Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m in to see the doc as another follow up from my COVID that started in early February. A guy came into the building after me, ended up taking to the same check-in lady I saw - my waiting area bench was pretty close.
    Guy: I’m here to see Dr. (Name), I’m on time - early, in fact, and here is my ID, insurance, (and so on).
    Desk Lady (DL): can I have your name, please?
    Guy: It’s on the card I just gave you.
    DL: Have you experienced any COVID symptoms lately.
    Guy: I don’t know what that is.
    DL: Have you had any of these symptoms lately?
    Guy then refuses to read the list.
    DL: Have you been exposed to any I’ll people lately (she normally references COVID).
    Guy: They didn’t tell me.

These poor desk workers have to deal with this junk nearly daily, I bet.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I’m in to see the doc as another follow up from my COVID that started in early February. A guy came into the building after me, ended up taking to the same check-in lady I saw - my waiting area bench was pretty close.
      Guy: I’m here to see Dr. (Name), I’m on time - early, in fact, and here is my ID, insurance, (and so on).
      DL: Have you been exposed to any I’ll people lately (she normally references COVID).

Public-facing jobs have to deal with Republicans. I have great sympathy for them. I have enough trouble with the few of them who have jobs, meaning they are at least semi-competent and not entirely consumed by The Cult. The bulk mass worthless ones must be torture to have to walk through even the simplest tasks without provoking their stupidity or violence.

It's dementia care crossed with animal control.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-06-2022, 11:52 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I’m in to see the doc as another follow up from my COVID that started in early February. A guy came into the building after me, ended up taking to the same check-in lady I saw - my waiting area bench was pretty close.

Every day. Either people being purposefully obtuse or just frighteningly stupid.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Positivity rate in MA now over 6%. Swansong - what was it when Omicron was at its highest over the winter?
          to add to previous answer, this is from elsewhere on the web:

It is not quite the same as past surges. Case growth (in MA) over the past 7 weeks: 24%, 29%, 22%, 35%, 25%, 12%, 19%.

Compare that to first omicron wave: 28%, 44%, 109%, 29%

Or to delta: 15%, 104%, 107%, 74%, 54%, 32%, 12%, 9%, 22%

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Well into the 20's at its peak.

Due to home testing, I think Wastewater data, combined with hospitalizations, is a better indicator of the problem we face than case numbers or even positivity rate.

edit: for those outside of MA, Covidpoops is a great twitter amalgamator.
            "When I was sick with Covid, I had the Covidpoops real bad."
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Fart jokes are always funny.

Comment

• Just got an email from our corporate security that our home office, where I work, is now considered "high risk", that we need to wear masks in the office (which I was already doing), that we can't have more than 50% people working in the building (employees have to register for a seat - we put flex space into effect prior to COVID so this is not new , but that's how they will track it) health screening is required (but it's just a bunch of questions). We can get free masks and home tests, which I think is great. I will stock up. I do have to go in next week to take care of a few things. But not many more times after that I'm telling you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

"Covidpoops" is an act that earns Jeb's mom an extra quarter.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Just got an email from our corporate security that our home office, where I work, is now considered "high risk", that we need to wear masks in the office (which I was already doing), that we can't have more than 50% people working in the building (employees have to register for a seat - we put flex space into effect prior to COVID so this is not new , but that's how they will track it) health screening is required (but it's just a bunch of questions). We can get free masks and home tests, which I think is great. I will stock up. I do have to go in next week to take care of a few things. But not many more times after that I'm telling you.
                      wow, that's surprising. Good, I think, but surprising. It measn that your corp was scared enough to act. Usually you have to put a gun to their head to do this, but...
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ds-2022-05-05/

This is interesting. Large study out of MA says Omicron is just as severe as other variants. But I just don't think that passes the smell test. RIght?
                        The hospitalization rate was completely decoupled from the case rate. It seems as if the difference here is they tried to compare among vaccination status. Hard to know what to make of this.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ds-2022-05-05/

This is interesting. Large study out of MA says Omicron is just as severe as other variants. But I just don't think that passes the smell test. RIght?
                          The hospitalization rate was completely decoupled from the case rate. It seems as if the difference here is they tried to compare among vaccination status. Hard to know what to make of this.
                          Seems pretty straightforward trying to continue pushing the quackcine.

Comment

All the people who died of Covid prior to Omicron couldn’t be hospitalized and/or die again.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There have been a number of competing and contradictory studies on this (what is the latent severity of Omicron vs. Delta). I think, as Drew notes, the decoupling of severity from case rates is likely a function of earned immunity through immunization, infection or both.

Delta hit when we still had a sizeable amount of people without any immunity. Omicron hit when that was no longer the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

There have been a number of competing and contradictory studies on this (what is the latent severity of Omicron vs. Delta). I think, as Drew notes, the decoupling of severity from case rates is likely a function of earned immunity through immunization, infection or both.

Delta hit when we still had a sizeable amount of people without any immunity. Omicron hit when that was no longer the case.
                                Right, i get that. I actually had a question in my original reply I deleted asking about comparing strains being a fool's errand because there are so few immunonaive people left.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X