Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    papa in law les was admitted to hospital and found to have Covid incidentally. Learning experience. No need to notify contacts. mr les was in car with him for a long time, unmasked. So with exposure you might want to be careful until you know if you got it, right? Nope. Oh, no big deal. No need to be careful. Only test if you have sx. Lots of people are getting it and are asymptomatic.

papa in law is getting discharged today- no follow up testing, no instructions on how to keep those in his home safe, nothing. He lives with an at risk, unvaccinated older person. WT F

I feel like I am living in an alternate universe. No one cares if there might be an at risk person in the home? No one cares you are sending a vector into the community with people who are at risk?

So on the one hand reading all sorts of stuff about the long term effects of Covid on brain, reinfection of covid has potential for significant irreversible consequences, long covid may affect 1:5 people and other little tidbits saying we really should be paying attention to this stuff. But the CDC seems to care only if the economy is good and if you land in the ICU or a coffin. The messaging from CDC sucks and my trained in Public Health self is feeling gaslighted- I know bad things are there but NO THEY AREN'T! We are FINE
    This is 6 months old at this point but...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IggRHgrIXeg

Hey, We beat it, if it was ever even a thing, right?
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This is 6 months old at this point but...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IggRHgrIXeg

Hey, We beat it, if it was ever even a thing, right?
      I keep waiting for all the people I know who died to pop out of the ground and say only kidding!! because they can't die from an imaginary disease

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

I keep waiting for all the people I know who died to pop out of the ground and say only kidding!! because they can't die from an imaginary disease
        Clearly it's all a false flag, or people that were going to die anyway and "they" just lied about the cause.

Comment

• Completely anecdotal but since I have now had my bout with the virus I figure I can pipe in.

My bout was pretty mild. A co-workers bout with the virus around the same time was horrid and with 104 degree temperature. I never even took my temperature cause I never felt that hot.

The delta between my co-worker and me? I'm vaccinated.

It was pretty disappointing to me that I finally tested positive. However, now that I have had it I am convinced I had it in March of 2020 as well, back before we were testing or keeping track or even knew about it cause the Orange ****wop kept it a secret. So, I've had it twice.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I’m still rather amazed by some of the excuses that I see for unvaccinated on the cruise board. Especially missing the entire point of what the vaccine is supposed to do.

At this point, for the unvaxxord, COVID is still one of the leading causes of death in the US, but never mind that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
              for the unvaxxord, COVID is still one of the leading causes of death in the US
              Good.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah...I am all for letting Darwin take the wheel at this point.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                  I’m still rather amazed by some of the excuses that I see for unvaccinated on the cruise board. Especially missing the entire point of what the vaccine is supposed to do.

At this point, for the unvaxxord, COVID is still one of the leading causes of death in the US, but never mind that.
                  I think Disney is the only cruise line left requiring vax
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I think Disney is the only cruise line left requiring vax
                    Thing is, destinations still require it. Kind of an easy out for the ships.

Still, the ships can’t take care of anyone who is serious- so when that happens, it will be interesting.

Comment

• Most countries won't let anyone disembark unless all passengers comply with vaccination requirements as well.

Comment

Most countries won't let anyone disembark unless all passengers comply with vaccination requirements as well.
                        Define most. A quick google search shows England, Spain, Portugal, Greece, France, Italy, Sweden, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Costa Rica, Denmark, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Mexcio, Switzerland, Czech Repub, and several other smaller countries have all fully removed entry requirements.

Pretty much just Canada, China, New Zealand, and a few others that require a vaccine.

Edit: Cool tool from Kayak
                        https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions?

According to Kayak, there's like a dozen countries that are open to vaccinated travelers but closed to unvaccinated.

Edit 2: This is surprising to me as well. I figured it was just countries with a sizable knuckledragging population like the US, England, etc.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-10-2022, 10:07 AM.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Interesting. When I said "most" I was thinking the Caribbean countries, where most US-based cruisers go. When I was researching this prior to Covid, the cruise companies were mostly informing passengers that "this cruise requires these, that cruise requires those" etc.

Comment

Interesting. When I said "most" I was thinking the Caribbean countries, where most US-based cruisers go. When I was researching this prior to Covid, the cruise companies were mostly informing passengers that "this cruise requires these, that cruise requires those" etc.
                            Don’t underestimate the Swiss cruise market!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Don’t underestimate the Swiss cruise market!
                              Totally off topic but listening to the Beeb about the drought in Europe- the Loire riverbed is dry in some places. Other rivers are having sig less water. I wondered about how they were going to deal with river cruises.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Darn. I can't get into Yemen...
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X