Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad-pfizered
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Anyone die from the 'rona today?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Anyone die from the 'rona today?
        **Looks towards England**
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Wow. Another one of us avoiders has gotten it. I was ****ed when I got it last month. Appears it is just so contagious at this point it's like trying to avoid the common cold.
          It seems that at some point everyone is going to get it… unless somehow someone is totally immune.

i do have a friend (who is vaccinated / boosted and is on the more cautious side of things) that has had it in his house three times now - his wife twice and two kids a separate time, but somehow, inexplicably, he has never caught it… so Amy e there are some who are just totally immune to it. Who knows.

Comment

• the 1-2 punch of covid plus the beginning of fall allergies is pretty ****ty. I can't stop sneezing and my covid-brough-on cough is quite productive. Blech.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Oof. Kinda sore all over today, foggy, and headachy. About the same as the last two shots. Nowhere near the acute arm pain of the first though.

go body, go!
              **** me. It got worse. bad body aches. Chills and fever. Had to take a half day at work for the first time since at least 2019. In and out of sleep this afternoon. I haven't been this miserable in a long time.

still worth it.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

**** me. It got worse. bad body aches. Chills and fever. Had to take a half day at work for the first time since at least 2019. In and out of sleep this afternoon. I haven't been this miserable in a long time.

still worth it.
                Sorry man. Also, still better than getting covid.

I had to stop working early yesterday. This brain fog is no joke. I'm forgetting... uh... words... and junk. Right now it's settled into my lungs and I have that Barry White voice thing. Usually, for me with other bugs, it means I'm almost through it so hopefully that's the case here.

Of course, my girlfriend is now sick. Negative test yesterday but symptoms worsened so she'll retest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Well, maybe, maybe not. I know that is ironic - and still a good idea to get vaccinated to help prevent the worst possible outcomes, but I know a lot more people whose infection with Covid was nowhere near the description of "haven't been this miserable in a long time".

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Well, maybe, maybe not. I know that is ironic - and still a good idea to get vaccinated to help prevent the worst possible outcomes, but I know a lot more people whose infection with Covid was nowhere near the description of "haven't been this miserable in a long time".
                    Keep in mind, I haven't had so much as a cold in 3+ years. So miserable is a relative term. And I'm feeling like a million bucks today.

swan is right. 100% worth a half day of being miserable so I don't have to have multiple days of much worse symptoms.
                    Code:

Comment

I had to stop working early yesterday. This brain fog is no joke. I'm forgetting... uh... words... and junk. Right now it's settled into my lungs and I have that Barry White voice thing. Usually, for me with other bugs, it means I'm almost through it so hopefully that's the case here.

Of course, my girlfriend is now sick. Negative test yesterday but symptoms worsened so she'll retest.
                      Sorry to hear that as well. Between you, state, and others, it sounds like omicron is stil beyond miserable and I'm hoping you and your gf get better soon
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Well, all infections are not equal. One of the big arguments that vaccine-born immunity is superior to infection-born immunity (aside from, you know, not being ****ing sick) is that the amount of foreign body introduced is consistent relative to an infection. The people you're referring to may have had minimal exposure and thus very minor infections which typically result in relatively low immunity.

Plus, there's no instance of "long covid-like response" from vaccinations.

Comment

Well, all infections are not equal. One of the big arguments that vaccine-born immunity is superior to infection-born immunity (aside from, you know, not being ****ing sick) is that the amount of foreign body introduced is consistent relative to an infection. The people you're referring to may have had minimal exposure and thus very minor infections which typically result in relatively low immunity.

Plus, there's no instance of "long covid-like response" from vaccinations.
                          And the more we learn about viral infections the worse they appear. Epstein-Barr, for example, is now being tied to cancers and I believe MS.
                          Code:

Comment

• I'm trying to schedule my booster but all the CVS' near me only have the Moderna vaccine. What a pain!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I'm trying to schedule my booster but all the CVS' near me only have the Moderna vaccine. What a pain!
                              I could have sworn you had COVID a month or two ago. Am I misremembering that? Anyways, they're recommending you not get the booster (some immunologists are suggesting it could actually perform worse with recent infections) for several months after COVID. SOmeone who's been infected already has very good immunity for several months after infection. Anyways, sorry to butt in.

Also, try Walgreens. They were the only Pfizer in my area.
                              Code:

Comment

I could have sworn you had COVID a month or two ago. Am I misremembering that? Anyways, they're recommending you not get the booster (some immunologists are suggesting it could actually perform worse with recent infections) for several months after COVID. SOmeone who's been infected already has very good immunity for several months after infection. Anyways, sorry to butt in.

Also, try Walgreens. They were the only Pfizer in my area.
                                Yeah my niece and SIL had it, then my brother. I did not have it. I was on the MA Vaxfinder site and they didn't list any Walgreens, which is odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X