Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Well, the vaccination does significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization and death....

But I'm not sure what you are asking. Is it questioning if parents really want to include their kid in the testing pool?
    I wouldn't. It's the South Africa effect - it's doubtful omicron originated there; they just were the first to detect it because of their testing program. They were immediately isolated by the international community because of that. You're punishing the responsible. Why would I voluntarily get my asymptomatic kids tested if it will just mean they get kicked out of school for 2 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Parents don't want a home schooling program in place. That's the point you keep continuing to miss.

How does the CDC, or anyone, do the things necessary to end this thing, given the opposition of so many government leaders, busineses, and yes, ordinary people, in intense opposition to taking those steps? I mean, you've seen the reports of these school board meetings, correct? The ones where the parents absolutely oppose the school board mandating masking, contact tracing, quarantining, and at home learning. Even in my small little town.

You've seen this ****, right? So, how does the CDC, or anyone you believe has the power to fix this, do it?
      It’s an excuse for him to ***** about the current admin. All while he himself still supports leaders who encourage and enable all this stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

It’s an excuse for him to ***** about the current admin. All while he himself still supports leaders who encourage and enable all this stupidity
        Which current leaders do I supposedly support?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Which current leaders do I supposedly support?
          You are quite vocal about your support for some R leaders. There are no R leaders left who don’t enable this dumbing down of America

Comment

You are quite vocal about your support for some R leaders. There are no R leaders left who don’t enable this dumbing down of America
            Who? There literally isn’t one.

Edit: Joe Biden is the first politician I’ve ever donated money to and I like him a lot but I’m very underwhelmed with what has happened the last nine months. We should be in a lot better place.
            Last edited by Drew S.; 01-01-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• And you continue to pretend like you don't know why.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• He can’t be serious after stanning for that hag who waves at airports when she’s not snatching womens rights

Comment

He can’t be serious after stanning for that hag who waves at airports when she’s not snatching womens rights
                  What would your existence be without politics?

Your worship of these people as Gods and Demons is quite pathetic.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 01-01-2022, 09:59 PM.

Comment

The issue with the masks is all the mixed messaging. If you go back to last spring the CDC completely bottled it. They went all in on the vaccines and gave up on everything else.m
                    Ed Yong from The Atlantic just made this exact same point but what would he know?

Comment

Who? There literally isn’t one.

Edit: Joe Biden is the first politician I’ve ever donated money to and I like him a lot but I’m very underwhelmed with what has happened the last nine months. We should be in a lot better place.
                      Again - you are shooting at the wrong target. Joe Biden isn’t the problem. The majority of the problem lies with the nitwits in the other party that you have historically supported.

Comment

Ed Yong from The Atlantic just made this exact same point but what would he know?
                        The mixed messaging for the masks is the repeated news that cloth masks are not effective. Even though they are. Not 100%, but not 0, either. The think the haters are latching on is that the required load for Omicron is so much different that the omicron vs cloth mask is worse than previous tests vs no mask. So it make it appear that the single layer cloth mask is less than beneficial. But it's still better than nothing. Especially if both the person with the virus and the person without have one.

Then again, when this all started 2 years ago, all of the research pointed at two layers of cloth- of different materials. Which would give you 80-90% effectiveness to reduce the loading. Not as good as an N95, but certainly better than nothing.

Basically, the anti news is trying to undermine any thing that helps. Again. Hardly a surprise- they are also the ones that claim that since vaccines are not 100% effective, people should not bother getting them. Even though the rates of hospitalization and death are many times lower with the vaccine.

The whole confusion BS is totally because there is no perfect solution, which means they are easy targets for anyone thinking they don't want to do it- vaccines, social distancing, masking, etc- none of them are perfect, so they become targets even though they are clearly effective. (just remember how few colds and flu's people have had over the last 24 months- and the cold is insanely transmittable)

Comment

The mixed messaging for the masks is the repeated news that cloth masks are not effective. Even though they are. Not 100%, but not 0, either. The think the haters are latching on is that the required load for Omicron is so much different that the omicron vs cloth mask is worse than previous tests vs no mask. So it make it appear that the single layer cloth mask is less than beneficial. But it's still better than nothing. Especially if both the person with the virus and the person without have one.

Then again, when this all started 2 years ago, all of the research pointed at two layers of cloth- of different materials. Which would give you 80-90% effectiveness to reduce the loading. Not as good as an N95, but certainly better than nothing.

Basically, the anti news is trying to undermine any thing that helps. Again. Hardly a surprise- they are also the ones that claim that since vaccines are not 100% effective, people should not bother getting them. Even though the rates of hospitalization and death are many times lower with the vaccine.

The whole confusion BS is totally because there is no perfect solution, which means they are easy targets for anyone thinking they don't want to do it- vaccines, social distancing, masking, etc- none of them are perfect, so they become targets even though they are clearly effective. (just remember how few colds and flu's people have had over the last 24 months- and the cold is insanely transmittable)
                          Healthy people without symptoms of illness or disease do not need to wear a mask.

No one is wearing a masks, maybe 10% but even that is high. Not even older people.

Only zealots are still participating in the charade. The gig is up.

Myth #5:
                          Cloth mask mandates are effective.

Reality: The most comprehensive study to date, by the European CDC, demonstrated that almost all papers supporting cloth mask use were of low evidentiary value, and most exhibited signs of bias. The WHO admitted that its reversal on mask efficacy was politically motivated. There is no sign in the international epidemic data of mask efficacy. Behavioural science teams have been revealed to have deployed masks as a tool of psychological warfare (to increase compliance with public health measures). Masking as source control is inconsistent with aerosol transmission.
                          Last edited by Jeb2020; 01-02-2022, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Having jebber on ignore makes it so that I can't read what was posted, but a guess would be a claim that masks are dangerous and bad for people- sewing more confusion and whatnot. Just like I posted.

Not sure what they get out of killing people, but everything they say is to make people think that effective things to prevent the spread and thus hospitalizations and deaths are not worth doing. Even though they are, and the reduction is measurably significant (some times many times over).

All of the confusion is from disinformation fighting the news. For what end, I still don't know since they are losing their own voters at a pretty alarming rate.

Comment

Joe Biden is the first politician I've ever donated money to and I like him a lot but I'm very underwhelmed with what has happened the last nine months. We should be in a lot better place.
                              I don't know what else he could have done, without precipitating a civil war, given the violent and unreasoning opposition to science and medicine that exists on the Right.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Having jebber on ignore makes it so that I can't read what was posted, but a guess would be a claim that masks are dangerous and bad for people- sewing more confusion and whatnot. Just like I posted.

Not sure what they get out of killing people, but everything they say is to make people think that effective things to prevent the spread and thus hospitalizations and deaths are not worth doing. Even though they are, and the reduction is measurably significant (some times many times over).

All of the confusion is from disinformation fighting the news. For what end, I still don't know since they are losing their own voters at a pretty alarming rate.
                                Honk
                                None is obligated to participate with someone else’s psychosis. ​

Comment

Working...
                                X