Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• https://mobile.***********/cwt_news/...57029150986241

“nobody said the vaccine prevents infection and transmission!”

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Took my first in home rapid COVID test today. Thankfully it was negative. I bought two of them on a whim yesterday. Now that I can pretty much rule out COVID, I need to figure out why I’m really lightheaded.
        Keep in mind, the at home tests have shown to only catch about 60-70% of covid cases in positive people. They'll only detect it when enough of the virus is present in your nose. They're excellent for public health, really ****ty for personal health.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Took my first in home rapid COVID test today. Thankfully it was negative. I bought two of them on a whim yesterday. Now that I can pretty much rule out COVID, I need to figure out why I’m really lightheaded.
          My daughter and her fiance took them to be sure when they had cold symptoms (both negative). The way they work is interesting. Science is so freaking cool.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

My daughter and her fiance took them to be sure when they had cold symptoms (both negative). The way they work is interesting. Science is so freaking cool.
            When I first saw it, I screamed out in joy. It was no different than the silica gel plates we ran in o-chem. Very cool.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• "Listen, we all hoped and prayed the vaccines would be 100 percent effective, 100 percent safe, but they're not. We now know that fully vaccinated individuals can catch Covid, they can transmit Covid. So what's the point?" - Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I would say someone should show him the numbers of other vaccines...but that ****wit can't read numbers.

What an embarrassment to the University of Minnesota...not so much Edina he fits in there ;^)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I would say someone should show him the numbers of other vaccines...but that ****wit can't read numbers.

What an embarrassment to the University of Minnesota...not so much Edina he fits in there ;^)
                  Did not realize he was a Minnesota grad. Sad. Oh,yeah, he fits Edina perfectly.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Keep in mind, the at home tests have shown to only catch about 60-70% of covid cases in positive people. They'll only detect it when enough of the virus is present in your nose. They're excellent for public health, really ****ty for personal health.
                    May be that it hasn’t moved to nose yet- throat swab or saliva seems to be better with new variant

unrelated I did not know this

https://***********/chriswblackwell/...498228736?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Did not realize he was a Minnesota grad. Sad. Oh,yeah, he fits Edina perfectly.
                      How does he fit Edina? Because he’s highly educated?

no, he fits in perfectly where he was born- Mankato. Edina ain’t exactly a bastion of anti vaxxers.

Comment

• He walked 18. New league record.

The moving seven-day average of new cases was 265,427 as of Tuesday, surpassing the previous peak of 251,989 set in mid-January 2021, a tracker maintained by the university showed.

Ahead of Johns Hopkins releasing the data, Harvard epidemiologist and immunologist Michael Mina tweeted the count was likely the "tip of the iceberg" with the true number of cases likely far higher, because of a shortage of tests and results from home tests not being included.
                        So, let's say the real number is 1 million. A million cases a day -- 1 in 330 Americans.

Thanks, Dumpies.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2021, 11:01 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

May be that it hasn’t moved to nose yet- throat swab or saliva seems to be better with new variant

unrelated I did not know this

https://***********/chriswblackwell/...498228736?s=21
                          Right.

(The rest isn't so much directed at you since you know this better than me.).

The problem with the home tests is that they aren't meaty as sensitive as the PCR. PCR has a relatively wider detection window (on both ends of the curve). It can pick it up a day or so earlier and detect it several days later. The problem is it takes 1-2 days for a standard PCR test for turnaround which isn't super helpful if you need an answer now. You can pay for a same day guaranteed PCR, but my god they are expensive and not covered by insurance.

So if you want to make sure the sniffles you haven't aren't going to kill grandma, it's much better to get a PCR, but only when you need to be tested and have a definitive answer. If you're a state health department (or even any government body looking to make decisions or get a picture of the health of the community) you want everyone taking an at home test at least a couple times a week.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            He walked 18. New league record.

So, let's say the real number is 1 million. A million cases a day -- 1 in 330 Americans.

Thanks, Dumpies.
                            Mina is an interesting follow. I like that he's pushing for at home test programs. But I think he sometimes gets a little Eric-ding-alarmist (no one should be following Eric Ding anymore... yeesh) every so often. I had to unfollow him for a bit because it got a bit too much at times.

They all have agendas for better or worse. Everyone does. You just have to learn what they are and understand what their actual motives are. Mina is almost certainly right about home tests being key. I'm just not sure we have or will have the capacity by the end of January when this thing will burn itself out. That should have been done January 2021.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

How does he fit Edina? Because he’s highly educated?

no, he fits in perfectly where he was born- Mankato. Edina ain’t exactly a bastion of anti vaxxers.
                              Oh please you are a transplant you don't get to take offense. ;^) Plus they likely consider you Minneapolis anyways :^p (and you are from Mahtomedhi!)

Edina is filled with "look at me!" White Folks with too much money and too big an ego. I mean they sell shirts that say Every Day I Need Attention because they embrace it. The richer they are the more full of crap they are.

To be fair though these days Wayzata and Maple Grove are zooming right past Edina and Minnetonka laps them!
                              Last edited by Handyman; 12-29-2021, 02:36 PM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh I take no offense, I’m not from here. Your last paragraph was my point- wayzata tonka MG and I’d even say Plymouth are just as bad/surpassing.

between diversity ruining Edina schools and the car jackings, it’s fallen from grace!

Comment

Working...
                                X