Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Would only take about 100 days for the mRNA boosters which is nice if needed to update for Omnicon

Comment

• To be fair, everybody sane in the world cares about keeping the US away from the Nazis.

Except, apparently, American voters.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Comment

• About the earlier conversation, covid is here to stay period. It’s endemic. We would need to essentially vaccinate 100% of all people forever until we eliminate all other potential animal reservoirs. We lost the opportunity to contain in 2020 or maybe early 2021.

We just aren’t going to have an end. Like others mentioned above, it’s now about maximizing individual protection against the virus just like the flu vaccine. We need to get the vaccines, it doesn’t even matter which ones, to everyone on the planet regardless of whether they’ve had covid before. We need treatments. A change to how we are going to care for waves of covid in the future.

So yeah, the more I think about, the more it makes sense to end the pandemic response and move to endemic response. This includes changes to how we insure the population and how we allocate resources. A doctor will never leave a patient untreated, that’s unethical and we don’t want that. We shouldn’t put them in that situation. But we change how those people choose to pay for their care. Increased premiums, 0% coverage of costs, etc. Refuse employment, admittance, travel. it’s a choice. Few are rights.

The Right has b-tched about the pandemic and the response. The endemic response is going to be and should be hell. They allowed this to happen.

Not that any of this isn’t obvious or new. It’s just finally clicking with me.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• You will see a mass exodus of teachers (even more than is currently happening) if you do this wrong. We need student populations vaccinated at a much higher rate before we can do any of this. As someone whose gf is running an online school for her district I can promise you we are a bad semester away from full on educational breakdown. Teachers are already stretched too thin and if we just basically throw our hands up and try and move forward it is going to get really ****ing ugly.

Now, if we mandate COVID vaccines just to go back to in person...then I might be with you. But trust me when I tell you the only thing more precarious right now than our Democracy is public education.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh yeah, covid vaccines for students is a no brainer IMO. Tack it on to the long list of vaccines already required.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Oh yeah, covid vaccines for students is a no brainer IMO. Tack it on to the long list of vaccines already required.
                The problem is...if Biden does that he is signing his own death warrant. Does he have the balls to do that? I should hope so...the fact we even have to discuss it is why this country is a failed state.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The problem is...if Biden does that he is signing his own death warrant. Does he have the balls to do that? I should hope so...the fact we even have to discuss it is why this country is a failed state.
                  Seems that if the localities actually see the crisis that you've noted, they will be forced to make it happen locally. Sure, there will be ugly confrontations, but better that than all the teachers quitting.

Comment

• Well, this is less encouraging

modern thinks there will be a "material drop" in effectiveness against omicron

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/inves...oil/index.html
                    Code:

Comment

I think MV nails it. That's a local problem to solve unfortunately. As are so many of the endemic responses.
                      Code:

Comment

You will see a mass exodus of teachers (even more than is currently happening) if you do this wrong. We need student populations vaccinated at a much higher rate before we can do any of this. As someone whose gf is running an online school for her district I can promise you we are a bad semester away from full on educational breakdown. Teachers are already stretched too thin and if we just basically throw our hands up and try and move forward it is going to get really ****ing ugly.

Now, if we mandate COVID vaccines just to go back to in person...then I might be with you. But trust me when I tell you the only thing more precarious right now than our Democracy is public education.
                        Half the country doesn’t believe in education and would like to see the public school system go **** up.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The country was on the brink before the pandemic. The pandemic is just going to push it over the ledge. I don't see how we survive this. Heard a great report this morning where they were talking about how no one believes the things that really happened with Russia and the 2016 election (it's in the Mueller report, and Rubio's own committee investigated and reported on it). They basically said, and I agree, that the same thing is going to happen with 1/6. It's inevitable. We live in a post facts, smash and grab world now. Get vaccinated to protect yourself but know this, you will have to get boosted every 6-12 months for the rest of your life and your life is never going back to normal.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            The country was on the brink before the pandemic. The pandemic is just going to push it over the ledge. I don't see how we survive this. Heard a great report this morning where they were talking about how no one believes the things that really happened with Russia and the 2016 election (it's in the Mueller report, and Rubio's own committee investigated and reported on it). They basically said, and I agree, that the same thing is going to happen with 1/6. It's inevitable. We live in a post facts, smash and grab world now. Get vaccinated to protect yourself but know this, you will have to get boosted every 6-12 months for the rest of your life and your life is never going back to normal.
                            The middle third of this country has massively, massively let us down.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Schools were having a difficulty finding teachers before Covid, especially in certain teaching areas and geographic areas.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I don't see how we survive this.
                                Maybe, but this has also been your go to post for the last ten years.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X