Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Oh, I don't care if they kill themselves. But they need modern brakes so they can't murder someone worthwhile.

Likewise with Republicans. I actively encourage them to experiment with alcohol and pills late at night home alone. But not when a human life is at risk.
    The really dumb thing about the "argument" is if you pay attention to how they drive the old cars without safety items. A car like a Model A Ford (which is kind of modern- a real body, etc)- not many drivers of those cars will drive them beyond the capability of the car. And if they increase the capability, most car people I know (which are a lot, since I'm a car guy- remember my old name) will increase the safety capability- better brakes, harness, roll bar/cage, etc. Oh, and if you do own an old car you drive a lot and love- you are REALLY likely to keep the car in tip top condition- so everything works as best it will.

So it's a pretty weak argument in the real world.

Let alone if you extrapolate the time that cars were the most deadly, COVID remains more deadly (and transmittable) to the unvaccinated compared to auto deaths.

edit- just considered one more thing- because of how dangerous and relatively deadly cars were, laws were written to increase the safety of vehicles. Which have been mostly supported by all sides considering it has saved so many lives. Even recently, back up cameras were required for cars, due to the handful of kids that were killed when run over backing up. Not sure how many billions of dollars consumers happily pay for cars that are safer- but it's probably over $100B a year in the US.

But somehow, all of these preventable deaths from COVID are not only OK, but generally encouraged.

So the fact that government stepped in to make cars safer makes the general argument rather absurd.
    Last edited by MichVandal; 04-20-2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• How many people died in the Tylenol tampering scare in what, the 80's? That led to tamper proof packaging for all over the counter meds, the foil covering the bottle mouth, and moving away from capsules to a caplet form of medication. An entire industry changed as a result of how many deaths? Jebbie? Whalers?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        How many people died in the Tylenol tampering scare in what, the 80's? That led to tamper proof packaging for all over the counter meds, the foil covering the bottle mouth, and moving away from capsules to a caplet form of medication. An entire industry changed as a result of how many deaths? Jebbie? Whalers?
        I am amazed at how many human beings just don't give a **** about someone dying from Covid. It's been very enlightening.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I am amazed at how many human beings just don't give a **** about someone dying from Covid. It's been very enlightening.
          The vast majority of them pretend to care about unborn babies, too. Talk about BS. Let alone the BS stuff they post that actually leads to people dying- it's not that they don't care, they are actively trying to hospitalize and kill people.

Enlightening, indeed.

Comment

As opposed to all the people giving a $h!^ about citizens dying of fentanyl streaming across the open border? Or said "Dreamers" streaming into the country MASKLESS! and UNVACCINATED? Nothing to see here folks.

How many of Jay Leno's cars have updated brakes to make them more safe? He tries to keep them original where possible, even using 3D printers to re-man parts. I haven't seen a lot of disc brake conversions on his old Studebakers and Tucker's (didn't mean to trigger some with that name, it was actually a car company :-) ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I'm shocked by the airline employees. I expect it from the sh-tbirds passengers, but I assumed the poor workers stuck in the cabin with the Dumpies would be in an iron lung.
              Most of the FAs I've talked to hated playing mask police, so I'm not surprised at all.

Comment

• Me either. Mask mandates put the proletariat in bad positions and often in harms way just as much as COVID would have.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

No, if people got vaccinated it'd be under control.
                  False, the leaky “vaccination” does nothing to slow down transmission.

And where isn’t it under control?

Comment

Pretending to be permanently make believe sick with no symptoms doesn’t mean someone cares about anything.

It shows they are delusional and suffering from psychosis.

Honk ****ing Honk
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 04-20-2022, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I get masks aren’t fun to wear but if people just wore them in crowded places we would have Covid under control.
                      I still don't think that's going to be true. The second omicron came on the scene, COVID no longer became controllable with NPIs. You've got Shanghai almost completely locked down in a very compliant society and it's still massively ****ed there.

