Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’m very skeptical how much less severe it is. Like if it’s 1% less it really isn’t much of a help.
    Wow, you sound almost as concerned as your favorite Senator.

Comment

• We've still got what, two weeks before we know how bad the hospitalization to case ratio is? I can't remember when omicron really got started. First of December?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Forgot to quote so I may be a bit off. Have to agree with who ever it was (Drew?) that said there is a subset of the population that just follows the rules. One of my parents and my FIL- are 2. If the mask is required they will wear it otherwise, if it is not required then it just mean there isn't a need to wear it. My FIL is just oblivious. We told him go get a Booster. He did it. If we hadn't he wouldn't have thought of it.

I agree with the financial piece- if you have not been medically advised to not take the vaccine then increased premiums, exclusion of coverage, etc.
        And when they start rationing (which they will, and are already)- if you weren't vaxed then you go to the back of the line.

Watching the news as I type. Lists and lists of bad #s and we still have no leadership as far blanket requirement of wearing masks, needing vax to go places.

We are going to see a collapse of the healthcare system- that is pretty evident. What no one is talking about--huge burden, long term, on multiple fronts-
        -healthcare in the community- lots of sequelae that will need to be treated and will affect volume of care needed, lack of availability for those who need their regular care
        -economic fallout occurs when someone has a chronic illness- lack of financial resources, usually at least 1 family member changes employment status to care for the person
        -issues re children- between the constant quarantining d/t exposure or positive cases- All sorts of disruption- kids having to stay home, teachers out, bus drivers out (our town is now down so many drivers they have to do double routes), daycare quarantining

Just some of what is happening in my town while the knuckledraggers are trying to go on with life as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Forgot to quote so I may be a bit off. Have to agree with who ever it was (Drew?) that said there is a subset of the population that just follows the rules. One of my parents and my FIL- are 2. If the mask is required they will wear it otherwise, if it is not required then it just mean there isn't a need to wear it. My FIL is just oblivious. We told him go get a Booster. He did it. If we hadn't he wouldn't have thought of it.

I agree with the financial piece- if you have not been medically advised to not take the vaccine then increased premiums, exclusion of coverage, etc.
          And when they start rationing (which they will, and are already)- if you weren't vaxed then you go to the back of the line.

Watching the news as I type. Lists and lists of bad #s and we still have no leadership as far blanket requirement of wearing masks, needing vax to go places.

We are going to see a collapse of the healthcare system- that is pretty evident. What no one is talking about--huge burden, long term, on multiple fronts-
          -healthcare in the community- lots of sequelae that will need to be treated and will affect volume of care needed, lack of availability for those who need their regular care
          -economic fallout occurs when someone has a chronic illness- lack of financial resources, usually at least 1 family member changes employment status to care for the person
          -issues re children- between the constant quarantining d/t exposure or positive cases- All sorts of disruption- kids having to stay home, teachers out, bus drivers out (our town is now down so many drivers they have to do double routes), daycare quarantining

Just some of what is happening in my town while the knuckledraggers are trying to go on with life as usual.
          Too bad that the following population is not over 70%. We'd be in a much better place if it were that high.

And about the family who gets bankrupted by this- the rich who run that other party don't care. They seem to be counting on the unrest from those people.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Too bad that the following population is not over 70%. We'd be in a much better place if it were that high.

And about the family who gets bankrupted by this- the rich who run that other party don't care. They seem to be counting on the unrest from those people.
            I wonder at what point they realize dead people can't vote- and disabled people can't get to the polls- especially when they are trying so hard to make it impossible for them to do so....

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

I wonder at what point they realize dead people can't vote- and disabled people can't get to the polls- especially when they are trying so hard to make it impossible for them to do so....
              And as bad for faux- dead viewers don't buy from your advertisers.

But they will accept the "I told you so" from people who didn't get very sick, just like they blame vaccinated people of being spreaders, etc, etc etc.

Not sure if this will ever end, based on them. Heck, enough have gotten so sick, almost died, and think that was good enough for futher protection.

