Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
    And a first class ticket struck down about 2 hours.

Honk
    Only if the flight was 2 hrs!!! :-p

mookie closed his suite door and flew 14hr back to the ME maskless:-D
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• after sitting in the AF lounge maskless sipping his vino
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Trump judge just reversed mandate for masks in airport and transport hubs.

you know, one of the ones who never tried a case and was rated as unqualified. But republicans confirmed anyway
        Given the nature of the ruling- why did this take so long for the dumpy judges? Clearly this was a political move.

The way it was "ruled"- it should have been ruled down back in 2020. But it only was now that things are calming down. Shocking.

But this is why we are going to drive to vacations for a while, still. Too many jebbers out there.

Comment

• I think the extension was defensible (only 2 extra weeks I think) to buy time to see if BA.2 was increasing hospitalizations with the new case increases. So far, it hasn't, so that's good.

This judge's decision is horrendously written and overtly political and cannot stand, but one suggestion I read was to appeal it - because that precedent cannot be allowed to be set - but do not file for a stay of the decision. In other words, let the mandate drop but work to overturn this ridiculous and idiotic decision.

What's next, can't mandate seatbelts on flights? The GQP hasn't been ruling from a logical perspective in years.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            I think the extension was defensible (only 2 extra weeks I think) to buy time to see if BA.2 was increasing hospitalizations with the new case increases. So far, it hasn't, so that's good.

This judge's decision is horrendously written and overtly political and cannot stand, but one suggestion I read was to appeal it - because that precedent cannot be allowed to be set - but do not file for a stay of the decision. In other words, let the mandate drop but work to overturn this ridiculous and idiotic decision.

What's next, can't mandate seatbelts on flights? The GQP hasn't been ruling from a logical perspective in years.
            Exactly correct. Exactly! Just insane and it must be killed on principle.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

Not on public transport or in airports/on planes.
              I could be wrong. I was going off what I heard from people who had recently traveled there.

a quick google search pops this up
              https://www.travelandleisure.com/air...ace-mask-rules
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• NYC announced you still have to mask up on public transportation.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  NYC announced you still have to mask up on public transportation.
                  The MBTA did that up here. I take the subway and since going back to work a year ago that's been enforced once on any train I've been on. Granted there's just the motorman and there's 6 cars so I'd imagine he's got better things to do.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Exactly correct. Exactly! Just insane and it must be killed on principle.
                    I don't know that the government will appeal it, or even should.

These cases are about process, nothing more, nothing less.

People hear about a case like this, and their first response is something like, "oh sure, and next they will tell us that the government can't impose a regulation that you wear seatbelts on a plane."

That is not what this case is about.

Congress gives certain agencies broad powers to enact regulations. These regulations might deal with travel, working conditions, consumer products, or whatever.

But here is the thing. There is a process for implementing those regulations. It is a detailed process, and in most instances, time consuming. I believe there are even processes for implementing regulations on a temporary or emergency basis.

The head of the CDC coming out and saying, "ok everyone, we're all wearing masks on planes," is not the process. We don't just do laws, rules and regulations by proclamation of an individual.

It would be like if the head of OSHA announced today that everyone who works with an electronic device must now wear a 7mm neoprene wetsuit and an industrial welding mask, until further notice. You're response would probably be, "wait, what the ****?"

Maybe such a regulation is needed for computer users, but that's not the process for how we do it.

What the government did with Covid is this. Basically, they elected to go ahead and just implement certain rules knowing that in all likelihood their process for doing so was suspect, but gambling that the time necessary for getting their actions tossed by judges would buy them time against the disease.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

People hear about a case like this, and their first response is something like, "oh sure, and next they will tell us that the government can't impose a regulation that you wear seatbelts on a plane."

Congress gives certain agencies broad powers to enact regulations. These regulations might deal with travel, working conditions, consumer products, or whatever.

But here is the thing. There is a process for implementing those regulations. It is a detailed process, and in most instances, time consuming. I believe there are even processes for implementing regulations on a temporary or emergency basis.

The head of the CDC coming out and saying, "ok everyone, we're all wearing masks on planes," is not the process. We don't just do laws, rules and regulations by proclamation of an individual.

It would be like if the head of OSHA announced today that everyone who works with an electronic device must now wear a 7mm neoprene wetsuit and an industrial welding mask, until further notice. You're response would probably be, "wait, what the ****?"

Maybe such a regulation is needed for computer users, but that's not the process for how we do it.

What the government did with Covid is this. Basically, they elected to go ahead and just implement certain rules knowing that in all likelihood their process for doing so was suspect, but gambling that the time necessary for getting their actions tossed by judges would buy them time against the disease.
                      If THAT is the actual point here, why in the world did it take 2 years to get here? If that were the actual issue, it would have been dealt with in 2020. Instead, this is dealt with 6 months before the mid-term elections. huh, funny timing there.

And your example of why is flawed. This was an emergency rule to prevent the spread of a virus in a manner that was shown to be effective. There literally was not time to pass this through congress and whatnot. And it was not such a massive burden like getting a neoprene suit to wear.

The CDC has the legal authority to restrict public travel on an emergency basis- which is exactly what masking is- Title 42 – The Public Health and Welfare, Chapter 6A – Public Health Service, Subchapter II – General Powers and Duties, Part G – Quarantine and Inspection lays this out.

Comment

• Laurence Tribe excoriates Mizelle and her ruling.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...oL?li=BB141NW3
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

If THAT is the actual point here, why in the world did it take 2 years to get here? If that were the actual issue, it would have been dealt with in 2020. Instead, this is dealt with 6 months before the mid-term elections. huh, funny timing there.

And your example of why is flawed. This was an emergency rule to prevent the spread of a virus in a manner that was shown to be effective. There literally was not time to pass this through congress and whatnot. And it was not such a massive burden like getting a neoprene suit to wear.

The CDC has the legal authority to restrict public travel on an emergency basis- which is exactly what masking is- Title 42 – The Public Health and Welfare, Chapter 6A – Public Health Service, Subchapter II – General Powers and Duties, Part G – Quarantine and Inspection lays this out.
                          Lmao a two year+ never ending emergency.

stay at home that is your option now, if you can’t handle going out in the real world.

Masks in public are worthless.You need filtration + fit. No one is fitted and filtration is garbage as well as most are wearing clothe or surgical.

Its nothing more than theatre.

Honk ****ing honk.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This is about as gigantic a piece of pretending-talking-points-are-legal-points as you can get. The process, defined by our legislature, has been followed by and large. No one just "decided to do laws", whatever that means.

Do better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

It's not the point, of course, but it's what hovey and other "trying to be reasonable" covidiots are hiding behind. It's absolute nonsense, just like this ridiculous ruling.

Comment

• The increased spread that’s likely to follow hopefully won’t increase hospitalization.

but it sure as hell may increase number of cancelled flights as crews get sick enough to not work.

Comment

Working...
                                X