Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

There have been a number of competing and contradictory studies on this (what is the latent severity of Omicron vs. Delta). I think, as Drew notes, the decoupling of severity from case rates is likely a function of earned immunity through immunization, infection or both.

Delta hit when we still had a sizeable amount of people without any immunity. Omicron hit when that was no longer the case.
    Still, I saw something last week, I forget where, probably Eschaton, that said for like last month or whenever, 40% of the Covid deaths were among the vaccinated.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ds-2022-05-05/

This is interesting. Large study out of MA says Omicron is just as severe as other variants. But I just don't think that passes the smell test. Right?
      The difference could be vax rates.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Still, I saw something last week, I forget where, probably Eschaton, that said for like last month or whenever, 40% of the Covid deaths were among the vaccinated.
        I would assume they had some sort of pre-existing condition like my vaxxed buddy who died.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Base rate bias
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The difference could be vax rates.
            That's what I figured.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I think the big cause for that "40% [if that's the correct number] of deaths are among the vaccinated" thing is a simple math problem ( (c) scooby). Most people that are at high risk of death from covid are vaccinated, so looking at it this way is a bit of a Simpson's Paradox.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                I think the big cause for that "40% [if that's the correct number] of deaths are among the vaccinated" thing is a simple math problem ( (c) scooby). Most people that are at high risk of death from covid are vaccinated, so looking at it this way is a bit of a Simpson's Paradox.
                This country has failed math. We don't understand it, we can't do it, and we don't get it. 1 million dead. Does it attack the vulnerable i.e. natural selection? Yes. We were supposed to be better than that. We are not.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• My younger niece has COVID, as do her two roommates. One of which was supposed to attend her graduation ceremony yesterday but couldn't. She's doing OK for now, worried a little about the older niece as the two of them were together at the Red Sox game on Wednesday. She's been testing negative but came down with conjunctivitis yesterday. Hopefully not related but she may go get a PCR test today. Ugh. I hate this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    My younger niece has COVID, as do her two roommates. One of which was supposed to attend her graduation ceremony yesterday but couldn't. She's doing OK for now, worried a little about the older niece as the two of them were together at the Red Sox game on Wednesday. She's been testing negative but came down with conjunctivitis yesterday. Hopefully not related but she may go get a PCR test today. Ugh. I hate this.
                    It sucks. Absolutely sucks.

My dad caught covid about 10 days ago now (vaccinated, boosted). mAb treatment. 99% recovered, but still positive on rapid tests.

And he's scheduled to go to Israel on Wednesday.

Fortunately, Israel (and much of Europe) accepts "recovery notes" from doctors in lieu of negative tests, but jesus this one cut close.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This country has failed math. We don't understand it, we can't do it, and we don't get it. 1 million dead. Does it attack the vulnerable i.e. natural selection? Yes. We were supposed to be better than that. We are not.
                      In the end Scooby, Mother Nature always wins.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yes, she does. I used to believe in Engineering and Science to mitigate her control. I no longer believe.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Don't gotta be a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yes, she does. I used to believe in Engineering and Science to mitigate her control. I no longer believe.
                            Oh I still do...but no matter what The Earth has the final say. It gets used a lot by me but this is the truth:

The planet is fine, the people are ****ed!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I work for Engineers. I see what's going on. I no longer believe.

Comment

• North Korea just admitted to their first COVID case.

I assume that means at least a million unreported deaths.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X