Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Talking about West World is bringing my bile to the surface over Season Three. Which could have been fabulous. Instead they ruined it much like they ruined GOT. Both of which first seasons cannot be topped IMO.
    WW S3 proved to me that the genius was not Jonathan Nolan, he just lucked into S1. Somebody left and it all went to sh-t.

The writing is so subtle and beautiful in S1, and the characterizations are perfect. The plot arc, meh, whatever, but it's what was done within it.

S2 was a cash grab but okay they earned it.

S3 was pure garbage. It was the revenge of the kind of person who found the themes and ideas in S1 "pretentious" or "too meta."

Sometimes high brow things are high brow. Sometimes aspirational fiction is genuinely fascinating. If it makes you feel small, that's good. We are small. There's so much to learn and so many ways to grow and 99.99999999% of our culture is clambering for us to be stupid and buy things. It's good that once in a while somebody kicks you in your head and screams "wakey-wakey" in your ear, and if that scares you or gives you the sad feewies that's your deficiency, not its.

I want art I can't totally understand. Why bother constantly just recycling your own excretions? Get beyond your self!

Last edited by Kepler; 12-28-2021, 03:09 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I think it's more they had an idea, it worked for two seasons, and then they just didn't know where else they coould go. So, let's just blow **** up.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I think it's more they had an idea, it worked for two seasons, and then they just didn't know where else they coould go. So, let's just blow **** up.
        It's the power of being the writer(s). You get to decide. Unless there is someone higher up rejecting idea after idea and you have to cave on your ideas. Ultimately as consumers we don't get to write the stories, we just get to critique them.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's the power of being the writer(s). You get to decide. Unless there is someone higher up rejecting idea after idea and you have to cave on your ideas. Ultimately as consumers we don't get to write the stories, we just get to critique them.
          Yeah, and these writers had no idea where to go with their story. So you got season three.

Whereas season three of The Deuce was terrific. Cause they had good writers(same creative group as did The Wire)

Edit: I just went to IMDB to look back on that final season. One of the trivia bits for the final episode says that the final scene was the very first thing that series creators David Simon and George Pelecanos wrote when they decided to do the show.
          Last edited by rufus; 12-28-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Yeah, and these writers had no idea where to go with their story. So you got season three.

Whereas season three of The Deuce was terrific. Cause they had good writers(same creative group as did The Wire)
            No, they had an idea. It just didn't jive with mine. Or any of their other fans for that matter.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No, they had an idea. It just didn't jive with mine. Or any of their other fans for that matter.
              Sure. A bad idea.

Comment

• lmao

https://mobile.***********/ForTheGre...95962006286336

Comment

Talking about West World is bringing my bile to the surface over Season Three. Which could have been fabulous. Instead they ruined it much like they ruined GOT. Both of which first seasons cannot be topped IMO.
                  I thought season 2 was a big drop from one and I was not as high on one as all of you on here.

the leftovers is one if the ones they didn’t ruin thank god. Three great seasons, then done.

Comment

• Well no sh*t

Boost up!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I thought season 2 was a big drop from one and I was not as high on one as all of you on here.

the leftovers is one if the ones they didn’t ruin thank god. Three great seasons, then done.
                        I thought the second season was a bit weaker, but it made up for it with the last one.

Comment

• Why have only 30% of those eligible for a booster gotten one?

Comment

• Took my first in home rapid COVID test today. Thankfully it was negative. I bought two of them on a whim yesterday. Now that I can pretty much rule out COVID, I need to figure out why I’m really lightheaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

So? My sympathy ended a while ago. They PLAN on shooting to protect their freedumbs. Game on. But, I guess it’s just a matter of who gets shot. People trying to live by the rules or spreadnecks breaking them.
                              I dont care if they shoot each other...but that isn't what I am saying. Innocents die in mass casualty events.

Mr. Robot's last season was so atrocious (actually most of the last 2 seasons) I honestly wish I never watched any of it. They had zero idea what they were doing and thought if they just kept adding stupid layers people would think it was genius. It wasn't. The finale was so pathetic I honestly can't even remember it anymore.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• This ad is true, but so effing sad. I hate this country. Get the jab or you may go bankrupt!

https://***********/cdcgov/status/14...812974595?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                X