BTW, for you all in Metro Boston- be weary going out to dinner. I'm aware of a chef who got covid, from another chef who was unvaccinated and not wearing a mask in the kitchen. Can't give you more details than that, other than the first chef is doing fine- but is staying home for the quarantine period. I think we will be wearing masks at our table when the server is around.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And as bad for faux- dead viewers don't buy from your advertisers.

But they will accept the "I told you so" from people who didn't get very sick, just like they blame vaccinated people of being spreaders, etc, etc etc.

Not sure if this will ever end, based on them. Heck, enough have gotten so sick, almost died, and think that was good enough for futher protection.

BTW, for you all in Metro Boston- be weary going out to dinner. I'm aware of a chef who got covid, from another chef who was unvaccinated and not wearing a mask in the kitchen. Can't give you more details than that, other than the first chef is doing fine- but is staying home for the quarantine period. I think we will be wearing masks at our table when the server is around.
                Arg. Schools are stupid- kids are test in place. Whole rooms affected. They don't test teachers, have very creative views of what is a contact (8 hours in a room with a positive person, very close, is not a close contact), and move the teachers to another room without testing. Duh. You can't try much harder to be stupid. I could understand if it was at the local garage but education people?

Comment

• My company just announced back in the offices late Jan. Lol. Just ****ing lol. I'm not going back in January.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I am shaking my head. I can not figure out where some of these people are coming from. How is it a good decision to pretend and move forward with things when the world is burning with cases right now?

Even if you acknowledge no business gives a rat's a55 about its employees, it can't be cost effective to do things that will ensure the spread of illness among those you need to be working. We have the NFL- not quarantining people who are positive, local schools shifting people around after they have been exposed, not requiring masks when you ae supposed to be moral leaders (Looking at you Catholic Church, local bible thumping churches).

I worked yrs in medicine where denial is a source of pride for many patients but I never, ever, thought it would be possible to groom such a large portion of the population to think it is OK to ignore risk even when it means you might die

Comment

• My favorite was how they said they'll be looking at vaccine trajectories to determine when and how to open back up.

no you fools. With an R0 of 8+, trajectories don't matter. Herd immunity isn't a concept at 8+. It's effectively get vaccinated or get sick. So what they're actually saying is they have a specific number of people they're ok with killing. I guess there's a calculation to be made and there is a numerical value to corporation for a human life. So I guess it's not surprising. I just wish they would say it.
                      Code:

Comment

• I'm headed to Mexico in two days...last time I went was in 2020 when things crapped the bed. (March) its like ****ing Deja Vu!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          My favorite was how they said they'll be looking at vaccine trajectories to determine when and how to open back up.

no you fools. With an R0 of 8+, trajectories don't matter. Herd immunity isn't a concept at 8+. It's effectively get vaccinated or get sick. So what they're actually saying is they have a specific number of people they're ok with killing. I guess there's a calculation to be made and there is a numerical value to corporation for a human life. So I guess it's not surprising. I just wish they would say it.

I’m not sure who is the “they” you are referring to….or what the context is… But playing devils advocate here. The vaccine has been free and easily available to anyone for months now. At what point do we have to decide we are done going out of our way to protect people who are too stupid to go out and get a free, easily accessible, life saving vaccine?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I’m not sure who is the “they” you are referring to….or what the context is… But playing devils advocate here. The vaccine has been free and easily available to anyone for months now. At what point do we have to decide we are done going out of our way to protect people who are too stupid to go out and get a free, easily accessible, life saving vaccine?
                            Life saving for who?

Comment

• My company finally had enough of pushing the return to office date back. January 18th it is. The original idea was that on this date well over half the company would be back, and working remotely would be about 50% of the time tops. They've done away with all that. My impression is that they are tired of sending out communications about it, so this is it. "Come in if you want. Or don't. We don't care anymore just do your job whatever."
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

They being the executives who made this decision and signed their name to the bottom of the email announcing it.

Because they're still going to have to quarantine and lock down periodically because of outbreaks within offices and plants. There are several locations where well over 50% were asking for religious exemptions. This means those people will keep getting sick and will keep infecting their coworkers.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-16-2021, 10:07 PM.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X