Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my employees is out with Covid. I'm told we have 6 out of the plant either positive or expose. Corporate took away our mandatory masking and social distancing at the beginning of March. Now our covid numbers are going up.

I also wonder with the availability of at home rapid testing...are reported numbers low to actual numbers? How many people take an at home test, get a positive result, and don't report it to anyone?
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      One of my employees is out with Covid. I'm told we have 6 out of the plant either positive or expose. Corporate took away our mandatory masking and social distancing at the beginning of March. Now our covid numbers are going up.

I also wonder with the availability of at home rapid testing...are reported numbers low to actual numbers? How many people take an at home test, get a positive result, and don't report it to anyone?
      I bet that number is quite high. And the number of places to get PCR tested is dwindling as well. That's what worries me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I bet that number is quite high. And the number of places to get PCR tested is dwindling as well. That's what worries me.
        Do you want to try to articulate how a PCR test works?

Comment

Prior to Omicron conventional wisdom was that the true case rate was 5ish times the actual documented rate. With Omicron's insane infectiousness combined with home tests that aren't reported, general consensus was that the true case count was 10+ times the actual count, which is completely insane (the number, not the undercount factor). Considering we shattered case count records with Omicron, that's a scary thing.

I'll again say that when all is said and done, Omicron will end up being one of the top 5, if not top 3, most transmissible diseases ever recorded.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

On the flip side, we do know that sewage is constantly being monitored for covid DNA, and it's been really close to reality in terms of what is going on.

And the other part- if the actual reporting was that low, it's actually an indicator of how minor Omicron has been relative to previous versions. And that the only reason it was as deadly as it was is Swansongs point that Omicron could be one of the top most transmissible diseases of all time. Which is sorta, kinda, good news.

Comment

• Unless something, or someone, takes that mechanism of high transmissibility and attaches it to high lethality.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Unless something, or someone, takes that mechanism of high transmissibility and attaches it to high lethality.
                The math problem of that is lethality reduces transmissibility by just messing with the numbers. See ebola.

Comment

• I think it's already claimed the top spot in effective transmission rate
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The math problem of that is lethality reduces transmissibility by just messing with the numbers. See ebola.
                    There's also human behavior. Giant amounts of dead bodies piling up everywhere, ala various bubonic plague outbreaks, will get people's attention a lot more that full hospitals that are out of sight and mind. Dead is dead all the same, but a CFR of 10% vs. 1% on something as contagious as even OG Wuhan-strain Covid is an enormous difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

There's also human behavior. Giant amounts of dead bodies piling up everywhere, ala various bubonic plague outbreaks, will get people's attention a lot more that full hospitals that are out of sight and mind. Dead is dead all the same, but a CFR of 10% vs. 1% on something as contagious as even OG Wuhan-strain Covid is an enormous difference.
                      Honk ^^

Hospitals are always full you should know that.

Many hospitals were no more busy than they were prior to Covid. But the TV wouldn’t tell you that would it?

M Health Fairview is one of the largest healthcare providers in MN. They saw thousands of covid patients and received $165 million in covid aid in 2020. Despite this, their hospital admissions declined 11% and they added no new bed capacity in 2020.

Comment

• It's so weird. I keep seeing this thread bumped, but there's no post.

Blame it on ghosts.

Comment

• It could also be Jebbers or someone you have on ignore commenting.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            It could also be Jebbers or someone you have on ignore commenting.
                            (yes, I'm just kidding)

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              It could also be Jebbers or someone you have on ignore commenting.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X