I've only recently come around to this after watching China pi--ss into the wind for a month. We need better measures to live with it. Meaning, we need pharmaceutical treatments. Omicron and it's subvariants are impossibly contagious.

edit: and before anyone reads this wrong, I'm very pro mask still. Our efforts should focus less on beating that into everyone and even ****ing less on this stupid breath test and more on getting vaccines for the <5 and pharmaceutical treatments that improve outcomes without trashing kidneys.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-20-2022, 07:53 PM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I still don't think that's going to be true. The second omicron came on the scene, COVID no longer became controllable with NPIs. You've got Shanghai almost completely locked down in a very compliant society and it's still massively ****ed there.

I've only recently come around to this after watching China pi--ss into the wind for a month. We need better measures to live with it. Meaning, we need pharmaceutical treatments. Omicron and it's subvariants are impossibly contagious.

edit: and before anyone reads this wrong, I'm very pro mask still. Our efforts should focus less on beating that into everyone and even ****ing less on this stupid breath test and more on getting vaccines for the <5 and pharmaceutical treatments that improve outcomes without trashing kidneys.
                        To be clear, I dont think masks would eradicate Covid or anything like that. I just think that if people wore them in crowded places we would have a lot better shot at keeping cases under 10k a day or something like that. Our goal should be to keep a lid on it and avoid situations like the one over the winter. We shouldn’t wait until the horse is out of the barn before we do something.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Listening to stuff about Shanghai it sounds as if there is not as much compliance as we would be lead to believe. They were interviewing peeps on the BBC this morning and talking about how the rule was stay in your house but the little olds were visiting among the diff apartments in the building happily spreading things.

Observing the the news last few days and even reading on here it continues to amaze me the number of people who want to change the rules because people are fatigued and just want to get on with it.

If we were on a foreign planet where the air was foul no one would consider climbing out of the space suit because they shouldn't have to live like this the rest of their lives. Life aint fair. Reality is reality. Where I am the numbers are increasing in waste water but we no longer have a reliable way to track the actual cases. Folks are are, for the most part, unmasked and blithely going their happy way. If you are vaxed you probably aren't going to die but screw anyone who is not vaxed (littles), the immunocompromised, the elderly and other vulnerables.

The messaging is completely ignoring the reality and all the focus is on how the poor people are fatigued. I want to puke.

Even if people are not dying there is a economic impact to having people get sick. Decreased productivity, disruption of work flow, messed up ability to go to daycare, school. Then you have the unwashed/unvaxed masses who are getting sick and costing us all a ton of money and resources. I just can't understand how no one is talking about this.

Comment

• Right, but what's the end game? We can't stay in those space suits forever if they are tethered to the crashed ship.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The big reckoning I can’t wait for is the number of preexisting conditions this mess is causing.

if people would just get vaxxed the story would be a little easier to map out.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Listening to stuff about Shanghai it sounds as if there is not as much compliance as we would be lead to believe. They were interviewing peeps on the BBC this morning and talking about how the rule was stay in your house but the little olds were visiting among the diff apartments in the building happily spreading things.

Observing the the news last few days and even reading on here it continues to amaze me the number of people who want to change the rules because people are fatigued and just want to get on with it.

If we were on a foreign planet where the air was foul no one would consider climbing out of the space suit because they shouldn't have to live like this the rest of their lives. Life aint fair. Reality is reality. Where I am the numbers are increasing in waste water but we no longer have a reliable way to track the actual cases. Folks are are, for the most part, unmasked and blithely going their happy way. If you are vaxed you probably aren't going to die but screw anyone who is not vaxed (littles), the immunocompromised, the elderly and other vulnerables.

The messaging is completely ignoring the reality and all the focus is on how the poor people are fatigued. I want to puke.

Even if people are not dying there is a economic impact to having people get sick. Decreased productivity, disruption of work flow, messed up ability to go to daycare, school. Then you have the unwashed/unvaxed masses who are getting sick and costing us all a ton of money and resources. I just can't understand how no one is talking about this.
                                Covidian Alert ^^

Hooooooooooonk

****ing Honk

Comment

Working...
                                X