Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

10 bucks says that these are the same people who don't get an annual flu shot.
    Also the same people that refuse to drive through a certain part of town, but also won't live in fear.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Also the same people that refuse to drive through a certain part of town, but also "won't live in fear*."
      * While justifying owning multiple firearms in the name of safety while fearing their wildest home invasion nightmare is minutes from happening at all times.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        * While justifying owning multiple firearms in the name of safety while fearing their wildest home invasion nightmare is minutes from happening at all times.
        Like the roving meth gangs of North Dakota? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Problem one is that they have to accept there is a pandemic in the first place. Since most can't get past that, it's hard for them to extrapolate to needing a hospital- let alone one fo them.
          And yet, when they get sick, they still go to one. And expect the staff to save them.

No, they beg and plead with the staff to save them. And when the staff says, "there's nothing more we can do", they lash out and attack them.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

"My robust immune system will protect me", says the obese, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetic, perfect specimen of God.

Comment

Like the roving meth gangs of North Dakota? ;-)
              Ummm, that would be "roving gangs of zombie meth heads"

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

And yet, when they get sick, they still go to one. And expect the staff to save them.

No, they beg and plead with the staff to save them. And when the staff says, "there's nothing more we can do", they lash out and attack them.
                On that time line, when do the sue to get the dewormer?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

On that time line, when do the sue to get the dewormer?
                  Right after the doctor tells them what drugs he will be using to treat their illness. "But I want Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine!!! The same stuff I was taking at home before I got admitted here."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The author is a moron. I might except her premise more if she didn't pretend she knew how teachers in all blue areas felt. I get why she feels Cleveland is wrong and she should stick to that instead of acting like she knows better than all Democrats anywhere.

(for example teachers in my Blue City would prefer to be in her style of hybrid which is why there is an unprecedented amount of job openings...and well we know how Chicago Teachers feel)

I never buy when anyone says "I was a Dem until..." just like I don't buy when people suddenly quit being Trumpers. If all it took was one thing to change your mind you never were one to begin with. If you admit you would have sat out the Virginia Gubernatorial Election despite the fact that the GOPer running was basically destroying education using race as a cause then you aren't a Democrat and honestly you aren't someone I want to associate with. Rationalize it all you want you are the problem not the solution. She is one of the "Dems" that likely chose not to vote for Hillary because "both candidates sucked". I don't like people who don't understand the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Look none of us want kids to be stuck at home, school is important and all measures should have been taken to make schools safe. They weren't. Republicans blocked vaccine mandates and mask mandates basically making it a disease factory. The older the school (or more urban) the less likely they have the ventilation systems needed (or the money to upgrade them) to prevent spread. Class sizes were not lowered to allow for more social distancing because most buildings dont have the capacity to do that. (which is why often the hybrid model is the best to cut down on the amount of rooms needed per day) Why is it ok to let schools be The Wild West? Why do we have to protect the kids but not the teachers and support staff? Better yet, why are people pretending this isn't leading to problems for kids and the disease. Oh and of course the inconvenient truth this teacher seems to ignore, that kids are asymptomatic carriers.

I think there is a lot wrong with how the disease is discussed, I think the media is making things a thousand times worse than it needs to be and I think the author is correct that trying to have a nuanced discussion usually is met with derision by the feeble minded. That doesn't make her arrogant assertions any better though. And in the absence of states, counties, cities and districts doing what they were supposed to do and make the schools safer for kids and teachers, logic dictates that you do what is best for everyone, not just her the kids. Otherwise all you are going to do is end up with schools filled with kids and no teachers to teach them...the GOP wet dream.

note: My gf runs a virtual academy in our district. The school is only supposed to be for a few students who opt out of mainstream education. Parents in our area have been pulling their kids out of the in person schools and putting them in her school in large waves. They don't want their kids getting sick and know the schools aren't set up to protect them. Teachers and administrators in the district are quitting or having breakdowns at surprising levels. A principal literally walked out. Our mayor (a ****wit who I am contemplating running against because he uses God to define his politics) attacked the districts openly over a mandate that never happened or even really discussed. There is no money and everything is failing. So I fully admit I have a bias against everything that teacher is saying because all evidence I see says she is full of ****ing horse[bleep].
                    This entire post is right on the money. There are plenty of people who don’t want to shutdown schools but have no solutions to keep them open. And you’re completely right that it gets completely overlooked at a lot of kids are happier with school online and a lot of parents prefer it when Covid is bad. The Atlantic has a lot of good stuff but they’ve had some genuine clunkers lately as well.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      it gets completely overlooked at a lot of kids are happier with school online
                      Yeah, because they can slack off more easily. ;-)

Comment

• Easy peasy.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Hit 'em where it counts.

Can we require vaccination to get ammo?

Comment

• You can, but I doubt if the gun shop owners will follow them.

Comment

I wouldn't touch this bet. I would, however, put up said $10 that more than a few who are preaching at and shaming others for not getting the COVID vaccine have not received a flu vaccine.
                              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

• The Covid “vaccine” appears to be as ****ty as the flu vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                                X