Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****!

Best friend tested positive. He was at my house yesterday.

Would not care except I am supposed to work this weekend (really need the money) and next weekend we go to Mexico. **** **** ****!!

I just took a spit test...now I need a rapid. I was just getting excited over leaving too.

At least I have my booster :^(
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      ****!

Would not care except I am supposed to work this weekend (really need the money) and next weekend we go to Mexico. **** **** ****!!

I just took a spit test...now I need a rapid. I was just getting excited over leaving too.

My daughter has been super paranoid about this exact scenario. She is going on a trip at the end of the week. I hope you get it figured out.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        Also, I agree with Scarlet. I'm facing something similar with one of my brothers.

Brother 1: Trumpy idiot who thinks covid is nonsense and refuses a vaccine, masking, or testing (because he "doesn't need it").
        Brother 2: vaccinated and boosted, with a pregnant wife who's also vaccinated and boosted, and a 3 year old who can't be vaccinated yet
        Dad: Vaccinated and boosted.

All plan to come here for Christimas. We've collectively asked Brother 1 to take a rapid test upon arrival. So far, he refuses because he's not sick. I pointed out that we aren't asking him to vaccinate or do anything else, just to take the test when entering my home. Refuses. Flatly refuses. I also pointed out that my girlfriend will need to rearrange her travel so she can avoid him before she goes to see her parents. "No she doesn't, and if she thinks she does that's her problem".

The selfishness is mind boggling. So much as taking a rapid test upon arrival is seen as admission that he's been wrong. Fox News has destroyed us.
        Easy solution is to simply let Brother #1 know he is not invited for Christmas.

Comment

****!

Honestly if you are vaccinated and boosted you don’t have a lot to worry about.

Comment

****!

The armory in inver grove is super slick for rapid testing

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Honestly if you are vaccinated and boosted you don’t have a lot to worry about.
              I'm not worried about getting sick I'm worried about not being able to travel.

I called my job they said if I took the spit test to just wait and let them know unless I get symptomatic.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The armory in inver grove is super slick for rapid testing
                So is the Convention Center I just chose to do the spit test over the rapid cause he hadn't gotten his results yet. We were decently spaced out and didn't like shake hands or anything. Plus we had an air purifier going for whatever that is worth.

Meanwhile my buddys wife is a teacher and his kids will be forced home.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

****!

Ugh. Sorry man. Fingers crossed for negative.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm not worried about getting sick I'm worried about not being able to travel.

I called my job they said if I took the spit test to just wait and let them know unless I get symptomatic.
                    That sounds similar to the protocols at both mine and my wife's work, as well as for both our kids schools. If you have an exposure but are vaccinated there is no action needed other than to monitor for symptoms.

I hear you, there is the off chance your travel could be affected, but you have a very good layer of protection so your chances of even becoming asymptomatically infected are quite low.... especially if you were spaced out with an air purifier. Evidently those are fairly effective if it was the right kind of purifier.

Fingers crossed for you but odds are you will be fine in all ways.

Edit: Obviously I hope your friend is OK.
                    Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-08-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I may have to go to Columbus, Ohio for a business trip in January. I'm thinking things aren't too good there. Will need to check. Ugh.

Had a bit of a blowout, well, not so much a blowout, with my cousin. His mom lives with my mom. He lives in Wyoming, is a baptist minister and is not vaccinated. Because he believes in faith. Anyway, his sister texted me a month ago to ask what I thought - would I be OK with him going into the apartment. My mom and aunt are both vaccinated and got their boosters. I said if he goes in the building, he wears a mask the entire time. I told my mom the same thing. And she is not to hug him. His sister did tell me she told him he had to get tested before he came.

The visit was this past weekend. He also brought his son, which I did not know was happening. I don't believe he is vaccinated either. There was some miscommunication about how much he wore his mask in the apartment. I texted his sister yesterday to say I heard he didn't, at least not a lot, and asked if he actually got tested like you asked. I admittedly overreacted a bit. She said something to him (and not in a malicious was), and so he texted me, telling me was glad he didn't live in a bizarro world and that it was inappropriate for my mom to ask him if he was vaccinated so he told her it was none of her business. I responded if wanting to ensure the safety of my 87 year old mother (and his 88 year old mother) and my family and friends made me a resident in Bizarro World, so be it. And I have a lot of people with me. And that my mother was well within her rights to ask you that - you were a guest in HER HOME. I'm so annoyed at him right now.
                      At least you don't live in Kunckledragger World, where people like your cousin believe they can just pray this **** away.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

That sounds similar to the protocols at both mine and my wife's work, as well as for both our kids schools. If you have an exposure but are vaccinated there is no action needed other than to monitor for symptoms.

I hear you, there is the off chance your travel could be affected, but you have a very good layer of protection so your chances of even becoming asymptomatically infected are quite low.... especially if you were spaced out with an air purifier. Evidently those are fairly effective if it was the right kind of purifier.

Fingers crossed for you but odds are you will be fine in all ways.

Edit: Obviously I hope your friend is OK.
                        Friend is vaxxed but has some minor symptoms. He is overly stressed and a workaholic though so it might just be he is run down.

I'm less worried than before and appreciate the good vibes.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• If you've been triple vaccinated against a virus with a 99.5%+, survival rate, still afraid of people with no symptoms of illness and you still want to strip other people of their freedoms and human rights so you "feel safe", then you have a serious problem.

A very serious mental problem that most likely won’t be recovered from any time soon.

Comment

****!

Sh-t.

I wish you the very best. I am trying to project all my negativity to you!
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Sh-t.

I wish you the very best. I am trying to project all my negativity to you!
                              That explains my wanting to kill Chris Nolan all of a sudden!!

Thanks for the well wishes :^)
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So it's been 17 hours since I got my booster and just like shot 2, I feel like I was hit by a truck. Just like the normal flu. Oh, well- I have plenty of sick time.

Before I do a google, are there any known studies to figure why there's such a spread between reactions to the vaccine?

Handy- hoping for a good outcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X