Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I got it last summer and it was nothing. And I am very, very fragile. Maybe you had a really bad reaction?
    More like where it appeared. The side of my head and scalp, so lots of nerve pain right above my eye. Like a stabbing migraine.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

More like where it appeared. The side of my head and scalp, so lots of nerve pain right above my eye. Like a stabbing migraine.
      nm, I also thought you meant you had the shot, NOT the illness.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who would have expected Nazis from never mind.
        An artist from Austria...hmmm I can't put my finger on why but that seems dangerous!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I knew nothing about it -- I thought shingles was one of those things like berri-berri and cholera and gout that Brits got in the 19th century.
          I end up diagnosing dry beriberi 1-2 times a month...eat your thiamine kids.

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• In MA, new cases down to under 2700 (from a high of over 27,000 (!!!) 17 days ago). Hospitalizations down about 1700 in that time too (down to under 2000). You could question the low case numbers based on lower-than-last-week testing, however the positivity percentage continues to plummet along with the new case count.

This is the pattern we're seeing everywhere with omicron: burn fast, burn hot, overwhelm hospitals and kill a lot of unvaccinated people, and be a mild cold for the vaccinated/boosted.

I don't make predictions anymore, but unless we get whalloped with another variant, things should look pretty good over the next few months. There just isn't much population much without some form of immunity.
            Last edited by Swansong; 02-02-2022, 09:46 AM.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Yeah there was something in the Lancet about that very thing. Basically said that by mid February most of the states and a lot of the major countries will be (or will have been) on the downslope by Mid February. Almost every study has shown the South Africa numbers and pattern to be correct.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Yeah there was something in the Lancet about that very thing. Basically said that by mid February most of the states and a lot of the major countries will be (or will have been) on the downslope by Mid February. Almost every study has shown the South Africa numbers and pattern to be correct.
                This is interesting, because IIRC RSA told people not to use their numbers for projections because their population is abnormally young.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is interesting, because IIRC RSA told people not to use their numbers for projections because their population is abnormally young.
                  I recall that too. Explained by the chance that they distinguish between "told" and "cautioned?"

Comment

• "Be careful using our numbers to project your own because we have differing demographics that mean a lot to outcomes" is a good and safe warning, even if the end result is that SA's experience was indicative.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

That was early on when not much was out there about Omicron. I believe Israel did a study about a month later where the curve was the same and then more and more cities that got hit hard started noticing the trend. RSA was right not to use the numbers as proof, but those numbers have been backed up by pretty much all evidence since then. Omicron spreads so fast it is just insane!

Didn't some doctor say that by the end of next month like half the world would have been infected, most of whom never would know it?
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        "Be careful using our numbers to project your own because we have differing demographics that mean a lot to outcomes" is a good and safe warning, even if the end result is that SA's experience was indicative.
                        Yep. Better to be safe than sorry. Plus their vax rates were very low IIRC.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Watching a university of tubes channel that talks a lot about natural immunity, and how powerful it apparently is.

One discussion was around the vaccine mandate for all- put in an individual medical context, it may make sense to test for prior infection before getting a vaccine. But what was missed was a public policy that would easily be applied to all- where just requiring 2 vaccine jabs is a whole lot easier and cheaper than a pre-test to determine if it was required. Even if the natural system was really good- this isn't about individual care, it's about a population and how to apply it to a population.

Another discussion was about all of the co-morbidities in the US. This after how deadly this virus has been in the US. What I see missed about the two put together- how much risk is one going to take to get natural immunity vs just getting a vaccine???

The risk to get natural immunity is incredibly high, relatively speaking- for the most part, covid is the most deadly thing going for the unvaccinated in the US. It's quite literally russian roulette to get any kind of natural immunity, and the odds are worse when you THEN factor in the co-morbidities.

As I see it, the best way to get any kind of natural immunity is when you are already vaccinated. The risk of it being serious (hospitalization and long term effects) or deadly are lowered by almost an order of magnitude (or more).

The data seems pretty clear when you look at the risk balance- get the vaccine vs. COVID- which has the odds for the worst outcome?

Comment

Didn't some doctor say that by the end of next month like half the world would have been infected, most of whom never would know it?
                            I believe I posted that comment. 99% sure that was the WHO estimate. 50% by end of March.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Even so, with Omicron being dominant, there's STILL a lot of people dying. So the "most of whom never would know it" are probably vaccinated.

That's one of the dangers with Omicron- it's not quite as bad, but it's still really bad. People are still dying in very high numbers that would probably stay alive for another 10-30 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Even so, with Omicron being dominant, there's STILL a lot of people dying. So the "most of whom never would know it" are probably vaccinated.

That's one of the dangers with Omicron- it's not quite as bad, but it's still really bad. People are still dying in very high numbers that would probably stay alive for another 10-30 years.
                                They're being darwinned.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X