Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    And their voters seem perfectly fine with that.

In fact, are encouraging them on.
    They are in a closed feedback loop where they evaluate their leaders based on what their leaders tell them. In short, a cult. No capacity for critical thought.

I think we are seeing another Darwinian winnowing out. In the beginning nature was the cull. We control nature now so our least fit members can survive it. But culture also produces facts which impose consequences. Conservatives have walled themselves off within a failed culture which imposes severe punishments on them: the poverty of the states they control, the incapacity of their educational institutions to keep pace, the near impossibility for the captives within the culture to flourish. Higher rates of illiteracy, obesity, sickness, drug use, promiscuity, crime, violence, and finally death.

Like the Projects or the Arab World or sub-Saharan Africa, they're in a Killing Jar. But in their case they built it themselves, from fear and spite, and deliberately locked themselves in it.

We don't need to shoot them into the Sun. They did it to themselves. Just contain them so they can't harm any bystanders and let their culture play out.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The Death of Expertise really is a societal problem.

When I need taxes done, I go to an accountant. When I need a new roof on my house, I go to a roofer. When I'm sick, I go to a doctor.

Why people think they know better than experts is mystifying.

https://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17...-of-expertise/

The fact that this was in The Federalist is irony that absolutely cannot be lost.
      I love how that article blames the Universities and the kooks like Jenny McCarthy but never gets around to dealing with those that have pushed Anti-Intellectualism to the point of electing Trump. What we have now is what TFS has been laying the groundwork for all of my life.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I love how that article blames the Universities and the kooks like Jenny McCarthy but never gets around to dealing with those that have pushed Anti-Intellectualism to the point of electing Trump. What we have now is what TFS has been laying the groundwork for all of my life.
        I will never read whatever mendacious garbage the Federalist is offering up, but I also argue academia is partly to blame. Academics renounced their responsibility for being public intellectuals by retreating into the Scholasticism of the jargon of PoMo. It didn't have to be that way. PoMo is, at heart, absolutely obvious. There is no neutral text. There is no place outside of ourselves to stand and objectively evaluate facts, we are part of the experiment.

But I just explained that is important about PoMo in 25 words. None of them French. Only one of them ("text") jargon, and that one something we can understand without 3 years of philosophy. That was the great betrayal of Academia in the last 50 years. They turned their backs on plain language and went wriggling up their own as-sholes. Classic guild gatekeeping. Protecting themselves from external criticism. Fighting their precious little battles for tenure and the corner office and leaving the rest of the world at the mercy of rightwing nutjobs who were "a stupid person's idea of what smart people sound like."

They also abandoned the first principle of advanced knowledge that every culture has known: most people aren't ready for the truth. They won't understand it, they'll be terrified by it, they'll react with anger and violence. Think of your high school. 67% of human beings will never have a thought that wasn't put there explicitly by someone else. 67% of those people will kill you if you transgress one of those thoughts that was implanted in them. The majority of people are stupid, and the majority of that majority are violent. So you don't overload the circuits. You give people what they can handle. You make all the facts available but you also give them a minimum of a safety cap so the dopes won't go where they shouldn't by accident. And it also helps build some intellectual muscle to have to work for it a bit. I always thought every smart kid should go to Catholic school -- first to learn real rhetoric and logic, and then to learn the limits of one's teachers and transcend them.

So, yeah, the conveyor belt of academia is part of the betrayal, and one reason I'm not on it anymore.

But the main reason is there has been an industrialization of anti-intellectual demagoguery by the Right all in the service of lowering the top marginal rate with literally no heed for any human consideration.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• CNN's Chris Cillizza fact-checks the entirely false claim pushed by Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) that athletes have been "dropping dead on the field" due to the Covid-19 vaccine. #CNN #News
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJb9LtMj6MM
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Jesus the narratives are getting nuts. First it was just randos no one can name dying of the vaccine. Then nutjobs like John Stockton started saying that athletes no one can name are dying of the vaccine. Now athletes ON THE FIELD are dying of the vaccine. I mean look we can all pretend away that some people in some far away state may have died, that is hard to prove one way or another. If I say "Sam Smith in Nowheresville, OR died of the vaccine" no one will take the time to look or even notice. But if athletes were dying, during a game no less, people would ****ing see that. It would be everywhere, fellow athletes would be running all over the place professing it. There would be millions of videos of it. There would be no way to cover it up, the very Big Tech companies that azzholes like Ron Johnson hate would be spreading it like wildfire. We would see it in real ****ing time.

And sadly that still wont be enough. It is time we stopped pretending that we can break through to these people. They are lost, and we are better off without them.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is time we stopped pretending that we can break through to these people. They are lost, and we are better off without them.
              Nobody has done this since Dump won their nomination.. That was when the Republicans, in Maya's words, told us who they were. Since that instant the only plan for dealing with conservatives in America is to remove them from power, contain them, surveil them, and let them "reduce the stock" themselves.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Really...I know plenty that do. (including posters here)
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Nobody has done this since Dump won their nomination.. That was when the Republicans, in Maya's words, told us who they were. Since that instant the only plan for dealing with conservatives in America is to remove them from power, contain them, surveil them, and let them "reduce the stock" themselves.
                  Not so. Both Drew and Hovey think we need to reach out and embrace them, that our arrogance and snooty ways are what turns them away from what they would otherwise embrace wholeheartedly
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Not so. Both Drew and Hovey think we need to reach out and embrace them, that our arrogance and snooty ways are what turns them away from what they would otherwise embrace wholeheartedly
                    Hovey is speaking to you from their side of the aisle and should be ignored. He's one of the Lost Boys.

Drew is a confused person.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Maybe some promising news for the world coming out of all places- Texas- a patent free vaccine- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e0V..._channel=MSNBC

I hope this is true and effective!!! This would be amazing. This is something I would donate money to so that other countries can get an effective vaccine.

edit- this is from Texas Children's Hospital, which is part of Baylor U- here's their release- https://www.texaschildrens.org/texas...ures-emergency

And a wapost article- https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...covid-vaccine/

Maybe I don't remember seeing this posted a month ago, but this should be huge news.
                      Last edited by MichVandal; 01-28-2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I found this and this as a start.

From the latter:

So people in red states are more at risk. And within states, this lends support to the same effect by county:

I'm sure many statistical pieces will be written for the next 20 years quantifying how the Republicans are murdering their own voters. What we know right now is: they are.
                        Wait. Menominee went for biden?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Really...I know plenty that do. (including posters here)
                          If you're referring to me, you can stop. I never said that
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...accine-firing/
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Drew is a confused person.
                              LOL, that got a big chuckle out of me.

I really am just completely disgusted with Trumpism and people who support him. I wouldn’t say I’m all in with everything the left has to offer but they are so much better than the right at the minute.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

If you're referring to me, you can stop. I never said that
                                I wasn't. You just have a weird love affair with Joe Walsh ;^)

(kidding)
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X