Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They closed a local school here today because of a COVID outbreak. Forty percent of the students were out sick. My very slowly increasing positivity has made a bit of a u-turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      They closed a local school here today because of a COVID outbreak. Forty percent of the students were out sick. My very slowly increasing positivity has made a bit of a u-turn.
      On the bright side, the postivity rate in MA remains hovering between 1.55-1.6%, which is good. And hospitalizations continue to go down (228 as of yesterday). In MA, raw infection numbers are much less meaninful now.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Right but I think we need to start thinking about this locally. The US as a whole is at the bottom of the curve. Near summer 2021 lows (<30k cases a day). We know that omicron has a CFR one third that of the flu for vaccinated individuals.

We have free tests available by mail. You can't keep hundreds of testing sites open if no one is going to use them. Have a plan to rapidly mobilize the testing centers again if necessary. Then begin shutting them down as the numbers decrease. If they spike, then get the centers open again.

But everyone should have a small stockpile of tests and N95s now. Soon we'll have plenty of the Pfizer drug that cuts severe COVID by even more.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I've got a 50 pack of KN95 masks coming within the next couple days. Uber Eats mandates masks for delivery drivers. My job mandates masks and will send N95 if a resident tests positive.

I've been going out, but keeping to the "bubble" and only hanging out with those I can trust to tell me if they're sick.
          ​​​​​​
          I've got my free tests coming soon.

​​​​​
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• BTW. According to Yale Med, CT is running about 50-60% of cases as BA.2, doubling about weekly, and likely to push BA.1 out entirely by April. MA hasn't released sequencing recently (not since mid-February's wastewater data). Considering our proximity I'd bet the house that we're about the same w/r/t BA.2 percentage.

So I'd guess a likely increase in cases locally here over the next couple of weeks but not a substantial one. BA.1 seems to offer substantial immunity to BA.2, which is terrific.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              I've got a 50 pack of KN95 masks coming within the next couple days.
              3M N95s or GTFO.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I'm listening in on a sort of open town hall with some hospital leadership and a wide cross section of the hospital (doctors, OT, IT Folks, social workers, practice managers...) and we've been discussing the previous two years of the pandemic. And my goodness, hearing the stories from the hospitalists (staff doctors). The hours they worked and the grinding nature of the work itself... it's crazy. You read about how proning a patient would lead to much improved outcomes. But proning a patient that's on a ventilator and hooked up to the necessary takes 4-5 people (and that's for a person of average weight, let alone a large person) and takes a long time. And that's just one thing.

A hearty "go **** yourself" to every covidiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  I'm listening in on a sort of open town hall with some hospital leadership and a wide cross section of the hospital (doctors, OT, IT Folks, social workers, practice managers...) and we've been discussing the previous two years of the pandemic. And my goodness, hearing the stories from the hospitalists (staff doctors). The hours they worked and the grinding nature of the work itself... it's crazy. You read about how proning a patient would lead to much improved outcomes. But proning a patient that's on a ventilator and hooked up to the necessary takes 4-5 people (and that's for a person of average weight, let alone a large person) and takes a long time. And that's just one thing.

ANd isn't proning something that has to be done and undone repeatedly? I thought I remember reading early on that you could only be proned for so long before you had to be returned to your back.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm listening in on a sort of open town hall with some hospital leadership and a wide cross section of the hospital (doctors, OT, IT Folks, social workers, practice managers...) and we've been discussing the previous two years of the pandemic. And my goodness, hearing the stories from the hospitalists (staff doctors). The hours they worked and the grinding nature of the work itself... it's crazy. You read about how proning a patient would lead to much improved outcomes. But proning a patient that's on a ventilator and hooked up to the necessary takes 4-5 people (and that's for a person of average weight, let alone a large person) and takes a long time. And that's just one thing.

80% of Covid hosptilizations are overweight/obese.

60% of the country is overweight/obese.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

ANd isn't proning something that has to be done and undone repeatedly? I thought I remember reading early on that you could only be proned for so long before you had to be returned to your back.
                      I don't know the specifics, but yes, my understanding is that a person does need to be rotated.

Comment

I don't know the specifics, but yes, my understanding is that a person does need to be rotated.
                        Well, I tried to find a gif of the sebastian charles tip table on that episode of House, but this comment will have to suffice.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Well, I tried to find a gif of the sebastian charles tip table on that episode of House, but this comment will have to suffice.
                          House Tilt Test - YouTube
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki tests positive for covid-19 for the second time in five months. She is vaccinated and boosted.

Must need the 4th magic shot

Hilary Clinton, triple jabbed, has Covid as well. Also, needs a 4th shot.

Honk, ****ing Honk

Covidians

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                              White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki tests positive for covid-19 for the second time in five months. She is vaccinated and boosted.

Must need the 4th magic shot

Hilary Clinton, triple jabbed, has Covid as well. Also, needs a 4th shot.

Honk, ****ing Honk

Covidians
                              Wonder if its ba2 variant?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Sometimes somebody quotes the derp and it's like a toddler has taken a Dump in the center of the room.

With my new job I forget these people are still out there. ChildWorld just gonna go on until the last syphilitic cough of the last loser.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X