Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

See everyone? Jeb’s response is a perfect example of what I am saying.

How far are you willing to inconvenience yourself to protect people like this?
    Honk^

Comment

See everyone? Jeb’s response is a perfect example of what I am saying.

Comment

Exactly. The system, as currently set up, punishes those who choose to do the right thing by getting vaccinated more than those who do not.
        I strongly disagree. They could be potentially saving you from getting sick or one of your family member’s from dying. I think you are looking at it all wrong.

Your kids are a lot more resilient than you’re giving them credit for. Being out of school for a bit isn’t going to change the course of their life. And you should be mad at Baker and that **** Reilly for not allowing schools to have a proper system in place for when kids are quarantining. They’ve hurt kids more than anyone else in this pandemic.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Myth #5:
          Cloth mask mandates are effective.

Reality: The most comprehensive study to date, by the European CDC, demonstrated that almost all papers supporting cloth mask use were of low evidentiary value, and most exhibited signs of bias. The WHO admitted that its reversal on mask efficacy was politically motivated. There is no sign in the international epidemic data of mask efficacy. Behavioural science teams have been revealed to have deployed masks as a tool of psychological warfare (to increase compliance with public health measures). Masking as source control is inconsistent with aerosol transmission.

Comment

• Take your chances, but leave a trail of bread crumbs so you can get back to reality.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Myth #2:
              Everyone is susceptible (immunologically naive).

Reality: Pre-existing or cross-immunity is widespread, and moreover children almost universally enjoy robust innate immunity.

Comment

• Myth #7:
                Asymptomatic transmission is a driver of the epidemic.

Reality: Primary evidence suggests the opposite is the case—that asymptomatic infected people share small innocula, acting beneficially to spread and boost immune recognition. Asymptomatic cases are very rarely index cases in disease transmission, and somewhat less rarely of infection transmission.

Comment

We aren't protecting the Jebs. They don't matter; they have no value.

We are protecting valuable people who medically can't get vaxxed, and we are protecting the entire human population by trying to contain COVID before it mutates into a form that is beyond our ability to counter with our current level of medicine.

We are asymptotically approaching the ideal: the human population is vaccinated, and/or protected by good social behaviors, while the zombie population are quite literally killing themselves in a childishly spiteful self-pity party. The morons are self-genociding because they are morons. It's Darwin's middle finger to the derps.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I am questioning how far those of us who have done the right thing all along are willing to go to protect those who are choosing to not take the free, easily available vaccine.
                    You are no hero Kemosabe

Myth #10:
                    The vaccines materially prevent transmission.

Reality: By their very mechanism of action, injectable vaccines cannot and do not materially prevent transmission. This is not even a claim made by their manufacturers, but by politicians and conflicted scientists. There is no evidence for transmission reduction in the international epidemic data. The “greater good” argument is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The issue with the masks is all the mixed messaging. If you go back to last spring the CDC completely bottled it. They went all in on the vaccines and gave up on everything else. They made promises that were based on assumptions that were shockingly optimistic. If they would have been more forthright I don’t think we would be in the position we are right now.

I think you’re way too focused on the hardcore Covid deniers and not the people who are somewhere in the middle on Covid. These are in the majority and the ones we need to get wearing masks and taking other precautions.

If/when we get a handle on Covid again there needs to be some sort of reasonable plan to keep a lid on things. Like I said in my other post 10k cases a day is both manageable and reasonable. To do this need tons of testing and make people take precautions if they’ve been exposed. More than anything else needs to be clear and honest messaging.
                      They made decisions based on what they knew at the time, and what they hoped people would do. Again, what more could they do in the face of governments and courts ruling against mask mandates, ruling against lockdowns, saying no to every common sense solution we had to beat this thing? What should they have done? And then, just how do you implement that so people would do it?

How were they to know that people are even more stupid, more stubborn, more childish, and more delusional than they were assuming? And what do you do to fix that? Again, no solutions from you.

I think you’re way too focused on the hardcore Covid deniers and not the people who are somewhere in the middle on Covid. These are in the majority and the ones we need to get wearing masks and taking other precautions.
                      make people take precautions if they’ve been exposed.
                      Again, how? And just who are these people "somewhere in the middle about Covid"? Are they the same as the fabled, mythical "independent voter"?
                      Last edited by rufus; 01-01-2022, 02:17 PM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        As Texas begs for federal help, they’ve just gotten a court to strike down a mask mandate

https://twitter.com/fpwellman/status...199229955?s=21
                        Drew? Your solution?

What should the CDC do? Was it their "mixed messaging" at fault?

Comment

Everything about the Trump admin’s response was a complete disaster, there are no two ways about that. With that being said, the Biden admin had a great chance to really keep Covid under control and they blew it through confusing messaging and lots of wishful thinking.
                          It's pretty easy to get a handle on virus spread when there's only like a few hundred or a few thousand cases total.

It's a lot harder when there are millions of people throughout the country infected, many of them not even knowing they are.

Again, your solution? One that people will actually follow?

Comment

I strongly disagree. They could be potentially saving you from getting sick or one of your family member’s from dying. I think you are looking at it all wrong.

Your kids are a lot more resilient than you’re giving them credit for. Being out of school for a bit isn’t going to change the course of their life. And you should be mad at Baker and that **** Reilly for not allowing schools to have a proper system in place for when kids are quarantining. They’ve hurt kids more than anyone else in this pandemic.
                            Parents don't want a home schooling program in place. That's the point you keep continuing to miss.

How does the CDC, or anyone, do the things necessary to end this thing, given the opposition of so many government leaders, busineses, and yes, ordinary people, in intense opposition to taking those steps? I mean, you've seen the reports of these school board meetings, correct? The ones where the parents absolutely oppose the school board mandating masking, contact tracing, quarantining, and at home learning. Even in my small little town.

You've seen this ****, right? So, how does the CDC, or anyone you believe has the power to fix this, do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Parents don't want a home schooling program in place. That's the point you keep continuing to miss.

How does the CDC, or anyone, do the things necessary to end this thing, given the opposition of so many government leaders, busineses, and yes, ordinary people, in intense opposition to taking those steps? I mean, you've seen the reports of these school board meetings, correct? The ones where the parents absolutely oppose the school board mandating masking, contact tracing, quarantining, and at home learning. Even in my small little town.

You've seen this ****, right? So, how does the CDC, or anyone you believe has the power to fix this, do it?
                              It’s over. How do you not see this?

It’s been over for a year people have moved on.

5-10% of the population is clinging to this hoping it will continue. These are the Covidians, the people that will get a 4th shot the second they can.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X