Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
    I am sorry if that was the impression that my posts gave you.
    The Point:
    A rational person can make a rational decision that getting an influenza vaccination is not of enough significant benefit to them that they choose not to receive one. Despite all the differences between the viruses and their vaccines (lethality,morbidity, efficacy, SE, etc.), the same can be said about COVID-19 (albeit to a much less extent).

The Hypocrisy:
    I think that it's hypocritical to castigate/blame/preach at someone who made a similar choice not to get vaccinated for virus X when the castigator/blamer/preacher made the same choice with virus Y. YMMV

Please note that nothing I have said is concerning the spread of misinformation or making this a political issue. Those people, like DipShlt2020, deserve everything that can be thrown at them.

This is fantastic. I will be plagiarizing this in the future.

This is more words than I've posted in the past year. Back to lurking. Closing Remark:
    GET VACCINATED!
    Both would be better but some is better than none. Preventing just one viral pneumonia (of either type) frees up a bed that, despite what DipShlt2020 thinks, are currently in very short supply.
    Healthy people aren’t at risk, healthy people don’t take up hospital beds.

If you are fat/obese like 60% of Americans or have 4-6 comorbidities of Americans then yes you should probably consider the vaccine. And if you actually cared about yourself and others you would make an effort to improve your health.

On a secondary note why has all cause mortality not changed (for the better) this year compared last?

Comment

• Preprint. “Vaccine effectiveness against Omicron was 37% (95%CI, 19-50%) ≥7 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine for the third dose.”

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.21268565v1

Comment

• The double-vaccinated are almost twice as likely to be infected as unvaccinated people, data from Iceland shows. This is the same pattern as found in data from the U.K.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/01/09/...iceland-shows/

Comment

• STUDY: From mid-January to the end of June 2021, 48% of all hospitalized COVID patients may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild disease. Harvard, Tufts Medical Center, and the VA analyzed 50,000 COVID hospital admissions

https://www.researchsquare.com/artic...jbZoxIG64MmvZE

Comment

• Vaccine effectiveness goes down the drain Plummeting VE changes health care policy

https://vinayprasadmdmph.substack.co...Published=true

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
              On a secondary note why has all cause mortality not changed (for the better) this year compared last?
              I know you got hit in the head pretty much non stop in utero, but try to think about what was different in 2021 vs 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

I know you got hit in the head pretty much non stop in utero, but try to think about what was different in 2021 vs 2020.
                60% of the population is vaccinated in some capacity, almost the entire senior population is vaccinated.

We should have seen a vast improvement in all cause mortality in 2021 versus 2020. Instead they are the same.

Comment

Really? I think that might cause a bit too much pain. It also would assume the impossible- that there was an ability to believe anything was different from 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I am triple jabbed, so I no longer wear a mask unless a particular business requires it and/or still posts "Please Wear a Mask" on the front door (only because I'm not an a55hole). As I see it, I have done my part and unless the next mutation substantially increases the odds of death, I'm not going to be a COVID worrywart. If you are eligible then get your shots or risk suffering the consequences of your actions, because I am no longer going to inconvenience myself or go out of my way to protect you.
                    My wife and I are triple jabbed, too, but still wear our masks when in stores and such. We have a toddler at home, too young to be vaccinated. We have to protect her. Different situations create different actions.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

60% of the population is vaccinated in some capacity, almost the entire senior population is vaccinated.

We should have seen a vast improvement in all cause mortality in 2021 versus 2020. Instead they are the same.
                      I'll give you a hint, there are more differences than just the one. Keep going, and maybe don't post again until you figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        My wife and I are triple jabbed, too, but still wear our masks when in stores and such. We have a toddler at home, too young to be vaccinated. We have to protect her. Different situations create different actions.
                        Girlfriend and I do as well...no kid but parents have risks despite being jabbed.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Triple jabbed, but still wear a mask because I work in healthcare (AFC home), so does my roommate (patient transport- pushes wheelchairs and stretchers around a hospital).
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I'll give you a hint, there are more differences than just the one. Keep going, and maybe don't post again until you figure it out.
                            I don't see any possibility that he'll ever figure it out. The data has been pretty consistent that the unvaccinated (the minority) account for most of the deaths (somewhere between 7-10:1)- which is a big indicator of where it's coming from. Somehow data like that can't be used.

