Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

BA2 is driving much of Europe and spreads 30% faster than omricon
    Not long ago, I saw a doctor opinion that BA2 would not be a big deal, since it's the "same" as Omicron. Even though it was very different, as he also pointed out. Now I know that his opinion is, well, questionable- along with some others.

Comment

Hong Kong is terrible but their vaccines are likely big part of their story
      Wazzat mean? Did HK get a bad batch? Are they using a different (bogus) vaccine?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Wazzat mean? Did HK get a bad batch? Are they using a different (bogus) vaccine?
        They used Sinovac, and didn’t have the best percentage of elderly vaccinated and now have a high death rate

Comment

They used Sinovac, and didn’t have the best percentage of elderly vaccinated and now have a high death rate
          Thx. I thought the elderly were the top vaxxed group everywhere.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Not long ago, I saw a doctor opinion that BA2 would not be a big deal, since it's the "same" as Omicron. Even though it was very different, as he also pointed out. Now I know that his opinion is, well, questionable- along with some others.
            BA.2 is definitely an issue for places that didn't get hit with the BA.1 wave, but for those of us in areas that already had Omicron waves, it's unlikely to be a big deal.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

BA.2 is definitely an issue for places that didn't get hit with the BA.1 wave, but for those of us in areas that already had Omicron waves, it's unlikely to be a big deal.
              It’s going to vary wildly. Most countries won’t be hit the same but in the US it will probably vary by county

Comment

It’s going to vary wildly. Most countries won’t be hit the same but in the US it will probably vary by county
                Yup. It seems that if your community has been hit by Omicron, BA.2 will mostly pass you by. Yes, "Mostly" is doing a lot of work there.

Comment

Yup. It seems that if your community has been hit by Omicron, BA.2 will mostly pass you by. Yes, "Mostly" is doing a lot of work there.
                  It's funny that the news is reporting a 100% increase. But when you double a small amount, it probably is still small. It will be interesting to see how this progresses. Still seems that things are going in the right direction.

Comment

It's funny that the news is reporting a 100% increase. But when you double a small amount, it probably is still small. It will be interesting to see how this progresses. Still seems that things are going in the right direction.
                    Yup. And some media are still fearmongering about "stealth omicron" (BA.2 looks virtually identical to BA.1 and requires a very close examination to distinguish - calling it "stealth" is bull**** and meaningless) or "deltacron" or "flurovid".

Comment

I recently saw that an estimated 40-50% of Americans still haven't had any form of COVID. Factor that into any estimations you make.

(Goes for me as well)
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Thx. I thought the elderly were the top vaxxed group everywhere.
                        Believe it or not, the elderly in Hong Kong were the most resistant to getting vaccinated. They felt the possible side effect risks of the vaccine outweighed the risks of actually catching the virus. I kid you not. I have no idea why that was the only elderly population in the world which felt like that.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Hong Kong and China are in serious ****ing trouble if they can't stop the spread.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Believe it or not, the elderly in Hong Kong were the most resistant to getting vaccinated. They felt the possible side effect risks of the vaccine outweighed the risks of actually catching the virus. I kid you not. I have no idea why that was the only elderly population in the world which felt like that.
                            Longstanding distrust of the CCP, most likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I recently saw that an estimated 40-50% of Americans still haven't had any form of COVID. Factor that into any estimations you make.

(Goes for me as well)
                              How many of that percentage has been vaccinated (partly, fully, boosted, etc.)? I've never had any form of Covid, but I'm fully vaccinated and boosted.

Comment

How many of that percentage has been vaccinated (partly, fully, boosted, etc.)? I've never had any form of Covid, but I'm fully vaccinated and boosted.
                                No idea. It was something I saw in passing. Wish I remembered where.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X