Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Hong Kong and China are in serious ****ing trouble if they can't stop the spread.

If you are this far into a Pandemic with multiple vaccines out there and the world literally shutting down for an extended time in the hopes of protecting you and you still can't get the spread under control...then you are no better than the idiots in Red Counties and my empathy for you is gone.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• According to the CDC, There is a high correlation with those people who can’t let go of their mask and those who sucked their thumb until they had an overbite…

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

No idea. It was something I saw in passing. Wish I remembered where.
        I don't mean that to seem like I was jumping on you, just curious.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I don't mean that to seem like I was jumping on you, just curious.
          I know :-)

I was kicking myself for not remembering because it was teh second time it came up yesterday. You're like the least jump-on-someone on the board lol
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If you are this far into a Pandemic with multiple vaccines out there and the world literally shutting down for an extended time in the hopes of protecting you and you still can't get the spread under control...then you are no better than the idiots in Red Counties and my empathy for you is gone.
            I wouldn't wish the results of poor planning and management on the peasants.

Comment

• Lots of peasants in Hong Kong?
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• France removed COVID restrictions and since then new cases have spiked. Germany and Italy, who have not removed them, as also spiking.

Hospitalizations are not going up. Yet. French politicians are starting to act awfully defensive.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Worldometer has slashed its US COVID deaths given the new algorithm, all the way down to a paltry 992k.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Yup. It seems that if your community has been hit by Omicron, BA.2 will mostly pass you by. Yes, "Mostly" is doing a lot of work there.
                    Welll, that was when the herd (the intelligent herd) were still taking precautions- masking being the biggest. I expect to see an increase in not good things now the advice/messaging is not promoting any sort of safety measures at all. Consider you have sig increase in people moving around the country (many from Orange Grove/Red counties), less protective measures, less caution and in many places less availability of testing sites. NH closed all its sites.

Take home- If you are at risk- older, immunocompromised, unable to be vaxed d/t age or medical contraindications, physically compromised or someone who is exposed to large doses-- long time to multiple people- eff you. Young vaxed people are fine, just fine, so who cares about the rest?

Comment

Lots of peasants in Hong Kong?
                      I can’t tell if you’re serious or not.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not.
                        Not serious so much as asking for clarification since most things I see out of Hong Kong don't seem to scream "peasant" to me.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Welll, that was when the herd (the intelligent herd) were still taking precautions- masking being the biggest. I expect to see an increase in not good things now the advice/messaging is not promoting any sort of safety measures at all. Consider you have sig increase in people moving around the country (many from Orange Grove/Red counties), less protective measures, less caution and in many places less availability of testing sites. NH closed all its sites.

Take home- If you are at risk- older, immunocompromised, unable to be vaxed d/t age or medical contraindications, physically compromised or someone who is exposed to large doses-- long time to multiple people- eff you. Young vaxed people are fine, just fine, so who cares about the rest?
                          Honk, Honk

Comment

Not serious so much as asking for clarification since most things I see out of Hong Kong don't seem to scream "peasant" to me.
                            Hong Kong has roughly the same demographics as every other big city out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Hong Kong has roughly the same demographics as every other big city out there.
                              I always thought its Gini was through the roof.

Buncha superbillionaires and then millions of Poors only kept alive by social services.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Definitely understand that. I don't mean to be callous.

Reading the data, between spring behavior and the fact that most of the US was absolutely smashed by BA.1, I don't anticipate BA.2 being a serious threat. The countries (and local communities here) currently dealing with BA.2 waves either mostly avoided BA.1 or only got partially hit.

I may be too hopeful on this, but I'm just so tired of bad news.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X