Even in New York, where it's 80/20ish vaccinated, it's still numerically 1/2 deaths. So 20% of the population is ~66% of the deaths.

Most of the resources and deaths are going to the unvaccinated minority of the public.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I am pretty much in the VAD camp, with a few reservations. I have worked 100% remotely since the start of all this, and I changed firms in part because I felt my new, much smaller firm would be back to on-site visits sooner than my former megafirm. I want to actually work with my clients in-person again, whenever they are ready to do so. I realize that some will probably never be ready and consider this change to their working relationship with consultants to be permanent, especially now that they haven't had to pay our travel expenses in almost 2 years. That's their choice, and for some projects it does work, but I feel a lot more gets accomplished in-person, even if it's just the first 1-2 weeks of kickoff and initial workshops to do planning and gather the requirements. I think eventually a majority of clients will see that and want us visiting again. I am burned out on Zoom, Teams, WebEx etc. and I haven't turned my camera on in months except for the rare occasion that I am obligated to. I am triple jabbed, so I no longer wear a mask unless a particular business requires it and/or still posts "Please Wear a Mask" on the front door (only because I'm not an a55hole). As I see it, I have done my part and unless the next mutation substantially increases the odds of death, I'm not going to be a COVID worrywart. If you are eligible then get your shots or risk suffering the consequences of your actions, because I am no longer going to inconvenience myself or go out of my way to protect you.
                              I personally am probably closer to what you are saying - maybe not 100% in the VAD camp but getting closer - mostly because I'm at the point of having no more ****s to give about the people choosing to not get the free, readily available vaccine. I still generally wear a mask when out (and 100% of the time if a city requires it or store requests it), I'm a bit selective about what i do (Examples: I've been to a couple of hockey games, but if the arena did not have the proof of vax or negative test requirement for entry I probably would not have gone. I stopped in at our local brewery last weekend, but when i arrived it was a bit too crowded for my taste / comfort, so I decided to pass. I'm choosing to not go see a band i really like since there is no safety protocols in place at the venue). I defintely do not want my kid's school to go remote and am not going to test my vaccinated / boosted / asymptomatic kids to protect the 35% - 40% of kids in their school choosing to not get vaccinated. And as you describe this could change for me if some future variant changes the risk situation.
                              Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-12-2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I personally am probably closer to what you are saying - maybe not 100% in the VAD camp but getting closer - mostly because I'm at the point of having no more ****s to give about the people choosing to not get the free, readily available vaccine. I still generally wear a mask when out (and 100% of the time if a city requires it or store requests it), I'm a bit selective about what i do (Examples: I've been to a couple of hockey games, but if the arena did not have the proof of vax or negative test requirement for entry I probably would not have gone. I stopped in at our local brewery last weekend, but when i arrived it was a bit too crowded for my taste / comfort, so I decided to pass. I'm choosing to not go see a band i really like since there is no safety protocols in place at the venue). I defintely do not want my kid's school to go remote and am not going to test my vaccinated / boosted / asymptomatic kids to protect the 35% - 40% of kids in their school choosing to not get vaccinated. And as you describe this could change for me if some future variant changes the risk situation.
                                At this point, I can't imagine asking people for more than this.

Omicron is so contagious that even strict lockdowns aren't really effective. Australia and Austria are two examples of this. Once it's "in", it's in. If your community has a low vaccination rate, your hospitals are going to get slaughtered. If you're in a high vaccination community, your hospitals are going to get very, very busy. The cake is baked.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X