CYA" crap. Also, I'm pretty sure Florida banned any vaccination requirements of any kind. Because that helped.
      True. None of the Convention Center staff were masked at all. And right on schedule, one person from our group of employees let us all know she tested positive this morning. I feel fine but did a test anyway, thankfully negative. I will test again tomorrow just because.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Getting my 3rd booster on Mon. Gf got hers on Fri; sore arm, extremely tired, but just a little soreness today. Waiting for the subway Fri a guy walks by and asks how come your wearing a mask. I said 'cause your not.
        Got the booster; started feeling tired so I nodded off in the recliner for a half hour and felt fine. Arm sore today but nothing to complain about.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• As of now, I have to wait 5 weeks to get the booster. Dang it- we blame dumpy.

Not to bad so far, will call in later to see if doctor wants to give me the drug or not.

It was inevitable, but thank God for the vaccine and the boosters. Especially when you look at the data that COVID continues to be so deadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
            As of now, I have to wait 5 weeks to get the booster. Dang it- we blame dumpy.

Not to bad so far, will call in later to see if doctor wants to give me the drug or not.

It was inevitable, but thank God for the vaccine and the boosters. Especially when you look at the data that COVID continues to be so deadly.
            feel better! Since I had it a few weeks ago I'm waiting the recommended 90 days on the booster, and will plan to get it around New Year.

Comment

• I got the third booster, had no effects after, barely felt it. I actually am feeling nervous as to whether I literally got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

feel better! Since I had it a few weeks ago I'm waiting the recommended 90 days on the booster, and will plan to get it around New Year.
                90 days is quite a bit longer than the 30 the nurse told us, interesting.

Comment

• I am getting the newest booster Monday along with a Flu Shot. I almost never get the Flu Shot but my parents are dealing with The Flu right now and I want nothing to do with whatever they have.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I got the third booster, had no effects after, barely felt it. I actually am feeling nervous as to whether I literally got it.
                    I had no reaction also

Comment

I believe general CDC guidelines are 90 days post infection. I think the justification is to space out your neutralizing antibody levels and maintain a higher level of protection over a longer period.

As always, I'm not a doctor and you should consult yours for specifics.

Comment

I do not believe that is a firm number, more of a recommendation. Meaning you could get it earlier, but it may not provide the same protection (as Swansong discussed).
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I am getting the newest booster Monday along with a Flu Shot. I almost never get the Flu Shot but my parents are dealing with The Flu right now and I want nothing to do with whatever they have.
                          You'll be fine. I did flu in right, covid in left. They said covid would hurt more, but flu shot was more sore in the right arm.

Minor headache that night, fine the next day. Good luck.

Comment

• Appreciate the insights to the wait. Will have to look deeper into that.

I kinda think we will shoot for mid Nov at least, though- considering some travel coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

I do not believe that is a firm number, more of a recommendation. Meaning you could get it earlier, but it may not provide the same protection (as Swansong discussed).
                              I thought the reason for the delay was because you'd already have some immunity from having had the disease, so by waiting you don't double it up with the vaccine immunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I thought the reason for the delay was because you'd already have some immunity from having had the disease, so by waiting you don't double it up with the vaccine immunity.
                                That is my understanding.

best bet is for someone to ask their PCP

Comment

Working...
                                X