Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Just don’t close bars or restaurants: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/04/b...-pandemic.html
    Aren't you one that doesn't want to close schools? Can't deal with masking your kid?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Then stop using any technology at all, including ANY drugs at all. You are no longer allowed to go to a modern doctor.

And Twitter does not exist under God's creation- that's certainly not part of the Book of Genesis.

Seems that someone is getting desperate making this a God or nothing thing.... When are they going to use the 2nd Amendment to say that vaccines are wrong?
      Can't use 2A. God didn't create guns.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I can't read that as it's blocked- but I'm assuming it's about how bad the separation has been for kids, right?

Which completely ignores the things kids can do that are fine, and they have not been doing for a long time- like just being outside. Camping, hiking, etc- all that fun stuff us old people did as kids OUTSIDE.

I'm tired of everyone complaining that we can't do X as if there's no other thing we can do than X which also happens to be fine to do. For us, not being able to take a cruise meant that we now have a freaking camper that we love to be in.

It's tiring that people flat out refuse to find alternatives and whine all day long about it.
        I am also not able to read the article, but I can say with 100% certainty that the remote learning and the lack of social interaction with peers was much more damaging to my kids than when they actually contracted covid... and we are a family that have been fortunate enough to be in a position where one of us could take extra time off to help with school, take them hiking, skating, skiing etc etc and overall keep them occupied as best we could. That is not the same as being in school and simply having the opportunity to play with or hang out with friends. I can't imagine what it was like for kids in less fortunate families who were in a situation where the parents had no choice but to head out to work and leave the kids at home with spotty internet and a school issued chromebook all day (or worse in even less fortunate situations)

Comment

• Out of curiosity, who on the board has actually had Covid? I'm not sure it has ever been discussed but I'd be curious to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I am also not able to read the article, but I can say with 100% certainty that the remote learning and the lack of social interaction with peers was much more damaging to my kids than when they actually contracted covid... and we are a family that have been fortunate enough to be in a position where one of us could take extra time off to help with school, take them hiking, skating, skiing etc etc and overall keep them occupied as best we could. That is not the same as being in school and simply having the opportunity to play with or hang out with friends. I can't imagine what it was like for kids in less fortunate families who were in a situation where the parents had no choice but to head out to work and leave the kids at home with spotty internet and a school issued chromebook all day (or worse in even less fortunate situations)
            Fair enough- but what should we do about it? We talk about the children a lot, with people like jebbers claiming that there is no harm. Even if it's minor, there's an issue. More important, though, what about the teachers? Kids spread stuff all the time, and seeing how many flights have been canceled due to sick pilots and flight attendants- seems that the same issue will turn up with teachers.

So either you do remote schooling with teachers, or you get forced school off. Neither is a good choice, but one is better than the other.

Comment

Out of curiosity, who on the board has actually had Covid? I'm not sure it has ever been discussed but I'd be curious to see.
              I had it a year ago September before vaccine and had a ton of neuro issues. It’s been an expensive blast

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I don't know who Seth Meyers is, but he's got the 'VID.
                Of course you don't. You haven't watched SNL since 1976 or any late night program since 1991, because that's when they stopped being funny. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I had it a year ago September before vaccine and had a ton of neuro issues. It’s been an expensive blast
                  Hopefully all better at this point.

Our experience was once raccines had started rolling out but I was not eligible yet. No idea how it got into our house - no known exposure. For me it was feeling cruddy and achy for a few days. My older son ran a fever for a night, my younger son had virtually no symptoms. Inexplicably my wife never got it when the rest of the family did but, looking back, we think she may have had it back in Feb of 2020 about a month before everything hit the fan here in the US. She was as under the weather as I have ever seen her for several days. Of course at the time we never even considered it could be Covid since it was not in the US yet - no way of knowing but it might help explain why she did not get it when the rest of us did.

Comment

Our experience was once raccines had started rolling out but I was not eligible yet. No idea how it got into our house - no known exposure. For me it was feeling cruddy and achy for a few days. My older son ran a fever for a night, my younger son had virtually no symptoms. Inexplicably my wife never got it when the rest of the family did but, looking back, we think she may have had it back in Feb of 2020 about a month before everything hit the fan here in the US. She was as under the weather as I have ever seen her for several days. Of course at the time we never even considered it could be Covid since it was not in the US yet - no way of knowing but it might help explain why she did not get it when the rest of us did.
                    I never had a cold or flu symptom really- had paresthesia, horrible GI distress, fever every afternoon

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Of course you don't. You haven't watched SNL since 1976 or any late night program since 1991, because that's when they stopped being funny. ;-)
                      I've been watching SNL pretty regularly since 2016 (and it's been okay) but I couldn't tell you who any of the cast are except Keenan.

Never watched late night unless Colbert / Stewart counts. Not to knock it; just not my thing.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Right, but you're one of the people who doesn't get really, really sick. If your kid gives it to another kid in his class who brings it home to his parent who has cancer, that's kind of a ****ing problem. If your kid contracts covid, they should be held out of school regardless of whethe3r they are symptomatic or not.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

How would you know SNL is no longer funny if you don't watch? Not only has this season been quite good, but go back and watch a full episode their heydeys - every episode had a few turd skits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

How would you know SNL is no longer funny if you don't watch? Not only has this season been quite good, but go back and watch a full episode their heydeys - every episode had a few turd skits.
                            Yes, this. The best thing about the episodes with no obvious all star (like Kate, who has been gone lately) is they don't build every skit as either (1) their showcase or (2) consolation for the also rans. It's more even. Also, the host becomes more of the star -- several hosts this year have gotten a real work out and been up to it.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-05-2022, 06:47 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

It was a joke at Kep for always stating things should’ve never changed past 1960. The AL and NL should only be eight teams, the worst thing the NHL did was cross the Mississippi, etc.

SNL has been good this year. I think it helps that Trump is out. When the absurd becomes reality, suddenly SNL isn’t satire as much as a paraphrased recap. That loses its steam after awhile. It also helps Kate has been out. Allowed for more of the cast to be the main in sketches.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I'm glad you guys didn't have serious issues!

My girlfriend also got really sick around that time. Similar-to-Covid symptoms. Who knows, it may have been. But considering how insanely transmissible even the OG version was, I have a real hard time believing that Covid was circulating so widely here in January/February 2020 before it was properly noticed. Unless you travel to China, anyway. That was a particularly bad winter for upper respiratory infections; I got sick twice actually, in December and January.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X