Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    It really is remarkable takes like this can be presented as reasonable: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...source=twitter
    I didn’t think it was that out there. Apart from a silly headline about politicians not scientists deciding when it is over, what parts were that unreasonable?

Comment

• You don't just end the restrictions because stupid people are stupid and you certainly don't have politicians make the decision when the doctors are saying otherwise. Plus the take about schools was stupid.

You don't force and end to the Pandemic, it either arrives or you just have to live with the mandates. Pretending we are out of the woods is a recipe for a disaster and while the article tries to pretend that isnt the total outcome of what they are advocating...it totally is. Look what happened when people were able to act normally again...they flouted suggestion and basically took five steps back.

I mean think about it, the article is saying "time to get into recovery mode" while also saying "1000 people are dying daily". That doesn't mesh.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• We ok with a 9/11 2x a week? No? Then **** off with this "end of pandemic" bullsh--t
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I believe it’s been found in two completely different parts of England.
          . What does that even mean? The island of Great Britain is the size of Kansas. Would you really be surprised if it showed up simultaneously in Topeka and Wichita?

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Hooray! The two biggest healthcare systems in MA are reducing non-emergency procedures that result in hospitalizations to accomodate the (almost entirely unvaccinated) Covid sick. Nice job everyone! Screw the guy that needs back surgery, or the woman that needs a lump in her breast removed. I got mah rights!
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              You don't just end the restrictions because stupid people are stupid and you certainly don't have politicians make the decision when the doctors are saying otherwise. Plus the take about schools was stupid.

You don't force and end to the Pandemic, it either arrives or you just have to live with the mandates. Pretending we are out of the woods is a recipe for a disaster and while the article tries to pretend that isn't the total outcome of what they are advocating...it totally is. Look what happened when people were able to act normally again...they flouted suggestion and basically took five steps back.

I mean think about it, the article is saying "time to get into recovery mode" while also saying "1000 people are dying daily". That doesn't mesh.
              Right - the comment / headline about politicians not scientists is stupid. I don't see in the article where she is advocating to end all restrictions and I think the point that the pandemic / covid is never going to have a distinct "end" is pretty valid.

Comment

• At what point do we actually start to carve into our norms and reject the unvaccinated from services? Because at some point we get there. In cases like you point out, back surgery may seem elective because they won't save a life, but we're looking at this in death certs. That person who desperately needs back surgery might not have a life because of the pain. Or the guy who needs hip replacements because he can't walk. Or the woman who needs a lumpectomy. Like, these are potentially life saving treatments even if they don't immediately produce a death certificate if postponed. Why should they suffer because children won't eat their vegetables?

Because I think I'm there. The unvaccinated should be pushed to the back of the line. We've put up with them for far too long and endangered everyone else who is unfortunate enough to need medical services because these assh-les are using up all of the care.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  Hooray! The two biggest healthcare systems in MA are reducing non-emergency procedures that result in hospitalizations to accomodate the (almost entirely unvaccinated) Covid sick. Nice job everyone! Screw the guy that needs back surgery, or the woman that needs a lump in her breast removed. I got mah rights!
                  It really is amazing that while this is happening we have ‘experts’ saying we just need to move on and it’s not that big of deal.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Because I think I'm there. The unvaccinated should be pushed to the back of the line. We've put up with them for far too long and endangered everyone else who is unfortunate enough to need medical services because these assh-les are using up all of the care.
                    100% agree. It also time to add this to the list of required immunizations to attend school.
                    Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-29-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

We ok with a 9/11 2x a week? No? Then **** off with this "end of pandemic" bullsh--t
                      Apparently, a lot of people are.

The same people who were curled up in a corner wetting themselves after 9/11.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

At what point do we actually start to carve into our norms and reject the unvaccinated from services? Because at some point we get there. In cases like you point out, back surgery may seem elective because they won't save a life, but we're looking at this in death certs. That person who desperately needs back surgery might not have a life because of the pain. Or the guy who needs hip replacements because he can't walk. Or the woman who needs a lumpectomy. Like, these are potentially life saving treatments even if they don't immediately produce a death certificate if postponed. Why should they suffer because children won't eat their vegetables?

If they all think their health is in the hands of their God, and don't trust the doctors, who are either just in it for the sweet federal money, or deliberately killing people, why don't they go to their church when they get sick? Leave the hospitals for the people who need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Apparently, a lot of people are.

The same people who were curled up in a corner wetting themselves after 9/11.
                          "I don't know anyone that died of Covid..."
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Bet they might know a few that died from pneumonia, or a blood clot, or organ failure.

Comment

We ok with a 9/11 2x a week? No? Then **** off with this "end of pandemic" bullsh--t
                              I think the point was that it will likely never have an end. That sucks, but it is probably true.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I think the point was that it will likely never have an end. That sucks, but it is probably true.
                                Yes, but the pandemic turning into an endemic can be minimized to not be the #1 cause of death in this country. At least we can do that. If we can get it to be double influenza, that would be amazing. And reduction can happen if we all get vaccinated.

BTW, if anything else will force vaccinations will be mass change in policy from insurance companies. Doctors will never give up on a sick person, no matter how stupid they are. But if insurance companies make it massively expensive to go to the hospital to get taken care of when you are not vaccinated, well... That may change things. And it's really in their financial interest to get some of their money back from people who can't take care of themselves like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X