Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sensing a trend: https://twitter.com/RachelBitecofer/...702719490?s=20

Comment

• Djokovic might be banned from the French Open as well.

I'm here for this karma.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Quick update: I’m home from work as I begin having symptoms last night (a cough, some bad muscle aches). Still waiting on our results as we couldn’t get rapid tests. Waited in a drive-up line for about two hours yesterday to get a test (which is what happens when your Republican led governments start closing testing sites).

Mostly just chilling in bed, drinking water and Sprite, dealing with a sore back, a dry throat and a little cough.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• A number of vaccinated in my company are getting Covid with mild symptoms, illness, etc. However, one of my co-workers is going through having his Mom in the hospital for the last 8 days with Covid on a respirator.

Is she vaccinated you ask? No. No she's not. Seems to me that wasn't a sound decision. I feel bad for my co-worker.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Guys, have you heard that Novax is simply guilty of a thoughtcrime? And that #AustraliaHasFallen and is now apparently Alcatraz? LMAO. Two things:

1. The "terrible precedent" set by Novax's deportation is no different from the days when "fresh off the boat" immigrants in some countries, including the US, were isolated and checked for lice and diseases before they were allowed in. Or countries that require certain vaccines before you can even get a visa.
            2.The irony of comparing a country that literally started as a penal colony for the UK's rejects to Alcatraz. ;-)

Comment

• By the way co-workers Mom is asthmatic. Her son who I work with is also. He got vaccinated right away cause he's already been on a respirator and he never wanted to ever again. But, would his mother listen to him? No.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Guys, have you heard that Novax is simply guilty of a thoughtcrime? And that #AustraliaHasFallen and is now apparently Alcatraz? LMAO. Two things:

1. The "terrible precedent" set by Novax's deportation is no different from the days when "fresh off the boat" immigrants in some countries, including the US, were isolated and checked for lice and diseases before they were allowed in. Or countries that require certain vaccines before you can even get a visa.
                2.The irony of comparing a country that literally started as a penal colony for the UK's rejects to Alcatraz. ;-)
                So now we have more reason to hope he can't go to France. To own the morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  By the way co-workers Mom is asthmatic. Her son who I work with is also. He got vaccinated right away cause he's already been on a respirator and he never wanted to ever again. But, would his mother listen to him? No.
                  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/inter...b6a4a2dc813d3d

Amazing article on people insisting they know more about a subject than their children that have actual expertise on said subject.

Lesson: propaganda works.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/inter...b6a4a2dc813d3d

Amazing article on people insisting they know more about a subject than their children that have actual expertise on said subject.

Lesson: propaganda works.
                    One sad part about that is that the group highlighted in that article are the ones who are the most affected adversely by the bad information. For this thread, they are the ones who are the most likely to get the most sick and die from COVID, along with some of group that will have some of the worst healthcare. Not to mention some of the worst health thanks to the misinformation.

And instead of changing minds, they will double down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      ericredaxe

I'm not sure where your school system is getting their guidance from, but to clear a few things up for you (maybe?):
                      • The "don't test within 90 days of a positive dx" is regarding PCR tests, which can show positive results long after you've beaten the virus and are no longer contagious. It is not in relation to rapid tests, which are a better measure of "am I contagious right now" (though not perfect).
                      • Hopefully the school knows the difference and can explain, but it would not suprise me if they're taking the CDC guidelines of "you're ok to resume life 5 days after symptom onset if you're vaccinated", but adding "and also have a negative rapid test". I don't know if this is clinically helpful or not.

I will absolutely echo the frustration with the CDC guidance and communication. They need to hire a dumbdumb who just constantly says "wait, you want me to do what? I don't get it" every time they try to issue new guidance. I've read the current recommendation set and I have a hard time thinking anyone - even those trying to do so in good faith - can properly follow them.
                      Thanks for the info - perhaps that is what the current guidance is. As of right now we are not in the situation so I'm just going to deal with it if it arises. We are all vaccinated and boosted so hopefully it just does not come up.

But - you are correct - i honestly get the impression that not even the school knows what they are doing with all of this.

Comment

• ****ing ****

just found out my wife's unit is being turned into a ****ing covid mental health unit.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• This.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            ****ing ****

just found out my wife's unit is being turned into a ****ing covid mental health unit.
                            Holy hell. It's worse than I thought. They're all active covid patients. I have no idea what this serves. It's not effective mental health treatment.

they're forcing therapists and mental health advocates to essentially become babysitters for people infected with COVID since beds in traditional covid units are full and they don't have a place to put these people. They think that four pages of PPE instructions is sufficient to train someone to handle a highly contagious disease. This is ****ing madness.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Well that doesn't sound positive...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Thanks for the info - perhaps that is what the current guidance is. As of right now we are not in the situation so I'm just going to deal with it if it arises. We are all vaccinated and boosted so hopefully it just does not come up.

But - you are correct - i honestly get the impression that not even the school knows what they are doing with all of this.
                                Best of luck man. I've talked a bunch about this with friends that are parents and the only thing I have any certainty of is that I'm really really glad I don't have kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X