Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

8th grade history. And she's not allowed to mention race.
    What does "not allowed to mention race" even mean? What kind of backwards school is this?

My son is in 8th grade, and race issues are certainly discussed in his classes (along with LGBTQ issues, and other things the Christian Taliban wishes they wouldn't), and he participates in a school sanctioned "civil rights team".

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      What does "not allowed to mention race" even mean? What kind of backwards school is this?
      Arizona. Her school district is advising teachers not to mention race in relation to any subject. So, you can talk about slavery, and you can talk about the triangle trade, and you can mention Africa, but you can't say "white people enslaved black people."

Her district is actually trying to protect their teachers from being sued under the current Republican dou-chbag anti-CRT insanity where if you make little Eric and Erika feel bad for being white you can be sued for $10k, which is about 25% the median teacher salary.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Arizona. Her school district is advising teachers not to mention race in relation to any subject. So, you can talk about slavery, and you can talk about the triangle trade, and you can mention Africa, but you can't say "white people enslaved black people."

Her district is actually trying to protect their teachers from being sued under the current Republican dou-chbag anti-CRT insanity where if you make little Eric and Erika feel bad for being white you can be sued for $10k, which is about 25% the median teacher salary.
        that's ****ed up

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the Arizona Supreme Court shot down as unconstitutional the "anti-CRT" law (or whatever they called it) a month or two ago?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

that's ****ed up
            Welcome to today's America.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Welp, my wife came back positive. So I'm off to get tested with my daughter tomorrow.
              Well ****...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I thought I read somewhere that the Arizona Supreme Court shot down as unconstitutional the "anti-CRT" law (or whatever they called it) a month or two ago?
                Districts would still tell teachers to avoid the subject until this nonsense goes away. Even if you are right this won't be the last time they try and you don't want to be the example they use...

WASPS are ****ing fragile twats.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Districts would still tell teachers to avoid the subject until this nonsense goes away. Even if you are right this won't be the last time they try and you don't want to be the example they use...

WASPS are ****ing fragile twats.
                  My god you guys are such martyrs. Except you aren't. Where is John Scopes when you need him.

The state boards of education and the local school boards get to set the rules for what you will or will not teach. By definition these institutions will have a conservative approach, teach the kids only what needs to be taught to get them past standardized tests, get them through the ACT or SAT exams. And they want to do it in a way where their meetings or homes aren't picketed.

If you don't like it, elect different school board members, or politicians who appoint the board of education and have them change the rules (they won't, by the way). Or, better yet, go teach at a university or open your own school and teach whatever you want.

But there won't be any guilty verdict or fine for Kepler's daughter, unlike with Mr. Scopes.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• So, basically what we're saying here is that it is perfectly legal for all the States to suppress a non-existent problem (CRT) by eliminating in History class the phrase whites enslaved blacks and replacing it with Europeans enslaved Africans?

Or maybe what I said is too racist as well. Who knows?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      So, basically what we're saying here is that it is perfectly legal for all the States to suppress a non-existent problem (CRT) by eliminating in History class the phrase whites enslaved blacks and replacing it with Europeans enslaved Africans?

Or maybe what I said is too racist as well. Who knows?
                      What I'm saying is that state boards of education and local school boards can decide what is going to be taught in their schools. If you go to work for them, you have to abide by their wishes, or risk termination. Their schools, their rules. You don't like it, change the school boards or the boards of education. Or go work somewhere else.

Comment

• Sister's sore throat finally faded after four or five days. Still can't smell or taste anything. Never had a fever.

Now we're stuck at home because the kid was a close contact of two different positive cases at his daycare. I predict that I'll be blowing all my time off on this this year.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• The WSJ finally gets one right: https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...08213?mod=e2tw
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

What I'm saying is that state boards of education and local school boards can decide what is going to be taught in their schools. If you go to work for them, you have to abide by their wishes, or risk termination. Their schools, their rules. You don't like it, change the school boards or the boards of education. Or go work somewhere else.
                            Don't complain when our 50 million-person national majority rolls in, changes the rules, and swamps all your 500-person local majorities. Our schools, our rules.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You put the Cirque de Soleil contortionists to shame. “How can I excuse this horrifically racist agenda without appearing to be racist?” Ah, I know! I’ll wrap myself in the US flag of libertarianism to hide what’s underneath!

What a crock. Nobody is going around banning the teaching of French just because it’s not needed to pass the SAT. There’s only one motivation for banning discussion of the history of racism, and that is to *ensure* that history repeats itself. Instituting policies that result in the perpetuation of treatment of some citizens as second class due to the color of their skin should be seen as a violation of minorities’ civil rights. And that is something that a local school board may not do, no matter how overwhelming or tyrannical the majority of voters in that district. The DOJ should start arresting school board members for these violations.

TLDR: Hovey says racism is cool so long as the majority agrees with it.
                              Last edited by LynahFan; 01-19-2022, 11:24 AM.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Don't complain when our 50 million-person national majority rolls in, changes the rules, and swamps all your 500-person local majorities. Our schools, our rules.
                                You going to attach the nationalization of public education language to that BBB bill?

Comment

Working...
                                X