Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleah. Symptoms Tuesday evening, positive PCR results today. I've had many colds that were worse than this - thank you Pfizer!

Mostly I'm just annoyed that tomorrow is our normal off-Friday (9/80 schedule) and then Monday is Memorial Day, so per our return-to-work protocols, I'm only getting a lousy 2 days off from work and I have to isolate from my family over the holiday weekend.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• So, while I am doing my best and being careful, I have a family birthday party on Saturday, June 4 and then I fly to Colorado on Sunday, June 5 for work. My fear is if someone at the family birthday party is positive and I catch it and get sick while in Colorado. I'm bringing home tests with me and I'm going to wear a mask at the birthday party to be safe. But will I get stuck in Colorado if I test positive while out there? And how does that happen? I would imagine I could stay in the room. Assuming I would have to get room service to eat? Gah! It's going to stress me out till I get home.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Bleah. Symptoms Tuesday evening, positive PCR results today. I've had many colds that were worse than this - thank you Pfizer!

Mostly I'm just annoyed that tomorrow is our normal off-Friday (9/80 schedule) and then Monday is Memorial Day, so per our return-to-work protocols, I'm only getting a lousy 2 days off from work and I have to isolate from my family over the holiday weekend.
        Ugh that blows.

My wife was potentially exposed at work. If I have to get COVID, parlaying a three-day weekend into several more days off ain't bad.

I just don't want to get it at all. I am usually bed-ridden for a couple days from a cold because of my asthma. Not really looking forward to a covid cold.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          So, while I am doing my best and being careful, I have a family birthday party on Saturday, June 4 and then I fly to Colorado on Sunday, June 5 for work. My fear is if someone at the family birthday party is positive and I catch it and get sick while in Colorado. I'm bringing home tests with me and I'm going to wear a mask at the birthday party to be safe. But will I get stuck in Colorado if I test positive while out there? And how does that happen? I would imagine I could stay in the room. Assuming I would have to get room service to eat? Gah! It's going to stress me out till I get home.
          There's always that risk. BUt yeah, you'd have to extend your stay at the hotel I assume. We've thought about that for upcoming travel later thisyear. No good solutions.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Ugh that blows.

My wife was potentially exposed at work. If I have to get COVID, parlaying a three-day weekend into several more days off ain't bad.

I just don't want to get it at all. I am usually bed-ridden for a couple days from a cold because of my asthma. Not really looking forward to a covid cold.
            Mine wasn't horrible. Just felt like **** all week, tired, head full of cotton, so standing up was sometimes an adventure. Just felt better laying down. Exhausted just climbing the stairs. Bit of sinus pressure/headache the second day, but that's when I started bingeing the cold meds.

Slept 11-12 hours a night, and dozing off and on on the couch all day. Cleared to go back to work Tuesday, despite still testing positive Monday. Work has sucked, tired, bit of a headache, and head still a bit congested leading to, not dizziness per se, but a little vertigo at times, which leads to feeling a bit queasy. Getting a bit better as the week goes on, but just don't want to be at work.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• This was extremely obvious from the onset.

"COVID vaccines may impair long-term immunity to the virus"

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/n...=1653489866521

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...2271936v1.full

Comment

• When my gf got it she had basically a sinus infection so she wasn't too bad off. Thank you Pfizer!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Mine wasn't horrible. Just felt like **** all week, tired, head full of cotton, so standing up was sometimes an adventure. Just felt better laying down. Exhausted just climbing the stairs. Bit of sinus pressure/headache the second day, but that's when I started bingeing the cold meds.

Slept 11-12 hours a night, and dozing off and on on the couch all day. Cleared to go back to work Tuesday, despite still testing positive Monday. Work has sucked, tired, bit of a headache, and head still a bit congested leading to, not dizziness per se, but a little vertigo at times, which leads to feeling a bit queasy. Getting a bit better as the week goes on, but just don't want to be at work.
                  I mean, that sounds kind of horrible :-/
                  Code:

Comment

I mean, that sounds kind of horrible :-/
                    Would have been way worse if I wasn't vaccinated. This was pretty much how I get when I get a cold.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• When I had it last Fall with no quackccine my symptom was fatigue.

Thanks to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and immune system.

Comment

• Covid comes to town.

Dr. Mrs. tested positive.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Would have been way worse if I wasn't vaccinated. This was pretty much how I get when I get a cold.
                          Ouch man. I should stop complaining. Mine are bad, but not that bad. I'm jealous of my wife. Who I've literally never seen sick. Ever. Not even a cold. I don't know how she does it working around kids so much.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Covid comes to town.

Dr. Mrs. tested positive.
                            Rut roh. Hope she feels better and you don't get it!
                            Code:

Comment

Ouch man. I should stop complaining. Mine are bad, but not that bad. I'm jealous of my wife. Who I've literally never seen sick. Ever. Not even a cold. I don't know how she does it working around kids so much.
                              I've seen this one. Your wife is a robot.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working around kids is exactly the best way to boost your immune system. 6 weeks in a pre-K daycare, and monkeypox gets YOU!
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X