Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Moderna bivalent and a flu shot a couple hours ago. Told my fiance to get hers soon as well. Figured it was a good idea before the wedding next month and what I am calling a "mini-moon" - a week in St. Simons Island and Savannah as we plan and prepare for some more ambitious trips over the next year. I know we will have a few unjabbed in attendance for our outdoor wedding & reception (a couple for legit reasons and a couple by choice), and while I loved my last trip to Savannah I'm sure we'll be bathing in woo woo and derp in coastal Georgia.

Comment

• I think this was the first jab where I felt off the next day, beyond just the usual upper arm soreness. Malaise, lack of much appetite, a bit of nausea & headache. In fact, it reminded me of having the mild case of COVID that I had back in late Jan / early Feb.

Comment

• I'm about 95% recovered, just some lingering lung tightness and the resulting cough, but my god I get winded and breathless from almost anything.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          I'm about 95% recovered, just some lingering lung tightness and the resulting cough, but my god I get winded and breathless from almost anything.
          I hope it goes away quickly for you, I dealt with that for months.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I got EB back in 2019, let me tell you, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Liver numbers were shot, my spleen was swollen to the size of my liver, I turned yellow, I couldn't sleep because my liver enzymes were causing my entire body to itch from the inside, even though I was constantly exhausted. I lost almost 15 lbs because I couldn't eat. It's a ****ing nightmare as an adult.
            In tragic news, a 12 year old in my neighborhood apparently got EB virus and it triggered guillen barre. They apparently have a lot of permanent nerve damage and may not be able to walk again.

this is why I was so freaked when ER docs thought I might have had GB when I first had Covid

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I hope it goes away quickly for you, I dealt with that for months.
              Seconded on both accounts.

ETA: And my sense of smell is still about 30%.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Tested negative this morning, its either Covid or a cold. Sore throat, not awful but doesn't feel normal, little cough, runny nose. Will test again tomorrow. Got boosted a few weeks ago.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• The perfect example of the morons we are dealing with:

https://twitter.com/davramdavram/sta...60514286764033
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Washington was wrong, we survived faction. What we may not survive is the non-overlapping division of the political parties by intelligence.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Tested negative this morning, its either Covid or a cold. Sore throat, not awful but doesn't feel normal, little cough, runny nose. Will test again tomorrow. Got boosted a few weeks ago.
                      Good luck to you. Even the watered down version of Covid I as tripe vaxed was unpleasant, though luckily with no persistence.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Got my flu shot yesterday and they offered me the Covid bivalent thing too, so I got it. Sore shoulder but no other negative response so far.

Comment

• I just got back from a conference in The Land Where COVID Never Existed - Florida. About a week before the conference, the organization running the conference sent an email to everyone that you had to upload proof of vaccination through the Clear app or proof of a negative PCR test before even getting there and that everyone at the conference, especially the exhibit hall, should wear a KN95 mask and they would provide them if needed.

So I get there and go to register and not one member of the conference staff is wearing one. In fact probably only 10-15% of people in the exhibit hall were wearing one. I wore mine the entire time. Once the post conference survey comes out, I’m going to ask why they even bothered sending that email out if they weren’t going to enforce it. Or have their own people wear them.

Comment

• Almost no one in Europe* is wearing one. Maybe 15%.

*sampling of those who went through customs and the various languages I overheard :-P

but really just Scotland and Amsterdam
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Getting my 3rd booster on Mon. Gf got hers on Fri; sore arm, extremely tired, but just a little soreness today. Waiting for the subway Fri a guy walks by and asks how come your wearing a mask. I said 'cause your not.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Dr. Mrs got hers and it knocked her on her a-ss.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X