Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    It's not the point, of course, but it's what hovey and other "trying to be reasonable" covidiots are hiding behind. It's absolute nonsense, just like this ridiculous ruling.
    Invariably, when a conservative argues process, it is an excuse. Whenever conservatives have power, they flout process, legally or otherwise, to get what they want. This is just more of their projection, like pedophilia.

These people are just gross.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I mean, you all can still wear your mask as can the flight attendants. (who likely will) This just makes it a choice instead of a rule. If Cletus wants to get sick that is on them at this point. I am flying in two weeks and will likely mask up depending on how the full the flight is. Then again I flew to Mexico literally a week after the shelter in place started and didn't get sick so flying vaxxed and boosted doesn't scare me much. (plus the gf had Omicron like a month ago)

I am sorry but I just am not outraged over this. I am outraged such an idiot was allowed to be a judge and allowed to have make such a worthless ruling, but in and of itself I think this was overdue.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        The increased spread that’s likely to follow hopefully won’t increase hospitalization.

but it sure as hell may increase number of cancelled flights as crews get sick enough to not work.
        Looking at the numbers that are still going on, and roughly basing that 90% of deaths are unvaccinated, COVID and BA2 continue to be one of the highest causes of death for unvaccinated. Whereas it's not for the vaccinated.

For the most part, the airlines will never get "caught" spreading the virus, even if someone dies from flying. And I've seen some flight attendant groups have asked to end the mandate due to the covidiots getting violent on planes. It's a hard balance.

The ruling is terrible, as are the justifications that are coming out. But the mandate- it's getting to the point that we should just let the covidiots die, as they insist to do.

Comment

• I’m just saying if flights start getting cancelled again, the morons will yell about Biden not doing enough to stop the spread.

like when they vote against aid to Ukraine then turn around and blast Biden for not doing enough

Comment

I’m just saying if flights start getting cancelled again, the morons will yell about Biden not doing enough to stop the spread.

like when they vote against aid to Ukraine then turn around and blast Biden for not doing enough
            Remember, this is just the party of NO. Other than that, tax breaks. And I'm pretty sure R's would vote against a D tax cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I mean, you all can still wear your mask as can the flight attendants. (who likely will) This just makes it a choice instead of a rule. If Cletus wants to get sick that is on them at this point. I am flying in two weeks and will likely mask up depending on how the full the flight is. Then again I flew to Mexico literally a week after the shelter in place started and didn't get sick so flying vaxxed and boosted doesn't scare me much. (plus the gf had Omicron like a month ago)

I am sorry but I just am not outraged over this. I am outraged such an idiot was allowed to be a judge and allowed to have make such a worthless ruling, but in and of itself I think this was overdue.
              If we're going to talk "process", we should attach the process where it failed - an unqualified judge ruled without hearing oral arguments on something where she cited the statute that discussed the power to enforce such a mandate, and then selectively used it to say the CDC and FAA didn't have the authority, while ignoring the parts of the statute that suggests otherwise. And again, it's been 2 years. Why is this now such a major problem? (I know you're aghast at this point too)

Stepping aside from process and over to the "personal choice" side, for the zillionth time, mask wearing is as beneficial or more beneficial to others than the wearer, and even better(er) when everyone is wearing one.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I'm not mad at Biden though. Seems to me he established a rule ("I'm following the CDC recommendations") and then followed it. The whole point, after all, is NOT to tie health policy to politics. What makes the Right so disgusting and harmful is they bend facts to their wants. **** them, they aren't my governance model.
                Last edited by Kepler; 04-19-2022, 12:03 PM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Remember, this is just the party of NO. Other than that, tax breaks. And I'm pretty sure R's would vote against a D tax cut.
                  Once you say the Democrats are the actual devil you can never be seen to support them or you are undercutting yourself.

Twatwaffles like Collins have nobody to blame but themselves. We need to find the hooks to make them dangle. Propose universal health care for straight white Christian males. Let them veto that.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Will men be allowed to bring tanning lamps on board to tan their testicles?

Comment

Will men be allowed to bring tanning lamps on board to tan their testicles?
                      "MY BODY MY CHOICE!!!" (except for wimmins)
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't know that the government will appeal it, or even should.

These cases are about process, nothing more, nothing less.

People hear about a case like this, and their first response is something like, "oh sure, and next they will tell us that the government can't impose a regulation that you wear seatbelts on a plane."

That is not what this case is about.

Congress gives certain agencies broad powers to enact regulations. These regulations might deal with travel, working conditions, consumer products, or whatever.

But here is the thing. There is a process for implementing those regulations. It is a detailed process, and in most instances, time consuming. I believe there are even processes for implementing regulations on a temporary or emergency basis.

The head of the CDC coming out and saying, "ok everyone, we're all wearing masks on planes," is not the process. We don't just do laws, rules and regulations by proclamation of an individual.

It would be like if the head of OSHA announced today that everyone who works with an electronic device must now wear a 7mm neoprene wetsuit and an industrial welding mask, until further notice. You're response would probably be, "wait, what the ****?"

Maybe such a regulation is needed for computer users, but that's not the process for how we do it.

What the government did with Covid is this. Basically, they elected to go ahead and just implement certain rules knowing that in all likelihood their process for doing so was suspect, but gambling that the time necessary for getting their actions tossed by judges would buy them time against the disease.
                        Except it wasn't even about that, as much as the GOP will spin it that way. It was about the temporary extension of a rule by about a month, two weeks' of which had already elapsed, in response to the latest variant picking up steam.

The judge is unqualified and issued a crap ruling. The only reason the government shouldn't appeal is because it's supposed to lapse in 2 weeks anyway and there's no point in causing the confusion an appeal would bring.

Comment

• An acquaintance is flying out of PIT tonight. He reports an estimate of less than 10% of passengers in masks and almost 0% airline/airport employees, except TSA is still 100% masked up.

Comment

• I wish I could be surprised but it's still jarring to hear that
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              An acquaintance is flying out of PIT tonight. He reports an estimate of less than 10% of passengers in masks and almost 0% airline/airport employees, except TSA is still 100% masked up.
                              That seems in line with my 5% Covidian thoughts.

About 5% of people are bat shiit crazy about Covid and lack any foundation, fundamental common sense. Covid is their religion, it gives their life purpose. Their worldview is heavily skewed and formed through a screen and severely lacks any real world lived experience.

They think there are many among them but in reality they are a very small minority of people.

Two years and going of pretending to act sick 24/7

Honk, ****ing Honk
                              Last edited by Jeb2020; 04-19-2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• I'm shocked by the airline employees. I expect it from the sh-tbirds passengers, but I assumed the poor workers stuck in the cabin with the Dumpies would be in an iron lung.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X