Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that I don't really understand about the "natural immunity" crowd is the inherent risk in getting natural immunity.

I get that it's reasonably effective, but whole point about having the vaccine is you get the effectiveness without the same risk of getting getting so sick that you end up in a hospital or dying. And even for Omicron, the risk is at least one order of magnitude more for both.

In terms of bypassing a vaccine requirement- if someone is going to play that card, they should be the one to foot the bill and the time to test themselves to prove that they are ok.

In terms of the numbers, we are now getting to 12 months ago, which is good. If we can fully get back to last summer, when daily cases were less than 15k nationwide, and stay there, hope....

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
      One thing that I don't really understand about the "natural immunity" crowd is the inherent risk in getting natural immunity.

I get that it's reasonably effective, but whole point about having the vaccine is you get the effectiveness without the same risk of getting getting so sick that you end up in a hospital or dying. And even for Omicron, the risk is at least one order of magnitude more for both.

In terms of bypassing a vaccine requirement- if someone is going to play that card, they should be the one to foot the bill and the time to test themselves to prove that they are ok.

In terms of the numbers, we are now getting to 12 months ago, which is good. If we can fully get back to last summer, when daily cases were less than 15k nationwide, and stay there, hope....
      Because we suck at health education, and people hear tiny context-free snippets ("the vaccines only make our systems target the spike proteins not the whole virus!" as if our bodies don't... do the same ****ing thing after infection), and we've culturally decided that "natural is better". Whatever that even means.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

One thing that I don't really understand about the "natural immunity" crowd is the inherent risk in getting natural immunity.
        You should have heard some of the macho men around here peacocking about their previous infections and how they have natural immunity now. Made me sick to my stomach.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Because we suck at health education, and people hear tiny context-free snippets ("the vaccines only make our systems target the spike proteins not the whole virus!" as if our bodies don't... do the same ****ing thing after infection), and we've culturally decided that "natural is better". Whatever that even means.
          It's crazy how many people died because of that. I still think it's north of 500,000 Americans died when they could have easily gotten a vaccine instead.

Speaking of the deniers, how about deathsantis telling people to take off their masks? Even though Tampa is an area that still have issues.... This is just going to keep being bad for a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

You should have heard some of the macho men around here peacocking about their previous infections and how they have natural immunity now. Made me sick to my stomach.
            If I hear someone say that, all I can think of is how dumb they are, not how "macho" they are. They do that even after people who used to be like them plead for everyone to get vaccinated- either just before they die, or after getting out of a very long hospitalization.

It's pretty easy to stay away from people who are so fast to point out how dumb they are. And I'll be speaking with my wallet, too.

Comment

all I can think of is how dumb they are, not how "macho" they are.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• This piece of garbage will go down in history as the exemplary Republican.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

While hoovering down a bag of Doritos with a 2L Diet Coke.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I've been lucky that I've avoided getting covid here in Germany, but I almost wish I've had recently had a minor case.

I'm boosted, but heading back to the states for 2 weeks and the difficulties I'd have if i get it while on vacation will be tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

They were dumb before, just in different ways. And unless their partners are exceptionally bright (despite evidence against) or a special teacher comes along, their kids will be dumb too. Problem with this crowd is that the bucks have more sperm than brains.

Comment

• MA numbers wholesale continue to decline, both in real case numbers and hospitalization rates. Waste water numbers confirm this as well. Deaths have even dropped a bit, although those always lag by a lot.

In MA and other highly vaccinated areas, you're about as safe as you may have been since last summer. I'm going to a show tonight and I can't wait. I'm going to be super uncomfortable, but we gotta break out at some point.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• It was NEVER 95% effective. Not transmission, not hospitalization, not eradication, nothing. It was like a flu shot. Scandal of the century.

Comment

• Good sign that I have been away for awhile and only a few pages. In the last month been at multiple Track meets with mask mandates. They are lifting the requirement and I will still be masked indoors. How can it make sense that they import multiple teams from all over the country (including the areas with high prevelence) and use the local numbers to calculate risk. This makes NO sense to me and I cannot understand that I seem to be one of only a few people that have figured this out. This goes for a lot of the big events.

Comment

• This wave seems to be following the trajectories of the first four and we are now down on the bottom of the slope again. If history is any judge we should be okay for a while. We will still break 1 million deaths by the end of this wave, though.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• The fact there isnt a named variant out there right now to replace Omicron means we should get a nice reprieve.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X