Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    As I mentioned above, I was exposed on Thursday night - hugged a cousin who found out she was positive on Saturday night. I've taken a home test Sunday, Monday and today. All negative. I think I should be in the clear, don't you think? Or should I test a couple more days? Or get tested with a PCR test? I have no symptoms.
    If that were me, I would not be thinking about it anymore…. But I also understand everyone has varying risk tolerances so you should go with what your comfort level tells you.

Comment

• More than 3,300 cases reported yesterday in MA and a positivity rate over 5%. SO glad mask mandates have gone away. /sarcasm

Comment

More than 3,300 cases reported yesterday in MA and a positivity rate over 5%. SO glad mask mandates have gone away. /sarcasm
        yup
        Michigan new cases were trending down but are once again on the rise
        week of 3/21 5,000
        3/28 4,200
        4/4 8,393
        4/11 13,500
        This week 14,000

But everyone keeps saying all the precautions we used to take weren't effective
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• There is a bump is respiratory illness every spring after the plummet from winter. Then it will stay low all summer and increase in the fall.

Look it up, Like clockwork you clowns.

Comment

• It's amusing to see the denial on the cruise board. Some think that the pandemic is still going on just because we are testing. They are denying that people are still going to hospitals and are still dying.

Maybe they are desperate to cruise w/o a vaccine. But the cruise lines have made it VERY clear that 1) they can't take care of people who really get sick with COVID, and 2) requiring vaccines and tests reduces their exposure to problems. So far, out of ALL of the people who have gone on cruises, a handful of people have needed hospitalizations, and the (sorry that it happened) people who unfortunately passed- that was prior to all of the current requirements.

This is still dangerous, and just ignoring it won't make it go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
              It's amusing to see the denial on the cruise board. Some think that the pandemic is still going on just because we are testing. They are denying that people are still going to hospitals and are still dying.

Maybe they are desperate to cruise w/o a vaccine. But the cruise lines have made it VERY clear that 1) they can't take care of people who really get sick with COVID, and 2) requiring vaccines and tests reduces their exposure to problems. So far, out of ALL of the people who have gone on cruises, a handful of people have needed hospitalizations, and the (sorry that it happened) people who unfortunately passed- that was prior to all of the current requirements.

This is still dangerous, and just ignoring it won't make it go away.
              Dangerous compared to what?

What is the danger now compared to a different time (you choose).

Are you able to articulate anything in regards to risk? Everything you mentioned above is completely nonsensical.

Comment

More than 3,300 cases reported yesterday in MA and a positivity rate over 5%. SO glad mask mandates have gone away. /sarcasm
                The positive rate is concerning, but hospitalizations are not up substantially (431 vs the March-ish low of mid-200s). Deaths, always a very lagging indicator, are way down. We're far enough into this BA.2.xxx wave that hospitalizations have caught up with cases (and deaths will in another week or two).

What this tells me is that the pandemic isn't over. Covid is still a problem. However, for those of us otherwise healthy as well as vaccinated/boosted, Covid is an annoyance. If you're immunocompromised or live with people who are (or the other co-morbidities), then mask up with a good mask when you go out. But for most of us? Covid has finally become the analog to a nasty flu year.

Also, wastewater data here has turned over, so cases should - hopefully - come down with them. With the widespread availability of home tests (that aren't figured into state reporting at all), the wastewater data is likely a better indicator of spread than raw test results.

6 months ago if you had the sniffles you'd need to go get tested at a professional healthcare center, which would be reported to the DPH. Now? Nope. Positive or negative, you buy it at CVS and take it at home. A friend of mine has a rotten chest cold right now, and has 4 negative home tests. 6 months ago those negative tests would have factored into the positivity rate. Now? Nope.
                Last edited by Swansong; 04-29-2022, 10:14 AM.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The positive rate is concerning, but hospitalizations are not up substantially (431 vs the March-ish low of mid-200s). Deaths, always a very lagging indicator, are way down. We're far enough into this BA.2.xxx wave that hospitalizations have caught up with cases (and deaths will in another week or two).

What this tells me is that the pandemic isn't over. Covid is still a problem. However, for those of us otherwise healthy as well as vaccinated/boosted, Covid is an annoyance. If you're immunocompromised or live with people who are (or the other co-morbidities), then mask up with a good mask when you go out. But for most of us? Covid has finally become the analog to a nasty flu year.

Also, wastewater data here has turned over, so cases should - hopefully - come down with them. With the widespread availability of home tests (that aren't figured into state reporting at all), the wastewater data is likely a better indicator of spread than raw test results.

6 months ago if you had the sniffles you'd need to go get tested at a professional healthcare center, which would be reported to the DPH. Now? Nope. Positive or negative, you buy it at CVS and take it at home. A friend of mine has a rotten chest cold right now, and has 4 negative home tests. 6 months ago those negative tests would have factored into the positivity rate. Now? Nope.
                  100% hope your observation trends keep going. That would be amazing. Have to spare a thought to our fellow Americans who lost their lives over this.

Comment

• BA 4 wave raging through South Africa right now.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      BA 4 wave raging through South Africa right now.
                      Oh boy.

Sounds like you should continue grossly mis calculating risk, continue living in a state of phychosis and hunker down.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        BA 4 wave raging through South Africa right now.
                        Yeah, not ideal. But their vaccination rate is meaningfully lower than ours, and they also use vaccines that are less effective than what we have here.

In the US, our biggest headache is the FDA's outrageous slow-walking of the ages 2-5 approvals.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Yeah, not ideal. But their vaccination rate is meaningfully lower than ours, and they also use vaccines that are less effective than what we have here.

In the US, our biggest headache is the FDA's outrageous slow-walking of the ages 2-5 approvals.
                          Only 93 million got the booster out of approx. 350 million people and for many of those people that was many months ago. And that number will plummet dramatically for the next booster as most will not be getting a 4th shot.

We know the shot provides a small window of efficacy.

There will always be variants with coronaviruses.

Comment

• Israeli 16-39 yos: weekly emergency call counts for cardiac arrest & acute coronary syndromes were significantly associated with the rates of 1st & 2nd covid-19 vaccine doses administered to this age group but were NOT with COVID-19 infection rates.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-10928-z

Comment

• What's going on with the <5 vax should be investigated by Congress
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I guess I havent followed the under 5 deal...why are they slow playing?
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X